All things Dundee FC

I'm not quoting the post because there's too much of that horrific colour on this thread already, but that commemorative picture of the dabs v Alkmaar before getting duly pumped 7-0 in the 2nd leg is tremendous 😂

18 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

bit weird celebrating coming 6th out of 12 like you have won the champions league

Nah, you've got it wrong pal. The top-6 is Dundee's Mount Everest - they're quite right to celebrate their achievement and the only respectable thing to do is tip your hat to them.

Yes, they used every trick in the book to do that. Hibs and Aberdeen had bombscare seasons and they required a last minute favour from Motherwell to get the deal done - but they did it and that's all that matters.

giphy.gif

Edited by 2426255

15 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I think making top 6 is something worth celebrating.  Like United, Dundee have only did that twice in the last 10 seasons*

United fans on the other hand invaded the pitch when they beat Airdrie away in the Scottish Cup.  That to me is not something that’s worth celebrating in that manner. Each to their own though.

They also invaded the pitch at Ayr United this season did they not after a goal?

4 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

@Arab_R_us disappearing as quick as snaw on a dyke.

Maybe he should have this commemorative shirt?

FB_IMG_1713115657758.jpg

Was beating AZ quite an Achievement and worth celebrating - Yes

Did the wheels completely fall off from then onwards - Also Yes 

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I'm not quoting the post because there's too much of that horrific colour on this thread already, but that commemorative picture of the dabs v Alkmaar before getting duly pumped 7-0 in the 2nd leg is tremendous 😂

I got an ad on insta for a mug with that result on it :lol: 

There wasn't one of the second leg sadly. Would've made a good gift for the DABs in my family.

ETA: So that dayglo disgrace is not the most recent image in the thread

Juan Sara vows to savour 'special' Dundee homecoming

Edited by RawB93

Achieving top six in the first season back in the league and absolutely securing Premiership status - not worth celebrating

Taking a first leg lead in a one-sided battering - party time, buy your merch! 

🤔

35 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Nah, you've got it wrong pal. The top-6 is Dundee's Mount Everest - they're quite right to celebrate their achievement and the only respectable thing to do is tip your hat to them.

Yes, they used every trick in the book to do that. Hibs and Aberdeen had bombscare seasons and they required a last minute favour from Motherwell to get the deal done - but they did it and that's all that matters.

giphy.gif

At least you're not absolutely fucking raging about it...

54 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

At least you're not absolutely fucking raging about it...

Why would I be? I've got nothing against Dundee and you've had a good season by your standards. Yes I find it fun bamming you lot up, especially @Bigmouth Strikes Again, but honestly well done - Tony Docherty has really done very well.

What I said is true though, you needed a few things to go your way to help you over the line - no shame in that.

Edited by 2426255

A big thanks to Kettlewell who secured Dundee their top six finish with a pointless equaliser. 

Extra revenue which is invaluable and means if we do decide to pay anything towards our pitch it's covered through the top six finish, meaning no decrease to our playing budget.

Getting Livi out the leeague is another bonus - complete diddy team and the derbies are going to bring in more money.

With Docherty at the helm and a full season in the legs of the likes of Lyall Cameron we should be looking ahead with positivity.

Wouldn't mind the Perth being replaced by Kirkaldy to top off a very good season at Dens. 

It's not over for us yet though and we continue with the development of our young team with all eyes on Dens park come Wednesday. Can we end the knuckle draggers title aspirations?

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, tullydee said:

They also invaded the pitch at Ayr United this season did they not after a goal?

Surely not?

1 hour ago, Arab_R_us said:

Was beating AZ quite an Achievement and worth celebrating - Yes

Did the wheels completely fall off from then onwards - Also Yes 

@Arab_R_us could you clarify if the pitch invasion at Ayr was indeed the case?  Also, I notice you didn’t say whether invading the pitch at Airdire was an appropriate way to celebrate a 1-0 victory against them.  Given how most of us on here value your opinion is there any chance you can give it please?  Thank you.

29 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Surely not?

@Arab_R_us could you clarify if the pitch invasion at Ayr was indeed the case?  Also, I notice you didn’t say whether invading the pitch at Airdire was an appropriate way to celebrate a 1-0 victory against them.  Given how most of us on here value your opinion is there any chance you can give it please?  Thank you.

I think over celebrating scoring a late winner (82 min) when you are in a 2 horse race for a title is justified don't you ?

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Why would I be? I've got nothing against Dundee and you've had a good season by your standards. Yes I find it fun bamming you lot up, especially @Bigmouth Strikes Again, but honestly well done - Tony Docherty has really done very well.

What I said is true though, you needed a few things to go your way to help you over the line - no shame in that.

Don't include me in your 'internet nonsense' ever again.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

A big thanks to Kettlewell who secured Dundee their top six finish with a pointless equaliser. 

Extra revenue which is invaluable and means if we do decide to pay anything towards our pitch it's covered through the top six finish, meaning no decrease to our playing budget.

Getting Livi out the leeague is another bonus - complete diddy team and the derbies are going to bring in more money.

With Docherty at the helm and a full season in the legs of the likes of Lyall Cameron we should be looking ahead with positivity.

Wouldn't mind the Perth being replaced by Kirkaldy to top off a very good season at Dens. 

It's not over for us yet though and we continue with the development of our young team with all eyes on Dens park come Wednesday. Can we end the knuckle draggers title aspirations?

Thank you. 

Would much rather keep Perth as an away day over, potentially, Airdrie!  A Raith v Saints final would be ideal though.

53 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Would much rather keep Perth as an away day over, potentially, Airdrie!  A Raith v Saints final would be ideal though.

As much as the banter would be hilarious let's get RC to f**k out of this league

3 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Surely not?

f**k, we scored a last minute winner at Somerset couple of years back in the derby and never even did a pitch invasion!