All things Dundee FC

Is it weird if I hope that we win tonight and still finish 3rd? Don’t really get the whole argument of 2nd being an advantage, especially in a shortened season. The way this Dundee team is I think our best chance of going up is to just keep playing games without too much of a break, especially if we have momentum. I’d rather play Raith in the playoffs after putting in a couple of good performances in against Dunfermline than having it the other way about. Just feel like the momentum we could gain from finishing 3rd is better than finishing 2nd and having an extra week off. Not like we have any real injury problems.

On 24/04/2021 at 20:28, RossDee01 said:

I was thinking about these scenarios the other day as am I f**k missing it if we have a chance in the 2nd leg of a playoff final. Can you see any of the pitch from outside the ground at Hamilton or County?

Long way to go obviously before thinking about this but it did cross my mind.

Some of our fans were doing this at the start of the season, the most of a game they got was up a tree at Kelty

As for Hamilton, a bit of a waste of time, we could hear them and see them but this was the view

EkihLPrX0AIfMaF?format=jpg&name=medium

EkjYk6RWkAEsV3h?format=jpg&name=medium

And you would certainly not see anything at Dingwall unless you hire a cherry picker .

3 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Is it weird if I hope that we win tonight and still finish 3rd? 

Finishing third with the squad we have is shocking. Having a break and resting players is what I want. If these bunch of fannies want promoted they won't need Momentum to get us to the top league. Nae excuses. Get the job done. Pretty straight forward with the players we have right now .

4 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Finishing third with the squad we have is shocking. Having a break and resting players is what I want. If these bunch of fannies want promoted they won't need Momentum to get us to the top league. Nae excuses. Get the job done. Pretty straight forward with the players we have right now .

Spot on, it's nonsense to be finishing third.

Thank you.

Agreed that it’s pretty shit if we don’t finish 2nd with that squad although in the grand scheme of things I don’t mind if we finish 3rd after the game tonight as long as we win. We’ve built up a wee bit of momentum and keeping the undefeated sequence going can be a big thing for the players. 

Those run of results for our club this season should never be acceptable though. The run of games of Bonnyrigg, Arbroath, Raith, Queen Of The South and Morton in January/February was soul destroying and probably as bad a set of results as it gets. 

As much as I don't see McPake as our future, he's done exactly what I wanted him to do this season in terms of finishing place. From here on we need a huge amount of luck added to obvious talent. Time for McPake to prove his worth as a manager from here on in.

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

As much as I don't see McPake as our future, he's done exactly what I wanted him to do this season in terms of finishing place. From here on we need a huge amount of luck added to obvious talent. Time for McPake to prove his worth as a manager from here on in.

Yeah got 2nd but more than a bit meh tbh. The last 9 games is what I expected from the start of the season tbh. 

McMullan, Legzdins, Cummings and the emergence of Anderson has greatly improved us. Well done McPake on that 👏

Yeah got 2nd but more than a bit meh tbh. The last 9 games is what I expected from the start of the season tbh. 

McMullan, Legzdins, Cummings and the emergence of Anderson has greatly improved us. Well done McPake on that [emoji122]

What he said! And forgot about young Max. Excellent.

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

McMullan, Legzdins, Cummings and the emergence of Anderson has greatly improved us. Well done McPake on that 👏

Yup I'd go with this. Keeper I don't think I'd add just yet but an improvement on what we has for sure. Took for a hearts win on final game of season for us to be able to snatch second. So yes I find it meh and the fact we were nowhere near hearts. 

However time for him to step up and take us up a league. Nothing else is acceptable. That simple 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

2, potentially 4 high pressure extremely intense games with Dundee who don't like making it easy. I dunno if I'll survive the month tbh.

It’ll be ok Ludo it’s Dundee FC, they don’t let us down 😮🙃🤦🏻‍♂️

Bring it on! 💪💪💪

Edited by Yenitit