All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Shaughnessy. Decent singing, better than what we already have, I think.

Happy with that, steady player with a lot of top flight games under his belt.

More of the same please. 

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Would've liked to have kept him, potential there. IMO.

Me too. The re-signings haven’t really inspired us all but being realistic we kinda had to sign up about 40-50% of them I’d say, for continuity. 
Big Joe does seem to be a coup and I fully expect he’ll do his ACL in a league cup section game against Brechin and he’ll be out for the season. It’s the Dundee way. 

5 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Joe Shaughnessy is a decent signing - better than what we have.

We offered a 1 year deal, he wanted 2 years which presumably you offered. Quite a lot of our fans thought he was better than the players keeping him out of the team so with one exception you've got a player who everyone agrees is still top flight class. 

20 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Totally agree Spud and I have a strange feeling 'The Doc' will know how to actually use him position-wise, to suit his best game strengths.

Regards 

From what I've heard, Docherty/Strachan want to build a team around Cameron and Mulligan.

Buzzing about Mulligan. Although Cameron clearly had a better season last season I still think Mulligan will end up the better player for us and potentially has a higher ceiling. Get McCowan signed on and id he delighted with our re-signings, hopefully see some more brand new signings also this weekend.

Edited by Lalo

28 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Chuffed Mulligan has put pen to paper. 

Three good. Three bad. 50% hit rate.

Think that’s a wee bit harsh. I actually think Ashcroft is a pretty decent, no nonsense centre half, Cammy a versatile, pacy, if somewhat limited full back and Legzdins, well, he’s nominally a goal keeper. All 3 are very professional in their habits and we had to re-sign some of the previous squad. If you think about logically, players being released by the team that just won the championship would appeal to lower half premier teams. No?

8 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

players being released by the team that just won the championship would appeal to lower half premier teams. No?

Which Premiership sides do you imagine would knock on Lee Ashcroft or Cammy Kerr's door?

8 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Which Premiership sides do you imagine would knock on Lee Ashcroft or Cammy Kerr's door?

The likes of Killie, Sainties and either of Patrick or Dross Cunty. Certainly more efficient than those no marks the DABs had last year.