All things Dundee FC

16 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

See, that's exactly what I think Diarra can bring to the team, he can be the two-way midfielder in this 3-5-2 it feels we're building towards.

That would be great, however, I was just saying that if Lamie is the 'one more' after Sylla that was mentioned and that's it for the summer, then I think we still have an obvious lack of a playmaker in midfield.

25 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

That would be great, however, I was just saying that if Lamie is the 'one more' after Sylla that was mentioned and that's it for the summer, then I think we still have an obvious lack of a playmaker in midfield.

I understand that, but I'm committing to the bit here and not believing the 'one more' idea because I want Diarra lol. I don't think TD has told one fully true thing to DCT about transfers since he was hired.

30 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Aside from the obvious, who on earth wants to look at 'Spenceys' horrible ginger face?

Thank you.

Or read his opinions. That boy went off the deep end a number of years ago.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Maybe Sylla will play ahead of Boateng who, if I’m honest, hasn’t really impressed me so far. 

That's surprising, for me Boateng was one of our best players against Motherwell and in the second half against the Paisley he was good.

Pre season wasn't looking great, particularly against Airdrie where he was one of our worst players. Going by league performances though he's way ahead on the likes of Cameron and Robinson.

For me Tiffoney has to come in tomorrow, changed the game at Paisley. The booing of Cameron going off was utterly clueless - anyone else putting in that performance wouldve been given pelters. Robinson deserves to be dropped and I'd choose Rudden for his donkey work. Finally Ashcroft has been a horror show in the past two games so if Lamie is fit he should come right in on the left hand side of the three.

With the likes of Cameron, Robinson and Pineda on the bench it'll give us options late on if we can keep it tight. 

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

That's surprising, for me Boateng was one of our best players against Motherwell and in the second half against the Paisley he was good.

Pre season wasn't looking great, particularly against Airdrie where he was one of our worst players. Going by league performances though he's way ahead on the likes of Cameron and Robinson.

For me Tiffoney has to come in tomorrow, changed the game at Paisley. Robinson deserves to be dropped and I'd choose Rudden for his donkey work. Finally Ashcroft has been a horror show in the past two games so if Lamie is fit he should come right in on the left hand side of the three.

With the likes of Cameron, Robinson and Pineda on the bench it'll give us options late on if we can keep it tight. 

Thank you.

I sometimes wonder if I’m lacking in football nouse to accurately critique a player in Boetang’s position, doing the dirty work, so you may well be right. Agree re Tiffoney and Rudden starting, for Robinson or the big lump. I think the biggest problem we have is in the striking department. Haven’t really seen enough of Pineda but otherwise I’d say we’re lacking. 
Hoping Hearts are knackered and distracted. 
In Hospo tomorrow so will no doubt be well and truly munted. 

Lamie isn't very inspiring, but hopefully just reliable back up for the likes of Portales once he's back up to fitness.

Spanish media now reporting that the Diarra move has cooled down, which makes sense considering we've just signed someone else in his position.

Sylla better be good, because I really liked the look of Diarra! I'd say there's still a shot and maybe someone like Robertson goes out on loan, but I'll not hold my breath.

Will you use Lamie on the left of a back 3?

He always stuck me as one whos a top flight CB in a back 4 for 80 minutes, but youll get 10 minutes every week of him being a complete bombscare.

As an outside CB in a 3, with a really attacking LWB he'd be a disaster. Michael O'Halloran was done yet still completely destroyed him when he played left back against us a few years ago by simply running quickly in a straight line.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He always stuck me as one whos a top flight CB in a back 4 for 80 minutes, but youll get 10 minutes every week of him being a complete bombscare.

As an outside CB in a 3, with a really attacking LWB he'd be a disaster. Michael O'Halloran was done yet still completely destroyed him when he played left back against us a few years ago by simply running quickly in a straight line.

Very interesting. 

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't rate Lamie at all but he's a much better prospect as a LCB than right footed Lee Ashcroft is.

He'll be back up once Portales is back I'd imagine.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can you back this absolute shite up, with a pie chart?

Thank you.