All things Dundee FC

Not even slightly out of order. I joined there a few years ago and got 'outed' as an Arab and banned because I asked about the club's past during "the troubles" (sectarianism in football) and because I was critical of McCann's appointment.

Bunch of jobbys.

FTD83 :lol:

(The above ftd83 is a joke and not a single item in my house is orange.)

2 hours ago, srw said:

Half the people on that forum are delusional idiots, and its moderated by a group of people who are c'nts.

Chances of a striker in before Saturday? I was confident this time last week that we had to have something sorted out but it's really not looking likely. Call me a cynical b*****d but it feels like today's Nabi announcement is to appease the fans because there's not going to be anyone else coming in for the St Mirren game.

14 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Chances of a striker in before Saturday? I was confident this time last week that we had to have something sorted out but it's really not looking likely. Call me a cynical b*****d but it feels like today's Nabi announcement is to appease the fans because there's not going to be anyone else coming in for the St Mirren game.

If nobody else comes in before Sat it's not the end of the world but it is a bit strange to let 4 strikers leave and only bring in 1. NM must have something lined up or he wouldn't have e let elbak and Haber both go

Birmingham are being allowed to sign 5 players so we may see a bit of movement with Stewart (Not necessarily to us).

Bonne/Shankland, Stewart and a LB would allow me to forgive McCann for not recruiting a target man tbh. That'd be sensational business. I reckon the signing of Nabi puts paid to the Stewart idea, though. 

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If true, I'm happy. But he'll need to prove himself big time for McCann's sake.

That's his first of 3 tweets, debatable about the accuracy. I could see us bidding that amount though as that's what we've done with Hamilton.

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's his first of 3 tweets, debatable about the accuracy. I could see us bidding that amount though as that's what we've done with Hamilton.

Yeah, the page is nonsense.  Just the guy taking links which have been previously established in the press and then giving a non-committal vague comment about a deal. Eventually, he'll hit a couple right and then be heralded as an authority figure.

4 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Yeah, the page is nonsense.  Just the guy taking links which have been previously established in the press and then giving a non-committal vague comment about a deal. Eventually, he'll hit a couple right and then be heralded as an authority figure.

"Doing an Agent Scotland", in other words. He'll have nailed it if he then goes back and deletes the tweets which didn't come true. 

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah and so far most would agree that was money that could have been better spent. 

Could have been used to bolster a bid for a player or brought in a natural LB.

Ah well still choking for the start of the season and our three points courtesy of Stubbs and co.

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

"Doing an Agent Scotland", in other words. He'll have nailed it if he then goes back and deletes the tweets which didn't come true. 

55 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Confirmed shitehousing. Read the tweet and then his response to this guy.

Screenshot_2018-08-03-09-36-52.png

I'm not sure how I feel about Shankland. The boys clearly talented. Aberdeen wouldn't have given him gametime at 17 if he wasn't a talent. You can read as much as you like into his loan spells but he's still only 22. 

My biggest concern would be paying a fee for him. If he doesn't score within a couple of games it'll be used by some as a stick to beat him with. You can already see it happening with Hamilton after 2 games.

I've still got faith - like a couple of others - that Mendy could score a good few goals this season. 

Still maintain we should be good to go if we can sign a striker and LB. 

Ayr released an official statement yesterday confirming that they had received official approaches from a number of clubs on both Shankland and others, however they confirmed that he was signed and it would take a significant offer for us to sell him (£100k with add ons is not a significant offer).

http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/club-statement/

Incidentally, Shankland is as good a striker as I've seen at Ayr in over 30 years of following the club. He's got presence, he's strong, he makes great runs and has an excellent work rate and most of all he can bang them in with either foot or the head. I believe he may have had a few issues with his weight and even his confidence when out on loan from Aberdeen, however he's a different player now and I honestly think he could make it to the very top.

11 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Ayr released an official statement yesterday confirming that they had received official approaches from a number of clubs on both Shankland and others, however they confirmed that he was signed and it would take a significant offer for us to sell him (£100k with add ons is not a significant offer).

http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/club-statement/

Incidentally, Shankland is as good a striker as I've seen at Ayr in over 30 years of following the club. He's got presence, he's strong, he makes great runs and has an excellent work rate and most of all he can bang them in with either foot or the head. I believe he may have had a few issues with his weight and even his confidence when out on loan from Aberdeen, however he's a different player now and I honestly think he could make it to the very top.

Just out of interest, what sort of money are his wages meant to be? My thinking was maybe there could be an unpleasant release clause in there that persuaded him to stick around amid interest elsewhere.