All things Dundee FC

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You just ignoring Kane Hemmings being a free agent then?

It would be a yes from me, leading by example only being 32 years of age whilst teaching the young guys how to operate upfront in their chosen trade.

He was club captain last season at Tranmere Rovers playing 44 games (Wiki), however now a new manager makes sweeping changes, it happens.

Potentially maybe unfinished business at Dens Park, following his last spell during the disastrous period under James McPake's managerial tenure, who knows?

Merely my opinion.

KaneHemmings.jpg.932dbfd1f7c79fbe912d721d155ccab1.jpg

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd love to have him in, naturally but having looked at the Tranmere forum it's been suggested that his mental health hasn't been the best. I'd absolutely love him back but don't think it'd be the smartest move on his part to move away from his family at this point when that's why he left Scotland in the first place!

It's a no for me on Kane.

First stint started terribly but ended on great terms with fond memories.

His second stint was exactly why they say never go back.

Third time? I think as others have said, if his mental health is causing him issues and he left to be with or closer to his family, that's the last thing he needs to do for himself.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would take him in a heartbeat,

We are currently taking a gamble on a strike-force that to me doesn't look like it's got enough goals in it.

Why not take a gamble on a guy that has averaged more than a goal every second game in the premier league for you previously, incredible numbers outside of the old firm!

I will maintain that Kane did a really solid job in his second stint considering the heaps of garbage he had to work with (only Gowser could keep up with him) and his personal struggles which kept mounting. In fact, I reckon was a better all-round player than the first stint, when Stewart was feeding him endlessly, as he had to do so much work on his own.

As for a third stint, never happening. He's going to Grimsby I'm pretty sure.

Would've liked another striker, but it's hard to complain with our business this window right now.

43 minutes ago, Crawford said:

It's a no for me on Kane.

First stint started terribly but ended on great terms with fond memories.

His second stint was exactly why they say never go back.

Third time? I think as others have said, if his mental health is causing him issues and he left to be with or closer to his family, that's the last thing he needs to do for himself.

100% with you on this. His good stint with us was over 7 years ago ffs - let it go and move on. 

As @RossBFaeDundeesays, I think his second stint was hugely underappreciated. Did a lot of donkey work for little reward and got himself double figures with very little assistance and whilst he was going through a terrible time off the pitch (sure he later said he was almost suicidal at one point).

He's a quality attacker and undoubtedly better than what we have but it's not the right move for him and he said in a recent podcast that the most he'd do in Scotland now would be to play in Cammy Kerr's testimonial but that he really needs to be near his family.

Top guy. And one of our top strikers that gave us the best quality memories since some of the Bonetti era strikers but we've all moved on and I hope he smashes it for his next club down South.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

As @RossBFaeDundeesays, I think his second stint was hugely underappreciated. Did a lot of donkey work for little reward and got himself double figures with very little assistance and whilst he was going through a terrible time off the pitch (sure he later said he was almost suicidal at one point).

He's a quality attacker and undoubtedly better than what we have but it's not the right move for him and he said in a recent podcast that the most he'd do in Scotland now would be to play in Cammy Kerr's testimonial but that he really needs to be near his family.

Top guy. And one of our top strikers that gave us the best quality memories since some of the Bonetti era strikers but we've all moved on and I hope he smashes it for his next club down South.

Well said.

At 31 now i hope he gets a move that suits him, his family and his mental health.

2 points thrown away today. 

Frustrating, but I've still far more confidence in this side's ability to stick in this league than either of our last two seasons in the top flight. 

There's a clear shape and approach to how we are setting up, and Docherty seems to have been able to recruit parts that fit, which is something I don't think McPake ever really did and even under Bowyer I thought we sometimes looked a bit haphazard and lacking any really cohesive approach. Despite probably being a couple of points short of where we ought to be I can't see any reason at all why we shouldn't be finishing 10th or better.

I know it's early days and coming off a shite finish to a game, I am nothing but confident for the rest of the season. The BBC report has us as 'Blowing the chance to go 3rd'. Like I said, early days but if they spout that at the tail end of the season I will be delighted.

Good positive play for 85 mins today, pressing forward and not sitting deep is really a great watch. All the strikers need to be more clinical though, it's the only thing lacking imo.

Thought that the subs hurt us a bit. We looked totally untroubled until Boateng went off, and after that we looked like we'd forgotten what the idea was really. 

Still, not taking the clear chances and some poor defending at both goals are what ultimately cost us. It's annoying that we coped perfectly fine with everything St Johnstone had to offer in normal play, yet conceded twice in desperation-time humps to the back post. Will have to see the replays but both of them smelled like somebody was out of position/switched off/lost their guy.

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

Thought that the subs hurt us a bit. We looked totally untroubled until Boateng went off, and after that we looked like we'd forgotten what the idea was really. 

Still, not taking the clear chances and some poor defending at both goals are what ultimately cost us. It's annoying that we coped perfectly fine with everything St Johnstone had to offer in normal play, yet conceded twice in desperation-time humps to the back post. Will have to see the replays but both of them smelled like somebody was out of position/switched off/lost their guy.

I'm pretty sure Rudden was standing alone, playing everyone onside for the 2nd goal. Could be wrong though.

Echo the sentiments, was a right boot in the bollocks that one, but no one to blame but ourselves, Tiffoney has to bury the chance at 2 nil, and then Rudden at the end being Rudden, loving the Doc's side though, onwards and upwards.

Thank you.

McGhee has to play central defence or nowhere. He’s not a midfielder and he’s not a right back. Playing him out of position to accommodate Lamie is madness. Despite his goal, he was definitely our worst player today. Tiffoney is all pace and no end product. Both he and Rudden totally bottled their 1 on 1 chances. 

Apart from that, we totally dominated that game and should have been on easy street. When Sylla gets up to speed and we get a couple of the longer-term absentees back, then I’m actually reasonably optimistic form once. 

One final thing, as I put my tin helmet on… Fletcher on a short -term deal until January to give us genuine options up front????