All things Dundee FC

19 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Really impressed with a couple of your players this afternoon! All the best for the season ahead 👍

Who exactly?

After relegating the Hamilton you deserve a good season for aiding Scottish Football.

Far too early for me to get bothered about this result. At this stage of the year ahead it can be a benefit for our new manager to see some of the dross he's dealing with at his disposal. Your Kerrs and your Robertsons.

We build towards the league and there are people like McGhee(not upto fitness yet), French, Beck and Robinson who all missed today.  Four starters in our strongest team and who knows if Portales is another. Should win the next two and still qualify through the group - hope so anyway.

Biggest surprise was Byrne not getting any minutes once again. Is his time up? I would've been starting him today even as a doubter of his use.

One moan I'll have is Cameron on penalties. That's three woeful attempts in a row. Take the hint Lyall. Pineda as the striker shouldve been given the chance to get straight in about the goals - imagine the confidence boost?

We move.

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Who exactly?

I liked Cameron. Thought his penalty was superb.

In all honesty though your centre halves were very solid and the right winger was causing us bother. 

Tiffoney is either the best player on the park or bang average but thankfully he was the latter today 

Edited by Diamond1924

Poor result today, very early days of the season under new management, however with all due respect and be under no illusions, we must do better.

On a more positive note former Dee Craig Forsyth marked 10 years at Derby County with a testimonial today against Mrs TCM's Stoke City at Pride Park.

3 - 0 final score. 

INSERT-StokeFozzy1.thumb.jpg.31f994fd8b98d9fb9525c3872c809f11.jpg

43 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Poor result today, very early days of the season under new management, however with all due respect and be under no illusions, we must do better.

On a more positive note former Dee Craig Forsyth marked 10 years at Derby County with a testimonial today against Mrs TCM's Stoke City at Pride Park.

3 - 0 final score. 

INSERT-StokeFozzy1.thumb.jpg.31f994fd8b98d9fb9525c3872c809f11.jpg

Much kudos to Craig. He’s had a great career, hopefully he’s nicely set up for the rest of his life. It would be great if we could get him to speak to our young lads to explain the application, the professionalism and the sacrifices required to make a good living out of football. 

Not too worried about today because it once again highlighted the obvious, the need for more strikers. I’d offload 1 of the current crop and bring in 3. 

Get that area of the pitch sorted and we win that game today easy. Infact swap Rudden for Jakubiak and we’d have won. 

Think our keeper’s had 2 saves to make today including the penalty and had very little else today. 

Get Lyall further forward so he can make his late runs into the box. He’s a brilliant striker of the ball, can’t understand why he doesn’t ping them in the top left as he’s looking at the goal. 

Hopefully we get 9 points and get through. Struggle to see that being enough for a seeding spot though. 

6 minutes ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

Any news on Robinson's injury? We can't go in to the league campaign with just Rudden and Pineda upfront. Hopefully doc will bring in a striker before the Motherwell match because we badly need one.. still think we need 3/4 signings to be able to compete this year.

Doc said Beck and Robinson should hopefully be back for Wednesday. The fact we've given Pineda #11 instead of the #9 pretty much shows we're not done signing up front, and Doc's already stated we're still busy in the transfer market.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Doc said Beck and Robinson should hopefully be back for Wednesday. The fact we've given Pineda #11 instead of the #9 pretty much shows we're not done signing up front, and Doc's already stated we're still busy in the transfer market.

Thanks mate. Glad to hear it's not a serious injury for Robinson.

33 minutes ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

Any news on Robinson's injury? We can't go in to the league campaign with just Rudden and Pineda upfront. Hopefully doc will bring in a striker before the Motherwell match because we badly need one.. still think we need 3/4 signings to be able to compete this year.

I think we definitely need another forward option to play alongside Robinson, that might be Pineda but it's too early to tell yet. I'm as concerned, if not more so about our centre midfield. I just don't think it's viable to play Cameron in a 2 in this division, and playing Boateng as a holding player means we're still short of another body to play in there. I'd like to see a robust box-to-box type to do some of the hard graft and add a bit of physical presence. Besides Boateng and Cameron I honestly don't see another option in the squad that I'd be comfortable playing in there. Byrne is just a more limited Boateng, and Max Anderson is probably the right type of midfielder, but I don't believe he's got the ability to be a regular player in the Premiership. I actually think this is a bigger priority than another striker, because I can't see us playing 2 up front much this season in any case, and a stronger midfield would make us a bit tougher to play through and dominate, which I think is key to picking up points against the middle-of-the-pack sides.

9 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Probably Christian Doidge.