All things Dundee FC

He’s not world class , but since Bomber Broon gave him his debut Hartley has backed him , McCann has backed him McIntyre our worst manger ever wanted rid , McPake played him , McGhee played him, Bowyer played him but you guys no better , also almost every punter during our live games praise him non stop , but again you experts no better than everyone , he’s well worth his contract 

I am sure he is a great lad to have around the dressing room and he maybe deserves a contract based on everything he has given the club over the years. But unfortunately he is way below the standard required to keep us up next season. I am hoping he will just be used as a back up.

Edited by Chewing Taffies

Surely we can't be too far away from our retained list released now? Probably a few of them still on holiday I guess but I'd imagine a list has probably been discussed already with the new manager and he won't need too long to decide who needs kept given his knowledge of the leagues.

2 hours ago, AlanPartridge said:

All this pish about him bleeding dark blue, I bleed dark blue myself but wouldnt get a game for Dundee cos i’m pish at football.

With all due respect my Dee brother, there is a difference between a punter who bleeds dark blue and a professional footballer who loves his club and gives it all, that is backed up by all the managers who played at a decent to high level that came through the door. I get it, I've said before, we need to improve on him and that has been obvious for seasons. It all depends on the terms of this extension for me - if he is here to provide back-up in a time of need then fair enough. If it is for a place in the 11 consistently then we are lacking ambition and falling into the same mistakes.

16 minutes ago, Girth said:

Saw a rumour on Twitter Mulgrew to Dens…

Scared Horror GIF

I've not bought a season ticket since COVID and before the whole manager fiasco I was really looking forward to it.

We've got Tony in and I'm not happy but I'm not pissed either. I'm waiting to see what signings are in and make a decision on that.

Signing Lyall up again was great business by the club. Cammy I'm a bit deflated. That however would be atrocious.

Edited by Crawford
Awful gRaMuR

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

With all due respect my Dee brother, there is a difference between a punter who bleeds dark blue and a professional footballer who loves his club and gives it all, that is backed up by all the managers who played at a decent to high level that came through the door. I get it, I've said before, we need to improve on him and that has been obvious for seasons. It all depends on the terms of this extension for me - if he is here to provide back-up in a time of need then fair enough. If it is for a place in the 11 consistently then we are lacking ambition and falling into the same mistakes.

I’ve given up taking part in this discussion. It is what it is. I’m willing to forecast though that some people will be saying the cunto French is not nearly good enough for us before the end of this coming season. It’s the Dundee way, particularly with full backs. 

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Saw a rumour on Twitter Mulgrew to Dens…

Scared Horror GIF

2 years ago he was fantastic, last year he was ready for the glue factory. 
It’s a thanks, but f**k right off from me. 
* I reserve the right to edit this post if he signs and has a decent season. 

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

"He works hard and gives 100% to Dundee".

Well, no. My gran worked hard and actually had to give money to Dundee for season tickets and presents etc. He gets paid handsomely for being abject, at best.

"He bleeds dark blue."

Birthday caird pish. 

"He's great in the community"

Good for him, put him in the alligator suit or give him a community based role. Sick and fucking tired of this c**t getting deals because "he's not the biggest problem" year after year, time after time. If he's not the biggest problem and yet still can't get a fucking game then empty him.

Thank you.

Complete joke from the club year in year out. No fan going on about his commitment or standards is going to cover the fact he's shite at football and nowhere near the standard we need to progress. There's about 5 players from last years championship who are better right backs than Cammy Kerr.

Wait until we're in the relegation spots come February and let the same people complain about the squad (of course Cammy will not be the problem for another episode of failure as always).

Liam Smith who just got binned from Utd is better than Kerr and can't even get a game for the DABs in the championship. The mindset of the fans at this club on Kerr is a disgrace.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

10 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Complete joke from the club year in year out. No fan going on about his commitment or standards is going to cover the fact he's shite at football and nowhere near the standard we need to progress. There's about 5 players from last years championship who are better right backs than Cammy Kerr.

Wait until we're in the relegation spots come February and let the same people complain about the squad (of course Cammy will not be the problem for another episode of failure as always).

Liam Smith who just got binned from Utd is better than Kerr and can't even get a game for the DABs in the championship. The mindset of the fans at this club on Kerr is a disgrace.

Thank you.

I'm worried about this retained list more than anything as if there are a large amount of players signed back on I think that tells you everything you need to know about the clubs willingness to spend.

Legzdins the next to sign a 2 year deal.

As far as back ups go, we won't get many better. Happy with that one. Hope we get a new first choice personally but don't think even as a starter that Legzdins could be considered the absolute worst in the league.

It seems totally obvious to me that a sub-optimal right back doesn’t get you relegated but a clown shoes keeper does. His kicking is deplorable, he NEVER comes for crosses and his reactions are so slow he often doesn’t move before the balls in the net. WT actual f**k?

A keeper more than any other position is one worth splaffing a fortune on. 

Paul McMullan announced to be leaving by Scott Burns.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-30100512

Despite the frustrations of late, he's been an excellent signing and a massive player for us these last few years, and I have no problem saying I'll be sad to see him go. Wish him all the best going forward (as long as it doesn't involve a return to United).

That being said, FFS Dundee release the retained & released list like everyone else is doing, we shouldn't need Scott Burns to tell us who is definitely leaving!