All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Will you use Lamie on the left of a back 3?

He always stuck me as one whos a top flight CB in a back 4 for 80 minutes, but youll get 10 minutes every week of him being a complete bombscare.

As an outside CB in a 3, with a really attacking LWB he'd be a disaster. Michael O'Halloran was done yet still completely destroyed him when he played left back against us a few years ago by simply running quickly in a straight line.

A top flight centre back for 80 minutes but can't play 90 without being a bombscare. 

If playing at left back all opposition need to do is simply run quickly in a straight line to destroy him. 

BoredomGuy at his best here. Utter shite.

Thank you. 

Edited by Dundee-FC92

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't rate Lamie at all but he's a much better prospect as a LCB than right footed Lee Ashcroft is.

He'll be back up once Portales is back I'd imagine.

Think hes one whos better than his reputation but also has his reputation for a reason, and its all about how you use him.

He wont have joined as back up, thats why he'll be leaving Motherwell. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think hes one whos better than his reputation but also has his reputation for a reason, and its all about how you use him.

He wont have joined as back up, thats why he'll be leaving Motherwell. 

Christ, he has a wee baby, his bird is an addicted gamer, and he’s posting on the Dundee thread. He’s so desperate for attention, history will be repeating itself. 

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He always stuck me as one whos a top flight CB in a back 4 for 80 minutes, but youll get 10 minutes every week of him being a complete bombscare.

This is a spot on observation, tbf.

Tbf bringing in Mo Salah is an excellent signing. 

However, bringing in 41 year old ex Liverpool striker and anti vax lunatic Rickie Lambert to play in defence seems odd. 

Thank you.   

16 hours ago, Fifespud said:

So will Lamie and Sylla start tomorrow? I wouldn’t be surprised but if they do it kinda smacks of desperation?

Can’t see Sylla starting, given it sounds like he’s not really trained much. Lamie might though given our lack of options.

Massive having a reliable keeper after years of sub standard stuff.

Class finish from McCowan.

Bakay was very good though probably should have been subbed on 70 as seemed to have nothing in the tank towards the end when they needed closing down.

Boateng really stepped up in the last half hour.

Robinson should score. Won a lot of good ball but not really clicking for him atm.

Once again the thing that struck me today was how organised and determined the team looks.      

Shaughnessy and Carson seem to have a calming effect on the defence.  Both of them have been good for my blood pressure if nothing else 🤣

Proof again today that McGhee is a defender.   Sylla and Boateng may of course mean we now don’t need to play McGhee is midfield.

1st half especially did we see the beginnings of a good understanding  between McCowan and Tiffoney? 

Still not convinced the partnership upfront is up and running but again signs today that it is improving.

All in all very happy with today’s effort.

Edited by Shadow Play

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Great to see you back!

Thanks Ludo. Thought tonight would be as good a time as any to pop back in for a gander.

Are there any seething Jambos in particular I should look out for to erm, communicate with?

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Just came on to give a brief Get it right up the Hearts for now until I expand later.

The arousal I felt at full time has managed to be heightened by the sight of a returning Dee Man.

Today is a good day.

Thank you.

Thank you.