All things Dundee FC

42 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

In other news did bbc anyone notice Steven caulker has become a player/gaffer at some Spanish team?

mental career he’s had.

They've a tie up with Tottenham so I suspect it's come about through those channels.

15 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

For those of a certain age, myself included, who attended Dens Park in the late 70's through to the 80's, please can we remember Ian Redford who so sadly died 10 years back on the 10th January 2014, aged only 53.

Ian was, for any Dee who had the good fortune to see him in Dark Blue a tremendous footballing talent, who at the age of 19 broke the Scottish Football record transfer fee with a £210,000 move to Old Glasgow Rangers. Disappointingly for him as it actually transpired, as he had wished for a move to Spurs, to follow in the footsteps of previous Dundee greats Alan Gilzean and John Duncan in years before him.

Interested to hear the thoughts of similarly aged Dark Blues, however I'm still of the opinion we would have achieved something truly memorable in the mid to late 80's if we'd re-recruited both Ian Redford and Iain Ferguson again at Dens Park.

Thoughts are with Ian's family at this time, a fantastic footballer. 

Ian-Redford1.thumb.jpg.d61f61bfafd122e0a1d26efbf5b6f7b3.jpg  

Ian-Redford-3009269.thumb.jpg.49b1026edbef78d28e89cf37ec422869.jpg

Still one of the classiest passers of the ball I've seen in Scottish football. My Arab mates nicknamed him "Silky", which pretty much explains the type of player he was. 

19 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Surely it’s time to give Pineda a wee go at instead of a 15 minute cameo, anytime he’s came in he’s done well imo

The rumour is he's got chocolate legs, never been off the treatment table since arriving at Dens

250k :lol: 

Don't want to see us selling anybody in Jan. Say we're open to discussions but only in the summer, come back then. Gives us time to line up a replacement.

37 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

250k :lol: 

Don't want to see us selling anybody in Jan. Say we're open to discussions but only in the summer, come back then. Gives us time to line up a replacement.

Transfer fees are partly a function of contract value. 250k would be a starting point, but that's a perfectly reasonable bid for a player who will be on a pittance at Dens.

16 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Transfer fees are partly a function of contract value. 250k would be a starting point, but that's a perfectly reasonable bid for a player who will be on a pittance at Dens.

Yep, just shows the difference in financial clout between Scotland and England, I'd guess he'd at least double his wages with a move. 

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

Yep, just shows the difference in financial clout between Scotland and England, I'd guess he'd at least double his wages with a move. 

To Barnsley? I'd say double is quite an understatement.

Hopefully 'Nelmsey' has learned his lesson, and we don't get shafted yet again, everybody would like to see Luke  progress and treble/quadruple his wages, but he's on a long contract, so 250k is a nonsense. IMO.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

We don't need the cash right now, and he is a more valuable asset in keeping us in the Premiership. If he helps us finish 8th or above, then there's the extra £250k, plus we still have McCowan.

Offer £1m plus, then we can start talking.

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Hopefully 'Nelmsey' has learned his lesson, and we don't get shafted yet again, everybody would like to see Luke  progress and treble/quadruple his wages, but he's on long contract, so 250k is a nonsense. IMO.

Thank you.

Exactly this.  If you’re known as a club that folds quickly when the bidding for a player starts you’re always going to get low offers.  Time to stand firm and leave them in no doubt only big / silly money would secure a sale.

McCowan has been outstanding this season.  I don’t think it’s any coincidence that he has finally found consistency the season Doc arrives as manager.  

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Looking at other Tweets it might be a trolling account 

If Beck can be bought for a half million I think our owners need told.

32 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Are you not worried that if Barnsley are unsuccessful in their bid for McCowan they will come calling for a St Johnstone player?

Dross sides like that learned their lesson when offering us pennies for Kerr/McCann/May.

19 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Looking at other Tweets it might be a trolling account 

If Beck can be bought for a half million I think our owners need told.

Hes only on £2.8k a week at Liverpool too.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dross sides like that learned their lesson when offering us pennies for Kerr/McCann/May.

Hes only on £2.8k a week at Liverpool too.

Interesting.