All things Dundee FC

Dropping Shaughnessy is ridiculous. I get he’s not been up to his usual standard but he’s played a ridiculous amount of minutes in short space and can tell it’s affected him.

Knee jerk sweeping changes isn’t the way to go. We will be fine. 

Guy came into my work today…he was named Calum Melville…when he came in it’s like all the hot air in the room instantly left.

Spoiler

Haters will say it’s cause it was -2 and he opened the door bringing a slight draft in…I know what i saw/felt

9 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Guy came into my work today…he was named Calum Melville…when he came in it’s like all the hot air in the room instantly left.

Hide contents

Haters will say it’s cause it was -2 and he opened the door bringing a slight draft in…I know what i saw/felt

See he's back over here, after getting chased out the UAE. Making millions again, this time in construction. Last time I looked he was sleeping on the floor of a warehouse, totally broke.

Fuckin' shite how these c***s always land on their feet.

On 09/02/2024 at 08:50, Derry Alli said:

Nobody is blaming Kerr for the form. The only people who are mentioning him are the same folk who come out and wanted him put in the team when he was dropped for the last decade because "he's always giving 100%". 

Hes now (rightfully) gone and people are all doe eyed about him because the person brought in has had 3 games and doesn't resemble James Tavernier.

It's bewildering. One boy has had ten years of chances, wages and people fighting his corner (and still are) despite being abject. The other guy has had 3 week and is being chased.

Go figure.

I’m certainly not criticising Dodgson, in fact I think he looks decent on the ball. He’s played more at LB through his (short) career so it’s a big ask throwing him at CH, owing to injuries. I don’t think Donnelly has looked that great in his few starts either but they’re both young lads at the start of their careers. Neither starts if both are fit. 

24 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’m certainly not criticising Dodgson, in fact I think he looks decent on the ball. He’s played more at LB through his (short) career so it’s a big ask throwing him at CH, owing to injuries. I don’t think Donnelly has looked that great in his few starts either but they’re both young lads at the start of their careers. Neither starts if both are fit. 

Donnelly allows Beck to attack and looks more steady. There is more to come from him just needs to relax a bit more I reckon. Getting him on a permanent would be smart because he is turning 21 and doubt will get a chance at Forest. Him and McCracken on permanent would be very promising signings. Youth is the way to go if they are smart and willing to put the work in.

On 09/02/2024 at 11:15, RawB93 said:

Sorry, why are people still comparing a RB and a LCB?

To clarify the point I made.  My reference to Dodgeson and Kerr was simply in the context of them both being defenders making obvious mistakes.  I am certainly not “doe eyed” over Kerr as I recall one poster thinks some fans are about Kerr.  

In my original post I did temper my criticism of Dodgeson by acknowledging that is was “perhaps unfair seeing as he is hopefully still settling in”.   Any criticism was more out frustration than anything else after Dodgeson made three errors (the attempt to play offside being the worse) that led to us conceding three important goals in back to back games.   If Doc has seen something in Dodgeson’s  ability I’m hopeful, dare I say, confident Dodgeson will improve.

Regardless of the above I think the team is definitely missing Portales and Lamie.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow, Tony Docherty appears to be all about trying to win and secure a game, Craig Levein excels in stopping the opposition playing and not losing a game. Interesting contest tomorrow, however home win, imho. 

Anyway on a different track, ebay uk and talented artists are always a good combo, check these babies out.

denspark1986ish.thumb.jpg.176b52c4f05194b85c304be33fa237e8.jpg

fuckthedabs.thumb.jpg.ac06367154bd3e915a49ff40ddfdf46b.jpg

20 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Looking forward to the game tomorrow, Tony Docherty appears to be all about trying to win and secure a game, Craig Levein excels in stopping the opposition playing and not losing a game. Interesting contest tomorrow, however home win, imho. 

Anyway on a different track, ebay uk and talented artists are always a good combo, check these babies out.

They are nice, Julian speroni’s wife does a decent one too 

If we want top six we need the three points again next week and in the game in hand. St Mirren gaining 3 points midweek may have been critical though. At least we have hopes at this stage of the season which is more than I ever expected.

Negatives today were Shaughnessy, Tiffoney and Robinson. Tiffoney looks like he actually has a worse final ball than McMullen although his hard work wins us fouls and corners. He also shoots like a three year old child much like McGowan did. Shaugnessy looks like he needs the two beside him and is far from the rock that he looked at times in the early stages of the season.

Carson pulled off a few fine saves and on another day we could've been two down. Saying that it was very even overall and we didn't deserve to be behind at HT.

Good to see Lamie back and hopefully straight into the starting line up against County. We have to start keeping clean sheets.

Sylla MOTM.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Wasn't pretty but a hard fought win will hopefully improve confidence-body language first half  looked nervy today and VAR decision changed the game for us. Sylla was superb throughout but our worry going forward is how poor our strikers are at retaining possession and bringing othersinto play. I'm sure the Doc is aware of this and will be looking to upgrade going forward. 

Lamie coming back will hopefully steady things too. 

Happy days! 

19 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

I love the top one mate, can you share a link if it's not too much hassle? 

Beck is a joy to watch at times man, can't remember the last player we had where you think something is going to happen every time he touches it. Excellent 1 on 1 defender as well.

Edited by Lalo

20 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Pretty much exactly what happened today. 

Really worried about Mellon, DCT used a horrendous picture in their article showing him clearly still out while on his side. Ridiculous lack of respect to put that image on anywhere, nvm front and centre.

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Really worried about Mellon, DCT used a horrendous picture in their article showing him clearly still out while on his side. Ridiculous lack of respect to put that image on anywhere, nvm front and centre.

Here's hoping he is ok, game should have been over at that point as well, but where David Munro got 8 minutes from is an absolute mystery, said it before, he is an incompetent clown, that should be nowhere near the top flight. A dangerous idiot. IMO.

All the best to Michael Mellon.

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I hope hes okay, as it looked absolutely horrendous at the time.

Hopefully your club publicly condemn the ref for playing on as its so dangerous to leave those head knocks untreated too long, and fair play to your physio for just going on the pitch while play went on.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I hope hes okay, as it looked absolutely horrendous at the time.

Hopefully your club publicly condemn the ref for playing on as its so dangerous to leave those head knocks untreated too long, and fair play to your physio for just going on the pitch while play went on.

Doc in the post-match said he was 'compos mentis' and they'd spoken before he headed to Ninewells, so that's a definite relief. He blasts the ref and praises the physio, but also leaves it to other people to focus on the referee's decision over Mellon's welfare which I think is smart.