All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

French stretchered off for Morton, what a day 😔

Just about to post that. Got clobbered by McCann. Carthorse Broadfoot just picked up his customary yellow, so he's now suspended. I think the Cappielow cleaning lady's going to be playing in our back four next week.

Edited by Chippyminton

Today's refereeing was fucking atrocious, even taking away the big decisions. The game changes on the sending off though and got to be happy with the draw.

Up until the sending off Mulligan was looking very good, let's hope sense prevails and his red is rescinded as he's exactly the type of player we need at Easter Road.

Becks far too good for this level and  a stick on to win POTY. Lucky to have the boy so make the most of watching him every week folks. 

As for the Rudden I'm not suddenly going to change my mind on him but he should enjoy the moment as he's earned us a great point in the end. Work hard to make sure you give us more moments like that in your next displays and the tide may begin to turn.

Robinson is struggling big time but Docherty is playing him out wide and he continually looks fucked after tracking back (which he's doing well). He's not being played in a role where we should expect many goals but his overall performances do need to improve such as his hold up and linking.

As I've said at other points this season if we fell to loss today I would've clapped at the end. Believe me I've not felt like that in many a year through the constant clusterfucks including many points last season. The team has improved hugely and Docherty has us watching a team full of grit and determination. The games at Dens this season have been a great watch.

I'm content and with Easter Road and Pittodrie up in the next three games it's days out you long for when facing the Shite like Morten and Hamilton. I think we'll be just fine this season, get us a stadium update and the Perth down and we're moving forward slowly but surely.

Thank you.

Been really impressed with how Bakayoko has settled in to the team. He seems to improve every time he plays for us, I didn't really think that would be the case. Robinson just needs taken out. He could have easily been subbed in the first half for me today. 

As others have said Beck is just fantastic to watch, does remind me a little of Andy Robertson. Rule no.1 - never fall in love with a loan player. 

Overall we just look like a really capable team at this level. 

54 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Been really impressed with how Bakayoko has settled in to the team. He seems to improve every time he plays for us, I didn't really think that would be the case. Robinson just needs taken out. He could have easily been subbed in the first half for me today. 

As others have said Beck is just fantastic to watch, does remind me a little of Andy Robertson. Rule no.1 - never fall in love with a loan player. 

Overall we just look like a really capable team at this level. 

Agree re Bakayoko and Beck, I also thought Shaughnessy was excellent today too. Taking Tiffoney off at HT, I’d have preferred Robinson going odd, good to keep Tiff’s pace and Robinson was contributing very little. 

Think when Rudden came on, Bakayoko was shunted to Robinson's position and highlighted how difficult it is. Robinson needs to prove he deserves that main man status again. Incredibly difficult at RW but felt sorry for him even he won possession back for us in our RB area.

If he's to reach the potential he showed at times last season though, he still needs to show his class even out of position.

Deep down, I still believe him to be our best striker but he needs to start showing it. He's at the point where he probably deserves dropped. His confidence is absolutely shot though. How does he recover from a dropping? 

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Think when Rudden came on, Bakayoko was shunted to Robinson's position and highlighted how difficult it is. Robinson needs to prove he deserves that main man status again. Incredibly difficult at RW but felt sorry for him even he won possession back for us in our RB area.

If he's to reach the potential he showed at times last season though, he still needs to show his class even out of position.

Deep down, I still believe him to be our best striker but he needs to start showing it. He's at the point where he probably deserves dropped. His confidence is absolutely shot though. How does he recover from a dropping? 

For me Bakayoko is our best striker but he’s not very good either!

16 minutes ago, Girth said:

Dare I say we could finish top half!?

Calm Down Bernie Sanders GIF by GIPHY News

Hard being a Dundee fan and saying so after our last decade, but right now don't think it's that unrealistic.

If teams like St Mirren, Motherwell and Killie can harbour these thoughts then from what i've seen this season there's not much between the teams.

That doesn't change the fact I'm happy to stay up, but it looks like we can compete in most games we'll play. Whether the results fall in our favour will dictate where we end as in tight games there's small margins which we've seen with the Perth domination and inside of the post against Motherwell.

One thing is for sure we're entering games with the best Keeper and left back in nearly all the games we'll face. 

After Hibs A, County H, Aberdeen A it'll be staring us in the pus where the seasons aims lie.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92