All things Dundee FC

10 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Behave yourself, Goodwin to Dundee 🤣

Bigger club, bigger budget, better money.

Easy to see why.

It won't be though as our statement says we're looking for experience in these types of situation.

It'll be Adams, Lennon, Wright or Ross.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

The way they have done it effectively means any new manager has to make do with what they’ve got with a promise of funds for the new season.  

Unfortunately we've just tied up current players with extended contracts, is it only Elliot, McDaid and Mullen not signed up for next season? 

I can only see the logic in Jack Ross.

We've punted McPake at a weird time, especially after 2 wins and we all know how much faith Nelms had in Ross. Aberdeen have been sniffing around Ross and with Goodwin the favourite, St Mirren would've wanted him back instantly so my thought is Nelms felt a decision had to be made.

The statement has said we're looking for someone with experience.

That means it has to be Jack Ross, Neil Lennon, Tommy Wright or Derek Adams for me (some of those are dreadful shouts IMO).

The only one that would cause Nelms to act with such urgency right now and pull the trigger on McPake is Jack Ross because he's the possibly wanted man.

Add in the fact that Nelms has made him a massive target before and it all adds up.

Everyone knows my thoughts on McPake but only Dundee could have me sitting scratching my head because of the timing of it all rather than being overjoyed

I actually feel quite sorry he was led on to this point if there was thoughts he was going to be sacked from higher up. Why give him January window and the few games after before deciding that's enough?

It was obviously decided after County he was a goner and the Hearts result wasn't expected.

Don't get me wrong it's absolutely the right decision to take this club forward though.

Onwards and upwards hopefully. This is the first step we needed. The only question is whether it's too late.

Thank you.

Timing is odd to say the least. Just waiting for an imminent club statement with another ridiculous appointment announcement that leaves us all scratching our heads. I take it this was all foreseen in the 5-year plan that was announced when he who shall not be named was appointed??