All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, harry94 said:
10 minutes ago, Kyle said:
Turn down 7 figures in January, player leaves for free in August. Classic Dundee. 

That would be quite difficult considering he didn't play for Dundee.

Yes I realise now that the bid came in April rather than January. That makes the whole saga even more ludicrous, but I suppose I should correct that error. 

More seriously, I hope he sorts himself out as he’s clearly got some issues that got well beyond football. 

Started out impeccably here but ever since Portugal-gate he's never quite been the same. It's an open secret that he's been spotted out drinking the nights before he was due to play in games.

I hope he gets himself sorted out, but I as I've previously said I don't think his head's in it anymore and it's probably best for both parties. 

Some of these comments are classics. The bid could have been 10 quid all the way to 1.5m wouldn’t have mattered as am sure he had no intentions to play in Denmark or anywhere else.at that time. So Back to your own forms please boys [emoji1376][emoji1360]

1 minute ago, locheedee said:

^This^

Can't believe some sad b*****d has red dotted it tho - some pathetic fuds just can't help but show their lack of class I guess

I've not checked but its probably some form of dotting retribution considering Biggie paid actual money to go Platinum on this site, purely to red dot every single post @Szamo's_Ammo makes.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've not checked but its probably some form of dotting retribution considering Biggie paid actual money to go Platinum on this site, purely to red dot every single post @Szamo's_Ammo makes.

I'm sure it will be - still doesn't change the fact it's a pathetic thing to do about a comment wishing a guy with mental health issues well.

Really sad news about Caulker. Was well worth the risk considering the calibre of player he can be when he's healthy. Can only wish him all the best with his battles, and if he does conquer his demons and comes back to Dens one day in an opposition shirt then I'll be glad to see him. (unless it's Sevco or the Arabs in which case he can f**k off)

I reckon we were desperate to sell Caulker all throughout the transfer window with McCann expressing shock that he hadn't left already. I think Caulker respectfully gave McCann until the last second to sort out a replacement for him and to obviously hope a bid would come in.

Despite the rumours, I reckon that's why he was 'dropped' as he wasn't long term and once we got these 2 new boys in, he's able to depart with his head held high even if another club didn't put a bid in.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him sign for Celtic tbh.

Edited by Ludo*1

Caulker's no big loss, hardly stood out and never lived up to his billing.

This just reminds me of a Paul Hartley transfer window, overloading certain areas while ignoring others and never signing a tried and tested player in this league, a 38yr old being the exception. Feel a sense of desperation there and  a real lack of experience or knowledge of what he's trying to achieve.

Imo the squad needs creativity and width and without any we're going to see much of the same. Can't see anything other than a struggle

Not really shocked or concerned about Caulker going. I think it’s been on the cards for weeks with him being out the picture a bit since pre-season. Now, let’s see if he signs for the **** and then we can whip up theories about them having no money and convincing him to trigger his release so they didn’t have to pay :)

It’s clear caulker has issues. The Portugal fiasco is well documented but getting sent home from a pre season training camp for going on the drink was never going to end well.

We’ll never know the true extent of the reality of the “offers” from Rosenberg but even if Dundee accepted it’s not like we could have forced him to move - he held all the cards here.

All in all I think the club done well bringing two players from, what seems like, a good level to replace him before letting him leave.

Just need a win today now and it’ll have been an okay week.