All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, Dee-funked said:

Alan Combe to replace Geddes as GK coach 🙄

Not quite the appointment I wanted but I’ll take it, fairly modern GK with modern(hopefully)  coaching techniques

happy with this if if it means mcpake is building his own back room staff instead of getting someone forced upon him

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not liking how much McPake loves a DAB.

McMullan, Clark, Sow, Ciftci, Scott Robertson as coach, Combe have all been signed or targeted by him. 

Tbf, McMullan and Sow didn’t work out too badly.

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McMullan, Clark, Sow, Ciftci, Scott Robertson as coach, Combe have all been signed or targeted by him. 

Americans softening us up for the amalgamation 

sara.thumb.jpg.87808668028cae96d8398fba563534dc.jpg

Who's that man kissing the hallowed, lush early season turf?  Warm welcome back to Dens Park Alan Combe.

Now awaiting @Dundee-FC92 posting a video of Georgi Nemsadze's sublime lob at Tannadice.

Memories eh?  Never let them slip, we'll be adding a few more this season in the derby encounters, that's for sure!

Regards 

He was at Hibs 6 years. He loves a Hibee more than anything.

16 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

They came up in either 87 or 88 for George McGeachie and won 4-0 and again for Bobby (3-1). I didn't get to George's game but i think they basically played the starting 11 from their obscenely good 87-88 season and were magnificent. 

My memory isn't what it used to be but I think McGeachie's Liverpool testimonial turned into a joint one with Jim Duffy who had a bad injury at Ibrox at the time and was never expected to play again.  Fortunately he played again.  But that could be nonsense 🙂

5 hours ago, doogster said:

My memory isn't what it used to be but I think McGeachie's Liverpool testimonial turned into a joint one with Jim Duffy who had a bad injury at Ibrox at the time and was never expected to play again.  Fortunately he played again.  But that could be nonsense 🙂

Nah, Duffy had his own game against a Scottish select side.  Both games were in late 1987 but Duffy's was a Sunday and McGeachie's midweek.

7 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Nowt wrong with that if they're even 60%+  of the titans below from a previous and current era in skill and application.

2122816306_OIP(4).jpg.61a968d196cf0087bf0acddda6371d2d.jpg        1170382603_s-l1600(4).jpg.1618863902ec558180f1156106ea2fef.jpg      9801027_download(33).jpg.ce87bec6d8bc81053482d29617e7e59f.jpg

Another couple -

image.jpeg.53d48276a7e2a60da93154a18c78692e.jpeg

image.jpeg.2d38bb684ec8879d43538438b3404c7e.jpeg

35 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Nah, Duffy had his own game against a Scottish select side.  Both games were in late 1987 but Duffy's was a Sunday and McGeachie's midweek.

Yeah I remember this, I think we won 5-3 or something and Duffy scored a pen. Duffy's injury imo robbed us of one of the best central defenders of his generation. When he came back 2-3 years later with a still pretty fucked knee, he was still a class player and we weren't far off staying up in 89-90 partly due to his return. 

22 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Yeah I remember this, I think we won 5-3 or something and Duffy scored a pen. Duffy's injury imo robbed us of one of the best central defenders of his generation. When he came back 2-3 years later with a still pretty fucked knee, he was still a class player and we weren't far off staying up in 89-90 partly due to his return. 

Yep.  I remember he made a wee speech before the testimonial and there were a fair few of us with a bit of dust in our eyes!

5 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I thought at the time he was good but that turned out to be a massive underestimate. Recently saw a couple of derby games on BBC Scotland channel and he was excellent. Looked like a 1 man defence. He was winning every header, blocking most things coming into the box. His injury was a massive blow to us. 

Edited by Yenitit

Duffy's ability to read the game was second to none. Always in the perfect place at just the right moment. Not in the McPake style of last-ditch tackles, but seemingly able to predict what the player with the ball was going to do before they thought of it themselves. Says everything about how much our football has fallen away in 30 years that a player with his ability didn't win a single cap. If he was around now he'd be a dead cert SFA Hall of Famer. Pair him with a big, physical centre half to go attack the ball and batter centre forwards, and you're good to go.

According to TDB we beat Hamilton 5-0 in a bounce game today, goals from Ashcroft, McCowan (2), Jakubiak and McDaid.

Edit: George Cran too

Just turn Dens into an artificial pitch at this point.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee