All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Boateng, any better than Byrne?

I’m certainly sold,couple stray passes but on the whole certainly bossed it IMO

Edited by D TOTAL

Much better 2nd half, took control which is what I wanted to see. Feels like a missed opportunity though, as we should've had way more than 3 goals, and it was a rare game where we kinda needed more goals if we want to progress.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Boateng, any better than Byrne?

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

I’m certainly sold,couple stray passes but on the whole certainly bossed it IMO

Not for me. Passes to nothing, losing headers too easy and never anticipating balls coming his way. Looks a mile off it imo.

6 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Supposedly the new lad Donnelly is already injured, and is rumoured to be out for several weeks at least. Very unfortunate for the boy if true, and from our perspective it's just sod's law.

What happens in a case like this? Say a loan player is out for the season - can you return to sender?

If it's a bad one I can't imagine it does our 'special relattionship' with Forest much good!

9 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Not for me. Passes to nothing, losing headers too easy and never anticipating balls coming his way. Looks a mile off it imo.

I would say the exact opposite, amazing how fans see the same. Game differently, I thought he payed really well reasonably good in the air won a ball and left his opponent decked after the header , passing range was really good as well , and won his fair share of loose balls , in fact had josh Mulligan not upped his game in the second half I would’ve had him man of the match  definitely an upgrade on Byrne 

10 hours ago, johnnydun said:

My thoughts as well, although last night was the first time I've really seen him.

Some decent play last night, and one instance of absolutely atrocious defending thrown in for good measure. The Dumbarton keeper had a couple of really top-quality saves and we missed a good few gilt-edged chances, so it should have been a much more conformable win. 

However, I was gutted to see that Doc thinks playing McGhee in midfield is a good idea - he was shown up so many times last season in the Championship, there is no way he should be near the midfield in the top flight - Byrne, Anderson, Robertson, Boateng, Cameron & Mulligan should all be ahead of him for a central berth - he's a back-up central defender.

The Mexicans both looked decent, Pineda took his goal well and had a couple of good touches and Portales had little to do, but did most of what he had to comfortably. Beck looks a good player, but I'm still wondering about Tiffoney - gets into decent positions, but seems to lack a killer instinct to go for goal or a killer pass/cross.

Hopefully Robinson will be on penalty duty from now on...

15 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Supposedly the new lad Donnelly is already injured, and is rumoured to be out for several weeks at least. Very unfortunate for the boy if true, and from our perspective it's just sod's law.

Tony Doc saying it's a "wee knock" which is more encouraging, wonder if it's a wee knock or if it's a Charlie Reilly "wee knock".

Just now, VinnyPar said:

How likely is Rudden to get punted out on loan now?

He's now 4th choice striker but we are likely to play 2 up top in a 3-5-2. 

I think we will try and punt him though. We had Scott Tiffoney playing up front towards the end of the game last night whilst he sat on the bench.

You'd be welcome to have him.