All things Dundee FC

Simple as this for me; win today and the league is sewn up.

We've been given the chance to make this easier for ourselves time and time again and haven't taken it. Sure many others including myself are aware that's due to having a very average squad and being gifted this position rather than really deserving it.

This is another chance for the players to go out and make a statement. What will they conjure up? I'm looking at the likes of Legzdins, Sweeney, Marshall, McMullen and McCowan today to earn their fucking crust at Dundee FC.

Thank you.

31 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

A really hope that Bowyer doesn’t muck about with the team again today - stick with the 2 up top and try to win this game.

Well that should be a given, draw keeps it in QP's hands (and ours), a win and realistically the league is ours. I'd probably go with same team as last week but quite a few were off it then so use of subs a lot quicker if some aren't up to scratch will be biggest thing. That and not having a sh*ty ref

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Simple as this for me; win today and the league is sewn up.

We've been given the chance to make this easier for ourselves time and time again and haven't taken it. Sure many others including myself are aware that's due to having a very average squad and being gifted this position rather than really deserving it.

This is another chance for the players to go out and make a statement. What will they conjure up? I'm looking at the likes of Legzdins, Sweeney, Marshall, McMullen and McCowan today to earn their fucking crust at Dundee FC.

Thank you.

I'm not sure I agree with that - we are where we are because of our own efforts.  Sure, you can argue that others have helped by fucking up but that's the case with every league competition in the world.  

16 hours ago, MarbellaDEE said:

I know this was discussed at length earlier on but these seasons where we are fighting for the league in the championship and not getting pumped every week in the premiership are more enjoyable for me.

Disagree for me. When we’re down here, no result is ever good enough for a lot of our fans. There’s a belief that this is all beneath us and 3-0 wins are seen as the bare minimum and nothing to get excited about. 
Would you rather we were beating Hamilton 7-0 down here or coming back from 2-0 down to draw at Easter Road, for example?

Maybe that seems tinpot, but I know which one I enjoyed more!

All this aside, big game today and very much looking forward to it. Despite Bowyer breaking our Highland hoodoo I still have the fear a bit. Should be a good game. 

Mon the fuckin Dee x

29 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Disagree for me. When we’re down here, no result is ever good enough for a lot of our fans. There’s a belief that this is all beneath us and 3-0 wins are seen as the bare minimum and nothing to get excited about. 
Would you rather we were beating Hamilton 7-0 down here or coming back from 2-0 down to draw at Easter Road, for example?

Maybe that seems tinpot, but I know which one I enjoyed more!

All this aside, big game today and very much looking forward to it. Despite Bowyer breaking our Highland hoodoo I still have the fear a bit. Should be a good game. 

Mon the fuckin Dee x

Good points well made. Lot of Dundee lads on the train from Aberdeen which is great to see. 

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

What’s the thoughts on the American seems to have slipped under the radar that he’s actually getting game time?

He’ll score the goal that will take us up. 

i despair at times...on the facebook slavvering groups boys are wanting Byrne played next friday(a defensive midfielder)at home to a pish cove side🤣 now we have boys wanting bowyer punted even when(not if) we win the league..some of our fans want to stay aff the sauce and the internet on a sat night.

2 up top hasn’t really worked the last few away games. I was actually half way through saying we looked very much like a team that hadn’t scored in 2 away games when we scored yesterday. Don’t know how you make 2 up top seem isolated but we managed it.
What are peoples thoughts on our shape/approach for the last day v Queen’s Park?