All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

It’s funny how Nelms said he was inundated with job applications before we stuck with mcpake, I’m actually really curious as to who they were

The best of cast off hits such as 

1 - Stubbs

2 - Yogi

3 - McGhee

4 - McIntyre again somehow

5 - ???

3 minutes ago, Crawford said:

The best of cast off hits such as 

1 - Stubbs

2 - Yogi

3 - McGhee

4 - McIntyre again somehow

5 - ???

If we punted McPake and appointed any of those I'd be longing for McPake again. What a truly dreadful selection of managers that are absolutely ready to pounce on an unsuspecting club at a moments notice.

Maybe next time we go down a different street and get Brad bobley , someone from the Lithuanian league or better yet Sol “everyone is racist cause Iv not got a top job” Campbell 

Spoiler

Or we just stick with mcpake and see what happens 😐

56 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If we punted McPake and appointed any of those I'd be longing for McPake again. What a truly dreadful selection of managers that are absolutely ready to pounce on an unsuspecting club at a moments notice.

The sad thing is, with Strachan being the next man in Nelms' ear, you know McGhee would be in by the next morning.

47 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Random question which has nothing to do with how pish we are or football. 

Debate in work today, where's the best place to get fish and chips in Dundee? 

Jamie's Chippy, on the Cleppy. 

Has/had a bad rep due to others, two Polish guys have it now (have done for a couple months) and it's easily the best I've had in years. Thursday backshift is now Chippy night in work where as it used to revolve around takeaways. 

£7, fish is fucking huge. 

(Try the polony fritters and haggis fritters too ;)

59 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Random question which has nothing to do with how pish we are or football. 

Debate in work today, where's the best place to get fish and chips in Dundee? 

I'll throw in Victor's. Great portions and no soggy batter. Decent whack of chips too.

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

I'll throw in Victor's. Great portions and no soggy batter. Decent whack of chips too.

I like reading their Just Eat review page. Boy is an absolute mentalist.

Joe's Fish Bar in the Hilltown is surprisingly top notch and never talked about because of its location and it must have been shite in the past because it's never mentioned but top notch.

I have been thinking lately, are we Dee's just complete cunto supporters?

It seems to be that we get a manager in and within a couple of months the "(Insert Manager Name) OUT" starts.

Don't get me wrong I want McPake out, but is it because I am a c**t? Should we give a manager at least a few years? Should of McCann had more time? (Not Brown, he is a c**t.)

Just now, johnnydun said:

It seems to be that we get a manager in and within a couple of months the "(Insert Manager Name) OUT" starts.

Don't get me wrong I want McPake out, but is it because I am a c**t? Should we give a manager at least a few years? Should of McCann had more time? (Not Brown, he is a c**t.)

Some managers have had a hard time. Barry Smith having supporters wave signs to get him punted at McDiarmid Park after all he'd done for the club, fans chanting 'Jocky get tae f**k' in song format (Also applies to Hartley).

In retrospect, McCann arguably should have had more than 8 games and we'd just been bumped by Steven McLean and Steve Clarke's Killie but that was destined to fail and we were trying to save the season and got Jim fucking McIntyre.

In this case though? In this case the fans are absolutely right to be wanting McPake gone. He's not shown a single sign of competence in almost two years. He's a good guy, but has done nothing for the club that should save him from the baws oot, get the f**k from my club mentality.

39 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Nah I’d say we are now realists because of year upon year of charlatans at the club both on and off the park. No point in fuckin about all season until it’s too late when it’s fairly obvious things aren’t going to work out  

Take the keeper as an example. Some fans, very very few may I add, wanted him to get another chance. He’s had 2 years worth of chances, why would we want to give him anymore?  Yet we do, to our detriment and he’s nowhere near good enough and no point has looked good enough  so why wait until we’re in our current predicament to replace him where we never at any point of the season gave ourselves a chance at a title tilt. Absolute number 1 priority to fix in the summer and McPake fucked it up which is unforgivable and should’ve led to his sacking as harsh as that may sound.

Another example is the manager. He’s had 3 transfer windows to permanently address the goalkeeper position and fucked it up. He’s cost us big time with this decision last season and this whilst at no point under his tenure have we looked a title contender. This season’s was that bad our league challenge was as good as over after 10 minutes because of the gulf in talent and tactical nous between ourselves and Hearts. He ideally wants to play 3 centrehalf’s yet we only have 3 senior ones at the club and he sends the most likely deputy in Fisher out on loan meaning his plans would backfire if we had injuries. Low and behold we get 1 after 45 minutes. Did he think we were going to get through the season without a centrehalf getting injured? You’ve got to hit the ground running in football. McPake hasn’t. 

Read on another forum people saying the owners will settle for 4th. This boils meh piss. I hope in no way whatsoever that’s acceptable to Tim Keyes and very much doubt it is. 

Yeah McPake sounds like a good lad and has our club at heart but I don’t fall for that. Results are all that matter. 

Edited by Yenitit