All things Dundee FC

I remember sitting in the Main Stand when we beat Hamilton 4-0, think it was about 24 minutes in we went 4-0 up. Went for a pish at full time and there were two auld duffers in there moaning about how pish we were. Unbelievable.

Usually find the majority who moan sit right in the middle.

I remember some boy giving Hartley pelters most of the game. Dundee turned it around and won and as soon as we scored Hartley turned right around n cupped his ear looking towards the idiot.

It's a disgrace at times.

No doubt about it there are some fans go way over the top with their criticism and they need to have a look at themselves.

Interesting that if fans shout and bawl at players it’s being negative but if players like Gowser shouts and bawls at younger players in particular he’s just showing his passion.  Just saying.

I honestly don’t think Cammy is nearly as bad as is made out, not nearly the liability he is made out to be, nothing like as bad as Forster or Hamilton. When it comes to fight and drive he’s second to none in our team. He’s put in 2 excellent crosses in the last 2 games resulting in goals.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

I honestly don’t think Cammy is nearly as bad as is made out, not nearly the liability he is made out to be, nothing like as bad as Forster or Hamilton. When it comes to fight and drive he’s second to none in our team. He’s put in 2 excellent crosses in the last 2 games resulting in goals.

I personally think it's an absolute joke to pretend Gowser and Cammy are even close to being bad, especially this season. Easily have been two of our most consistent players this season.

Got round to watching the highlights.
Dunfermline Goal 1: Forster plays the attacker onside then is too slow tracking back to effectively block the cross. He also turns like a shopping trolley when the ball comes across him as he's standing on the line, missing his chance to get an unlikely but entirely possible block.
Dunfermline Goal 2: Forster is too slow racing back and cannot get back in the box in time to block the shoot. Flapjack's chocolate wrists don't help but it was a free shot at that point.
Dunfermline Goal 3: Forster loses his man, which is fine if you block the cross instead, but he's too slow getting in to position. Ball gets past him and it's a tap in from there.
I don't care who replaces him at centre back but get this dumpling out of the starting 11.
Mom Forster

I personally think it's an absolute joke to pretend Gowser and Cammy are even close to being bad, especially this season. Easily have been two of our most consistent players this season.
Consistent? Behave.

Consistently bad potentially can say this for majority of team. Has been an awful season so far.
McGowan and kerr have certainly found there level , but that could also be said for majority of the team.
Kerr and McGowan for me have both been okay, have had decent moments this season but probably more bad games than good.
Mcghee I think is decent but his buddy beside him is awful.
Our better player so far is Marshall but yeah havnt really seen too much of him.

January we need a keeper , centre half and hopefully that connects the rest of the team together.

17 hours ago, EpicMike said:

Got round to watching the highlights.

Dunfermline Goal 1: Forster plays the attacker onside then is too slow tracking back to effectively block the cross. He also turns like a shopping trolley when the ball comes across him as he's standing on the line, missing his chance to get an unlikely but entirely possible block.

Dunfermline Goal 2: Forster is too slow racing back and cannot get back in the box in time to block the shoot. Flapjack's chocolate wrists don't help but it was a free shot at that point.

Dunfermline Goal 3: Forster loses his man, which is fine if you block the cross instead, but he's too slow getting in to position. Ball gets past him and it's a tap in from there.

I don't care who replaces him at centre back but get this dumpling out of the starting 11.

Goal 2 : I don't want a defender putting in a tackle there.

Goal 3 : it literally isn't a tap in at all. Nisbet never touches it. 

Pretty tough going these days in the current climate regarding having a job so good on the Dundee city council giving Dundee.fc a grant and hopefully 2020 some of these people who go to the workshops will get back into employment.

I'd be all for promoting job opportunities if people were struggling for work on our pnb community.

3 hours ago, Dele said:

Goal 2 : I don't want a defender putting in a tackle there.

Goal 3 : it literally isn't a tap in at all. Nisbet never touches it. 

Doesn't need to be a tackle, a block or at least some sort of pressure will do. Which you can't do when you're a yard behind the attacker despite getting a head start. 

Fucking hell, you're right about the third goal. Speculative ball in to the box that gets by everyone and in to the back of the net. Shocking.

Edited by EpicMike

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Goal 2 you don’t want your defender getting outpaced and expect him to put in a challenge to block any shot. 

He's outpaced - there's nothing more he can do about that. Some humans are faster than others. He attempts a block, Nisbet cuts inside and takes him out the game. Folk blame him again. There (again, in theory) is very little danger there. I want my defender standing on two feet pushing his man wide. That's what he does. Hamilton is completely at fault for that goal. 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

He's outpaced - there's nothing more he can do about that. Some humans are faster than others. He attempts a block, Nisbet cuts inside and takes him out the game. Folk blame him again. There (again, in theory) is very little danger there. I want my defender standing on two feet pushing his man wide. That's what he does. Hamilton is completely at fault for that goal. 

I want my defender to be able to read the game and if his opponents are quicker than him have the knowledge to sit a bit deeper to cope with his pace or pull the fullback in beside him who can cope better with that pace/threat. Make the defence more compact by pulling the fullbacks closer to the centrehalfs preventing balls played up the side of them. Still expect him to get a block in as Nisbett isn’t a particularly fast player himself. I’d expect McPake to get tore into after the game for allowing a strike on goal, if he hasn’t we have a problem.  It’s the professional game after all. His job is to prevent shots at goal, getting himself between the ball and the goal and not just pushing them wider. Again McPake’s fault for signing players in important areas lacking in pace. Saying ”ach well someone else is faster than” me isn’t good enough or an excuse. Using someone at our level as an example is Reynolds at Utd. He isn’t blessed with pace but would’ve dealt with that situation imo. Granted he’s probably on 2 or 3 times the wages and therefore should be a better standard of player. 

Still can’t legislate for such a terrible attempt to save the resulting shot though. 

Edited by Yenitit

So McDaid, McGhee, Forster and Ness all missed training yesterday with knocks. The latter 3 all expected to be in the squad by Saturday, McDaid is a bit of a worry it seems.

Say Forster and McGhee both don't return in time, would that mean Fisher has to come in with Meekings? Don't think we have any other CBs. Yikes.

7 hours ago, Dele said:

Cheers for sharing, don't check the official often enough to have noticed. Have fired off an email (y)

ETA: Can't believe I just used the old MSN shortcut for a thumbs up unironically.

Edited by RawB93