All things Dundee FC

14 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

For one minute I thought we were signing a st.johnstone player.

Then I realised it was just Random and his usual shite.

Moving on from his shite, have we said we are interested in any players to come in, in January ?

Worryingly, according to a Dundee Courier article, James McPake doesn't have a specific position in mind as the January transfer window draws closer. "We want quality but it could be in any position".

To say we should all be concerned, is putting it mildly!!!

Best regards as always

Just now, This Charming Man said:

Worryingly, according to a Dundee Courier article, James McPake doesn't have a specific position in mind as the January transfer window draws closer. "We want quality but it could be in any position".

Best regards as always

Eh?

He's saying he'll be looking for options at every position, which is a statement I'm happy with. Hints at wanting someone/something he doesn't currently have in all areas, and he's holding his cards to his chest. Don't need to press the panic button for every quote he utters.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Don't need to press the panic button for every quote he utters.

Couldn't life ever be sane again? on the Leeds side streets that you slip down.

eta. Hang the DJ.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

Eh?
He's saying he'll be looking for options at every position, which is a statement I'm happy with. Hints at wanting someone/something he doesn't currently have in all areas, and he's holding his cards to his chest. Don't need to press the panic button for every quote he utters.
I dont want him as manager so really don't want him to have any button.
Just have to see what happens now but yes we need players in come january.
If he is gone before that, that be ideal as means americans will throw money at someone else...

48 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Best regards as always

Jesus f*ck, tell me this isn’t true?

14 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Eh?

With the greatest of respect Ross, from someone who's managed his own professional business for quite a number of years, you don't have to smell shite to recognise it when it's clearly presented in front of you.

Mr James McPake has up until now, to all of our disappointment I may add, whilst apologising for my industrial language, does not as yet know his arse from his elbow. Let's all pray this improves and in the meantime sleepwalk and hope for the best. 

Best regards, as always.378479024_images(6).jpg.18afea1b194d982dce527702c92d9c20.jpg

42 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

With the greatest of respect Ross, from someone who's managed his own professional business for quite a number of years, you don't have to smell shite to recognise it when it's clearly presented in front of you.

Mr James McPake has up until now, to all of our disappointment I may add, whilst apologising for my industrial language, does not as yet know his arse from his elbow. Let's all pray this improves and in the meantime sleepwalk and hope for the best. 

Best regards, as always.378479024_images(6).jpg.18afea1b194d982dce527702c92d9c20.jpg

To be fair, the one thing I thought we all agreed he'd largely done well was his scouting and recruitment for players. I completely agree that in the majority of areas there is much that needs to improve, but I have relative confidence that he will find players to fill the gaps that the squad has. We'll have to wait and see though.

33 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

To be fair, the one thing I thought we all agreed he'd largely done well was his scouting and recruitment for players. I completely agree that in the majority of areas there is much that needs to improve, but I have relative confidence that he will find players to fill the gaps that the squad has. We'll have to wait and see though.

With one of the largest budgets in Scottish football that is the very, very least I would expect from any half competent manager. 

Flapjack was not a McPake signing. Can't remember if Forster was, but I have to agree with Ross that his recruitment has been quality rather than quantity. Times gone by, when have we had a trialist not get a contract for a ludicrous length of time?

He has also changed to two up front which suggests he is willing to learn from his mistakes unlike others in charge of late.

Maybe McPake isn't all bad.

That’s exactly what we need quality not quantity personally I’d probably haunt people in the English leagues that aren’t having a great time but have experienced and enjoyed their time in Scottish football

8 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

With one of the largest budgets in Scottish football that is the very, very least I would expect from any half competent manager. 

One of the largest? I'd bet that the likes of Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, United and Kilmarnock are all spending guaranteed more money than us.

And it's foolish to expect great signings regardless of the money a club has. Even the likes of Ferguson had shite transfer windows.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

One of the largest? I'd bet that the likes of Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, United and Kilmarnock are all spending guaranteed more money than us.

And it's foolish to expect great signings regardless of the money a club has. Even the likes of Ferguson had shite transfer windows.

Yes.  I said one if the largest in Scottish football.  That is factually correct.

No guarantees money ensures you get good players (but having money does help........greatly).  That is why being a great motivator, a good man manager, and being tactically astute (to name but three qualities) is so important.  Unfortunately I don’t see any of these three qualities in McPake.

20 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Just read it on another site but how the f**k can we manage to still be on negative goal difference this far into the season with Hemmings, Nelson, Johnson, McDaid, Dorrans, Ness, Byrne and Gowser options upfront and in midfield 🙈

It’s because you’ve conceded more goals than you’ve scored.

HTH.

22 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Just read it on another site but how the f**k can we manage to still be on negative goal difference this far into the season with Hemmings, Nelson, Johnson, McDaid, Dorrans, Ness, Byrne and Gowser options upfront and in midfield 🙈

Until being forced into it due to injury at the QOS game McPake didn’t really give Johnson and Hemmings a real chance to form a partnership (they have scored 4 goals between them in 2.5 games since Johnston came on as a sub.

McDaid flatters to deceive.

Ness injured.

Byrne has been dreadful when used.

Gowser has only once ever scored more than 2 league goals in a season in the time he has been with us.

Dorrans gets deeper and deeper as each game goes on.

Nelson has constantly been played out of position.

When you add in the fact that Forster and Hamilton are first choice in our defence I suppose it is no suprise we are on negative goal difference.