All things Dundee FC

7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Good Afternoon Dundee fans, 

Through work I'm moving to Dundee, what's the best takeaways within walking distance of Baxter Park? Also pubs which show sky sports. 

f**k Peter Grant, thank you. 

Not the worst area for a munch or a pint The Shahi takeaway for kebab/curry/pizza and Lucky House for a Chinese, Parks for a "chipper" but I'd nod the hat to the old Dora's or "stobie chipper" as it's called now. I'd say the Balmore for pints or Ferraris if you're "sometimes nawty...

Legzdins
Kerr Ashcroft Sweeney Marshall
McMullan Byrne McGhee McCowan
Griffiths Cummings

This has to be the team for Sunday. f**k the 433 and get back to a basic 442 with two actual wingers and two strikers through the middle. People may argue that it’s harsh on Anderson to be dropped from this XI but I think Byrne and McGhee are more experienced for this type of occasion. Also you could perhaps swap out Sweeney for Fontaine for more experience for a derby fixture also.

The above XI depends on availability also.

3 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Hud on, people actually spell Stobie with two B’s?

I thought it was just the Tully fannies. 

Eh went tae the stobbie skale 67/70 ind it’s definitely spelt wee Twa Bs 
Stobbie skales an ahfae skale it’s stuck wee sticky plaster 

the only thing that worries me is baldy haided mestir 

1 hour ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Eh went tae the stobbie skale 67/70 ind it’s definitely spelt wee Twa Bs 
Stobbie skales an ahfae skale it’s stuck wee sticky plaster 

the only thing that worries me is baldy haided mestir 

Did he go to the pub on a Saturday and go to church on Sunday?

19 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Guess just me that still wants him gone. Massive Derby game. Need points on the board. Livingston were there for the taking and he made a c**t of it. Substitutions he dosnt seem to be learning from. Defence still needs sorted. However luckily plenty teams around us doing equally as bad. 

I agree with every word of this. He's done well with Anderson and good results for 5 months at the turn of this year but I've not been convinced overall. Defence aside, we still need pace in midfield and up front. Glaringly obvious how much we lack pace when McMullan isn't in the team 

1 hour ago, Toby Marsh said:

Legzdins
Kerr Ashcroft Sweeney Marshall
McMullan Byrne McGhee McCowan
Griffiths Cummings

This has to be the team for Sunday. f**k the 433 and get back to a basic 442 with two actual wingers and two strikers through the middle. People may argue that it’s harsh on Anderson to be dropped from this XI but I think Byrne and McGhee are more experienced for this type of occasion. Also you could perhaps swap out Sweeney for Fontaine for more experience for a derby fixture also.

The above XI depends on availability also.

I would swap Anderson with McGowan. Harsh on Anderson, yes, but I think McGowan is more creative than Anderson and without Charlie we'll need that. 

On 13/09/2021 at 10:55, LM_0803 said:

I agree with every word of this. He's done well with Anderson and good results for 5 months at the turn of this year but I've not been convinced overall. Defence aside, we still need pace in midfield and up front. Glaringly obvious how much we lack pace when McMullan isn't in the team 

I see where you are coming from re McMullan but not sure about a lack of pace being glaringly obvious.  Granted we miss McMullan's pace but Jakubiak, McGhee, Anderson and McCowan aren't exactly slow coaches, neither is Cammy.  McGhee was picked to mark Boyle in the Hibs game because he is pretty quick, albeit not as fast as Boyle.  McMullan's pace is exceptional and there aren't many footballers around with his kind of speed from a standing start.  There were plenty of examples of our midfield tracking back to provide cover when Livi were on the break and catching up with their opposite numbers.  I'm not convinced they would be able to do that if they lacked pace.

Guest Wieghortsnut
22 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

we have 2 cracking goalscorers get them on the park get 2 boys to supply them and lets fucking hump these c***s.

We need to win the midfield battle first, we won't do that with Byrne and Mcghee on their own, I'd start McGowan in there, Mcmullan and McCowan/the jak out wide with griffiths on his own

Just noticed there's a slim chance Sir Charles might make it, game changer

Edited by Wieghortsnut

7 hours ago, mev said:

I see where you are coming from re McMullan but not sure about a lack of pace being glaringly obvious.  Granted we miss McMullan's pace but Jakubiak, McGhee, Anderson and McCowan aren't exactly slow coaches, neither is Cammy.  McGhee was picked to mark Boyle in the Hibs game because he is pretty quick, albeit not as fast as Boyle.  McMullan's pace is exceptional and there aren't many footballers around with his kind of speed from a standing start.  There were plenty of examples of our midfield tracking back to provide cover when Livi were on the break and catching up with their opposite numbers.  I'm not convinced they would be able to do that if they lacked pace.

The lack of pace was more to do with the fact that when McMullan is out we don't tend to play as quickly, and the passing and movement is more slow. Wasn't impressed with Jakubiak in the first half on Saturday (or second for that matter) but first half he was jogging back inside the first half hour when marshall was getting attacked down our left hand side. McMullan and Charlie back would be a big bonus but even if Adam is fit I would still go with McGhee Byrne and McGowan. Again, harsh on Anderson but even though he has more energy than McGowan i think McGowan is more creative and would be better starting. 

7 hours ago, LM_0803 said:

The lack of pace was more to do with the fact that when McMullan is out we don't tend to play as quickly, and the passing and movement is more slow. Wasn't impressed with Jakubiak in the first half on Saturday (or second for that matter) but first half he was jogging back inside the first half hour when marshall was getting attacked down our left hand side. McMullan and Charlie back would be a big bonus but even if Adam is fit I would still go with McGhee Byrne and McGowan. Again, harsh on Anderson but even though he has more energy than McGowan i think McGowan is more creative and would be better starting. 

I would agree with that, just a different interpretation of wording.  I would describe what you are saying as an increased tempo rather than pace.  The slow tempo during the first half of last season contributed to so many of our poor results during that period.  After the Ayr home defeat the tempo changed dramatically and results improved.