All things Dundee FC

Again, another re-signing announcement for someone that should really be a back-up at best if we want to try and stay up next season.

Hoping for a bit better news when the first of the brand-new signing announcements arrive...

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Paul McMullan announced to be leaving by Scott Burns.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-30100512

Despite the frustrations of late, he's been an excellent signing and a massive player for us these last few years, and I have no problem saying I'll be sad to see him go. Wish him all the best going forward (as long as it doesn't involve a return to United).

That being said, FFS Dundee release the retained & released list like everyone else is doing, we shouldn't need Scott Burns to tell us who is definitely leaving!

Good top end Championship player imo. Wouldn't have minded keeping him, but those day-glo boots made him very difficult to like.

42 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Legzdins the next to sign a 2 year deal.

As far as back ups go, we won't get many better. Happy with that one. Hope we get a new first choice personally but don't think even as a starter that Legzdins could be considered the absolute worst in the league.

Whos worse?

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Good top end Championship player imo. Wouldn't have minded keeping him, but those day-glo boots made him very difficult to like.

Think his level is top end championship like you say. Went up to Premiership and looked out of place. Great player for us on his day though and his stats speak for themselves. Can see him signing back with Mcpake at Dunfermline tbh.

If Legzdins has been signed as an experienced backup then I'm just about ok with that although I don't think he's much better than the current 3rd choice. If he's been signed to be No.1 then we're in trouble big time. Cost us a load of points last time we were in the Premiership and certainly hasn't improved since then.

I'm prepared to give the Doc a chance and my full support but the first 2 to be signed on again since his arrival gives me much cause for concern.

Legzdins, Kerr,  Ashcroft, Sweeney, Marshall and McGhee were all hopeless last time we were in the top league and have all at some stage looked like bombscares this season.

I was hoping for a clean sweep and a totally new defence. 

Unless we have new players coming in that are an improvement on the above this is definitely going to be a quick return to the Championship.

19 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Paul McMullan announced to be leaving by Scott Burns.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-30100512

Despite the frustrations of late, he's been an excellent signing and a massive player for us these last few years, and I have no problem saying I'll be sad to see him go. Wish him all the best going forward (as long as it doesn't involve a return to United).

That being said, FFS Dundee release the retained & released list like everyone else is doing, we shouldn't need Scott Burns to tell us who is definitely leaving!

Agree we should be making these announcements in a professional manner. 
Fucking loved this wee guy, would have been happy enough if he’d got another year but probably best all round he moves on. 
Good luck in the future Paul. 

9 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Legzdins, Kerr,  Ashcroft, Sweeney, Marshall and McGhee were all hopeless last time we were in the top league and have all at some stage looked like bombscares this season.

Unless we have new players coming in that are an improvement on the above this is definitely going to be a quick return to the Championship.

This.

I'll admit my wanting McGhee to sign a new deal is largely my own personal preference as I really like him as a player, and I feel he was one of our best players in that admittedly rubbish season.

Regardless, I've got this weird feeling McGhee will pop up wherever Bowyer gets his next job, cos I reckon he really liked McGhee.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Whos worse?

Laidlaw is fucking chronic.

Pick any of the United keepers.

You'll no doubt defend Remi Matthews to the hilt but he's nothing special - I won't quibble with your no doubt ready impassioned defence there though. Same applies to Shamal George and Sam Walker (although the last one I've seen very few times so would concede him if it came to the crunch).

As for back ups? Legzdins is comfortably better than absolute shite like Ross Sinclair, Ross Stewart, Elliot Parish, Jack Newman, Jack Hamilton, Ivan Konovalov to name but a few.

There's also teams that are running with untested youth keepers that I'd have Legzdins well ahead of such as Urminsky and Murray Johnson.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Laidlaw is fucking chronic.

Pick any of the United keepers.

You'll no doubt defend Remi Matthews to the hilt but he's nothing special - I won't quibble with your no doubt ready impassioned defence there though. Same applies to Shamal George and Sam Walker (although the last one I've seen very few times so would concede him if it came to the crunch).

As for back ups? Legzdins is comfortably better than absolute shite like Ross Sinclair, Ross Stewart, Elliot Parish, Jack Newman, Jack Hamilton, Ivan Konovalov to name but a few.

There's also teams that are running with untested youth keepers that I'd have Legzdins well ahead of such as Urminsky and Murray Johnson.

Laidlaw, the United keepers, and Matthews, likely wont be in the top flight next season.

Walker is fair enough but George shouldnt be near the discussion.

Ive no idea where Sinclair sits yet, so im surprised hes already written off.

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

I've been waiting on this clear out since the McPake era. Got myself positive for this summers window only to be horrified in a 24 hour period at the realisation it's all going to be the same shit.

Legzdins was pathetic last time in the Prem and cost us so many points. He's only got older and slower. As a no.3 the re-signing is okay along with helping the youths.

No matter what now we're a couple of injuries away from having Kerr and Legzdins in our starting eleven throughout the season.

Utter pish Dundee. My optimism is shattered and we need to nip these renewals in the bud. The only other ones that are acceptable in some way will be Jakubiak, Ashcroft, Mulligan and McCowan. Sweeney not worth blowing a fuse over but anyone else and we're on the road to relegation already.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Have you guys done an end of season staying/going yet or is this it all starting to come out individually?

The latter. Considering we haven't had a manager until Monday, I can understand it, but it's quite frustrating to not have it out yet. They can easily just say some players are still in negotiations and confirm who is definitely gone.