All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

He would be my first choice. Best option out there. Doubt we would think of approaching him mind.

Hearing McPake has been sacked, but taking it with a pinch of salt as i don't know the complete details from the source. Hope it's true though but I'm not holding my breath with this board. Hartley lost 6 in a row, then 7 in a row later on in season 16/17 before he was sacked emoji849.png Less said about McIntyre the better....

Please be true. 

Please be true. 
My mate is an amateur SFA referee and he said earlier that cammy or another first team player put it into a whatsapp chat. As i said, taking it with a pinch of salt but hopefully it's true.

On McIntyre actually, thought it was weird last time we sacked a manager. We lost against Accies early May to confirm relegation, only then is McIntyre sacked after we beat Livi away the next week [emoji23]

1 minute ago, LM_0803 said:

My mate is an amateur SFA referee and he said earlier that cammy or another first team player put it into a whatsapp chat. As i said, taking it with a pinch of salt but hopefully it's true.

On McIntyre actually, thought it was weird last time we sacked a manager. We lost against Accies early May to confirm relegation, only then is McIntyre sacked after we beat Livi away the next week emoji23.png

The McCann one was strange as well. Dropped points to Killie after a dive to win a penalty by Jones, think we got a point. Then go into a 2 week international break and sack McCann something like 11 days into it 🤷🏼‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

The McCann one was strange as well. Dropped points to Killie after a dive to win a penalty by Jones, think we got a point. Then go into a 2 week international break and sack McCann something like 11 days into it 🤷🏼‍♂️

That was probably something to do with Keyes' business commitments. We've had ridiculous situations in the past where the club has been unable to make any executive decisions because the owner/money man has been unavailable.

A reminder that these same owners sacked Bomber in the middle of the season after getting 1 point from 9 games after going losing a lead at the top of the table, and it turned out to be the right decisions. Obviously circumstances are always gonna be different, but how long are we supposed to sit in the lower half of this league and just pray that somehow things come together? How low have their expectations fallen?

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, AmericanFan said:

Yessir. On my way with spray paint at the moment. Hope the Austin/Lake Travis PD aren't around. haha.

Good man. If you get caught, just tell them his staff has ruined the lives of many Scottish good guys. That should work, everyone likes the Scots eh?

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Does Tim Keyes have any sort of 'rep' locally in the area of Texas (I don't mean state wide - obviously) he operates in or is he just a typical businessman and no-one knows anything about him? 

All his websites are leading to dead or extremely dated links recently which is ominous! 

I'm under the impression he's just the typical businessman that no one knows anything about. I wasn't aware of him until @johnnydun told me he owned y'all (not that I run in influential circles, or anything). His offices are in a very wealthy area of town, but that doesn't mean a whole lot.

McPake seems to have no idea how to close a game out. We played some decent stuff and of course 3 goals up. Next thing we spend 20 odd minutes dissolving in to a mess with a group that look like they have no idea what they are supposed to be doing and just punting the ball up the park to come straight back at us.

Every game.

9 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Agreed. How long was he in charge of Robertson, Cameron etc? Was it 1 year and he’s getting all the credit or does the same coach at the club follow the same group of players up through all the age levels? A bit of a boot in the bollocks for the coaches who have helped in the development of these players since the age of 9 and McPake’s getting the credit because he coached them for 1 year and played with them during his rehab period. 

A massive worry for Keyes is the impact that McPake is going to have on future revenue streams. If McPake continues as he is then season tickets will take a big hit next year. 

Still can’t get my head around those substitutions today. He arguably took our  2 best players off in a hugely important game leaving on Gowser and Mullen who continually gave the ball away, then the last sub changing to a back 5 was just fuckin ludicrous. 

His last sub was baffling. We needed an extra midfielder on as after Adam went off they were just running through the middle off, an extra centre half just invited even more pressure. If we can se it, how the f**k can he not?

I’d have brought Robertson on for Mullen for what it’s worth.

Edited by RossDee01

8 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

A reminder that these same owners sacked Bomber in the middle of the season after getting 1 point from 9 games after going losing a lead at the top of the table, and it turned out to be the right decisions. Obviously circumstances are always gonna be different, but how long are we supposed to sit in the lower half of this league and just pray that somehow things come together? How low have their expectations fallen?

Think Bomber did the decent thing and resigned.

9 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Bomber resigned. Gardiner was in the press straight after saying he practically begged him to stay on but Bomber said to him he didn't feel wanted and he didn't think he'd get us up.

Oh aye, stupid me as per, might have been a wee bit pished as I rattled that one off. In that case, I guess McPake will only get sacked when he loses about 7 games in a row then, based on precedent.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee