All things Dundee FC

Ecstatic with Robertson getting a new deal. Boy is technically superb but physically he lacks. Sink or swim now though, I'd be looking at Airdrie/Morton to loan him out to.

I believe he'd handle the Premiership right now but there's no guidance there as of yet.

12 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Ecstatic with Robertson getting a new deal. Boy is technically superb but physically he lacks. Sink or swim now though, I'd be looking at Airdrie/Morton to loan him out to.

I believe he'd handle the Premiership right now but there's no guidance there as of yet.

It won’t be universal but like you I’m pleased Finn us staying on. His biggest failing seems to be lack of confidence to stamp his authority on the game. He’ll be relatively cheap I’d imagine and maybe with the Doc he’ll flourish. It can’t have been easy for the youngsters in particular, 4 maybe 5 managers since they first appeared in the squad, the pressures of relegations or ‘must win promotions’ meaning old heads getting favoured over young. 
It’s a clean slate, here’s your (last) chance son, grab it. 

I like Robertson, at 20 he is still plenty young and he is technically good. I do think this is a bit of a win or bust season for him at Dundee though. 

We are surely going to bring in some more midfielders so I'm struggling to see how he fits in a Premiership side considering Bowyer didn't want to utilise him in the Championship. 

If the intention isn't to use him any more than back-up I'd like to see him to go an Arbroath or Dunfermline to improve him physically. 

15 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I like Robertson, at 20 he is still plenty young and he is technically good. I do think this is a bit of a win or bust season for him at Dundee though. 

We are surely going to bring in some more midfielders so I'm struggling to see how he fits in a Premiership side considering Bowyer didn't want to utilise him in the Championship. 

If the intention isn't to use him any more than back-up I'd like to see him to go an Arbroath or Dunfermline to improve him physically. 

I don’t think it’s his physicality as much as it is his confidence as I said earlier. He needs to play in the league cup group games and stake his claim, take no shit, and own the midfield - otherwise it’s 6 months at Dunfermline.  It’s the same old issue there though, they need to get up and are more likely to play a more experienced player in that position. 

13 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I don’t think it’s his physicality as much as it is his confidence as I said earlier. He needs to play in the league cup group games and stake his claim, take no shit, and own the midfield - otherwise it’s 6 months at Dunfermline.  It’s the same old issue there though, they need to get up and are more likely to play a more experienced player in that position. 

Sure I read that Finn and McPake had a bit of a toxic relationship allegedly so not sure a move to EEP will be on the cards

25 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Sure I read that Finn and McPake had a bit of a toxic relationship allegedly so not sure a move to EEP will be on the cards

We've always got other diddy teams we can loan players to; The Fermers were happy to get one of our cast-offs last season, for example...

Seriously, though, I would be wanting Finn to make his big breakthrough this season. Am also hoping for Fisher & Max to re-sign as well, as that would be 5 academy players signed up with first team experience to give us a strong platform to build upon.

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

Good for depth, another sink or swim season for him although he has shown more promise than Fin in regards to impacting a game.

Totally agree with that. These are pretty young lads when alls said and done. Clearly not the same but Chelsea punted KDB when he was 23 after 3 appearances and Salah at the same age after 13 appearances. 2 world class players who clearly weren’t showing up that well at 2-3 years older than our guys. 

10 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Are you guys going to continue embarrassing yourselves in the top flight by singing that hello hello song like the Killie fans do? 

Yes. Are you going to continue embarrassing yourself?