All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Does the club shop own a phone, or is there only like 1 staff member on at a time?

They hardly take any notice of you when you're in the shop, why would they answer a ringing telephone to you? 

Full of their own self importance. The lassie that deals with the strips is etc is pleasant enough. 

3 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Guys a player. Celtic are fucking morons for not giving him a chance

It's hilarious the vitriol that some Celtic fans still spew whenever his name comes up. Seen one claim that Hendry is the single worst player to ever put on a Celtic shirt. 

What none of them seem to realise is that when Rodgers threw him in at the deep end in CL fixtures he'd only played about as much 1st team football as your typical 18 year old. It's no bloody wonder he struggled. It's always been blindingly obvious there was a good player in there if he was given time and treated properly, two things that absolutely did not happen in Glasgow.

9 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

It's hilarious the vitriol that some Celtic fans still spew whenever his name comes up. Seen one claim that Hendry is the single worst player to ever put on a Celtic shirt. 

What none of them seem to realise is that when Rodgers threw him in at the deep end in CL fixtures he'd only played about as much 1st team football as your typical 18 year old. It's no bloody wonder he struggled. It's always been blindingly obvious there was a good player in there if he was given time and treated properly, two things that absolutely did not happen in Glasgow.

I have to agree with that.  There aren't many Scottish centre halves with his technical ability.  He's a top player, no doubt about it.

12 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Yeah he’d played about 40 1st team games and Rodgers throws him into a champions league match at right back, good luck with that aye 🤦🏻‍♂️ Rodgers and the abuse he took off of the Celtic fans near ruined the boy. 

Great to see him doing so well last night. Another couple of good performances against Man City and PSG and he’ll probably be on the move again next summer. 

13 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I think if he'd been signed by Celtic now instead of midway through their quadruple treble, think he would have had a much, much better Celtic career. Thankfully his talents are being utilised now anyway regardless.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Just read the article about Big Kev on the bbc sport app. I really hope our club does the right thing by Kev, at the very least offer him training facilities to see how he gets on and to also offer him a way of staying in the game if it doesn’t work out for him. It should never be forgotten what he did for our club in its darkest moments and it’s our turn to repay him. Hopefully someone at the club has told Nelms and Keyes about Kev’s history with us. 

Also it’s the way I’d like/want our club to be, looking after our own. Come on Mr Nelms do the right thing. 

Sorry to call you out [mention=17349]Fifespud[/mention], but were you not advocating Peter Grant to replace McPake last season? He's having a horror show at Dunfermline ooft.

You’re right Ludo it was me. Surprised he’s doing so badly atm. Thank your lucky stars I don’t pick the managers. f**k sake!

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

McPake screwed himself a bit trying to own a journalist.

He was asked, 'With a few days to go before you pick...' he jumps in with, 'I've picked it.'

Journalist then says, 'So is Adam in the team?' McPake replies, 'I'm no gonna tell you that.' Journalist then asks, 'Well, what are the chances of him being fit for the weekend?' McPake's forehead wrinkles as he thinks for 10 seconds or so and says, 'There's a good chance.' It then cuts to an edit.

Adam confirmed.

Finally been able to watch the press conference, what a laugh that moment was. The way his forehead quivers before and after he says 'a good chance' followed by the cut a couple of seconds later is peak comedy. His whole body radiated "I've fucked it there".