All things Dundee FC

17 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

He’s becoming very slow to react to things. 

He's simply a very average keeper. Cost us so many goals last season, although he does seem to help with his communication at times.

At the momemt, we're almost up with these types of players being permanent fixtures in the side. Look at Sweeney today and you remember why last season was so excruciating. Marshall today was invisible and the emerging Cameron wasn't upto much (which is to be expected at this stage of his career).

Three match days to go and if we can hold on we can start to move the club forward. We've needed help from other teams all season because make no mistakes by no means are we way ahead of a full strength Partick or ICT. Our next favour is needed from Ayr on Friday as we're unlikely to go away and beat ICT. If you look at recent away matches where proper champions would lay down a marker we've been weak as pishwater at Partick and Arbroath.

It's been a fucked up season, we just need to make sure we are top come the end. That's all that matters right now. 

Thank you.

For what it's worth here's my predictions for the remaining three:

Ayr v Queens Draw

ICT v Dundee Draw

Dundee v Cove home win

Morten v Queens Draw 

Meaning the games gubbed for the Queens come the final match with the goal difference too high.

Thank you.

21 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Get a decent ref for Inverness, and we can win, hopefully Collum (f**k me did I just say that) but he's the best out of a sad sorry bunch. IMO.

The referees are depressingly bad. We beat Inverness 2 1 at home but only received a point when Cameron was miles onside the other month. That would've had us 3 ahead at the minute. If it was Coyle he'd be moaning about it for months. By the way if we win it on the last day can you imagine Coyle?

As for next week Inverness have all their players back and I wouldn't say I expect us to get a win. They were top and winning every week before their injury crisis and have still came back to within a few wins of us. A win would be amazing but I highly doubt it will happen, we need the Queens to be dropping points.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

32 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Thought McGuire was excellent today, fair play to the big man!

Really I thought he did very little wrong but always nothing good either , we created much more when he went off , I’m not a fan 

3 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Really I thought he did very little wrong but always nothing good either , we created much more when he went off , I’m not a fan 

Stating the obvious but he offered a lot of physicality which was needed and he drove forward a lot. Best I’ve seen him since he’s been with us but if McGhee is fit next week, he needs to come back in. 

1 hour ago, Liam899 said:

I thought Maguire should have been kept on to be honest with Cameron coming off. I love him but he has the tendency to drift in and out of physical games. 

I get what people are saying about us constantly missing chances but I really don't think we were bad today. I thought we found ourselves down 3-1 pretty much out of nowhere. We really did get caught up in a streetwise performance from Morton.

All in all it was definitely a point gained considering the position we were in after 65+ minutes and if you can't win a game be sure as hell to at least gain a point from it. It may be vital come the end. 

Typical that we face the form team in the league next weekend. The good thing is QP play before us so we have our benchmark for the game on Saturday and their two fixtures before they play us are against teams that are fighting for play-offs.

24 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I thought Maguire should have been kept on to be honest with Cameron coming off. I love him but he has the tendency to drift in and out of physical games. 

I get what people are saying about us constantly missing chances but I really don't think we were bad today. I thought we found ourselves down 3-1 pretty much out of nowhere. We really did get caught up in a streetwise performance from Morton.

All in all it was definitely a point gained considering the position we were in after 65+ minutes and if you can't win a game be sure as hell to at least gain a point from it. It may be vital come the end. 

Typical that we face the form team in the league next weekend. The good thing is QP play before us so we have our benchmark for the game on Saturday and their two fixtures before they play us are against teams that are fighting for play-offs.

Why have all queen's park games of late been on Friday anyway? 

3 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Why have all queen's park games of late been on Friday anyway? 

Short answer, because they're diddies.

Long answer, they play third fiddle to a 4th-tier Stenhousemuir and a now expunged 8th-tier (9th tier now?) Syngenta who alternated Saturdays, and any week QP played at home the same week as one of those two they had to play on Friday night instead.

Fair play to Dees today on pulling back a 2-goal deficit. Many other teams would have dropped their heads and capitulated. Gutted that we didn't hold out and pull off the win, but your fighting spirit and never-say-die attitude was impressive right down to the wire. I can only echo the comments above about certain types of fans leaving early when a game's not going well. I thought only OF  'supporters'  pulled shite like that. I'm still pretty confident you'll win the title, but the final sprint to the line will be arse-puckering for sure.

Edited by Chippyminton

14 hours ago, Girth said:

Any news on our dear Lord Chapman?

Looks like back to americas 2nd division wilderness , think reedy has had more game time in the 6 minute cameos than the other 2 combined 

On 14/04/2023 at 23:53, D TOTAL said:

In other news just noticed or Jamaican friend Nicolas Hamilton got a move to the Finnish league, kudos and good luck to him I suppose

Aye, been a wild time for Hamilton. Became a bit of a known name throughout Jamaica for scoring two big goals in the league playoff final last season. Also won the People's Choice award at the Jamaican Sports Personality of the Year awards which was up to a public vote (and I might have voted once or twice for our favourite player).

IT'S A WONDERFUL FEELING!' - PressReader

14 hours ago, Girth said:

Any news on our dear Lord Chapman?

Signed for USL Championship side Colorado Springs Switchbacks, made his debut in the 68th minute in the league opener exactly a month ago, went off injured 20 minutes later, and hasn't been seen since. Sounds about right if you ask me.

Scenes at the equaliser btw, I was squatted, peeking through my fingers at that last corner; moment the goal goes in after the scramble there was pandemonium. Ended up hugging some bloke who was running along the path in front of the seats, never saw him again. If you post on here, Derry rule, you beautiful b*****d.

What did boil my piss during the game though is there’s no offering from the midfield when we start out from our full backs; it leads to aimless punts or running down the wings which just end up going out of for a throw (which most of the time went to Morton, unfathomably). Is this a Bowyer thing? Or are we not comfortable playing inside and trying to go at them centrally? Doing so provides opportunities out wide further up the pitch as opposed to running the length of the pitch. 

13 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Ended up a very good point. Legzdins dodgy today and never made a save.

Onto Inverness and that wee b*****d Doddsy. 

He’s fucking useless, not worthy of the title ‘keeper’, keeps feck all out. Glued to his line, lacking courage. 
He’s got to go at the end of the season. 
We got dragged into the sort of game Imrie wanted, stick to passing the ball and we’ll win most games. I find myself kind of admiring his level of shitehousery.
Well done to the team for keeping going and getting what could be a vital point though. 

20 hours ago, Liam899 said:

I noticed he's not been in the squad lately. I take it he's been injured?

The comments I've seen on your other forum seem to have been a bit lukewarm about the bold Baz.

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I noticed he's not been in the squad lately. I take it he's been injured?

The comments I've seen on your other forum seem to have been a bit lukewarm about the bold Baz.

He started a bunch of games in a row when he arrived to mixed results, took an injury and was out for a month, came back and Jordan McGhee was having success in CM so he didn't come on until Raith when McGhee came off injured, before starting yesterday.

I think most Dundee fans would agree he's been a perfectly fine defensive CM for this level and provides a needed bit of strength and tackling in the middle, and has more of an attacking mindset than Shaun Byrne. However, Jordan McGhee has been able to play that role better of late and is much more effective going forward, so Maguire is limited by that and because we've switched to a midfield two since we started playing two up front, and that's had a good deal of success.