All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Vote no on banning artificial pitches, rip the pitch up and put in our own plastic one, just to piss people off. Sick of this nonsense, to threaten such a heavy fine for one postponement next season is absurd.

I’m defo up for this.

Not sure about other areas of Scotland but we’ve had 20% (160mm) of our average annual rainfall (800mm) in the last 3 weeks. How much contingency do you build in to your drainage system?

1 hour ago, Gorgie greatness said:

There goes the top 6 financial reward 🥊 

We'd beable to pay the 66K off alone with the Sky money from the live game from Dens next Sunday.

That's before you factor in over 4000 away fans paying £30 a pop, full hospitality and home end sales.

We then have a massive home match infront of a bumper crowd against St Mirren which can put us into a European position.

Kilmarnock to end the season should also see a decent away following as they finish the campaign in fourth. If we've picked up a few results it'll be another bumper home crowd.

Of course there's then the 140K plus between finishing 7th and 6th. If we finished bottom six we'd have been due the likes of Livi at home in a meaningless borefest.

Thick as mince. Things are all good down Dens way don't you worry.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

We'd beable to pay the 66K off alone with the Sky money from the live game from Dens next Sunday.

That's before you factor in over 4000 away fans paying £30 a pop, full hospitality and home end sales.

We then have a massive home match infront of a bumper crowd against St Mirren which can put us into a European position.

Kilmarnock to end the season should also see a decent away following as they finish the campaign in fourth. If we've picked up a few results it'll be another bumper home crowd.

Of course there's then the 140K plus between finishing 7th and 6th. If we finished bottom six we'd have been due the likes of Livi at home in a meaningless borefest.

Thick as mince. Things are all good down Dens way don't you worry.

Thank you.

Well said. 

On another note, anyone contributing to the 1893 club I received an email today about an event on the 29th and improvements that will be in place for next season. 

Good to see there's going to be more effort put in.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

On another note, anyone contributing to the 1893 club I received an email today about an event on the 29th and improvements that will be in place for next season. 

Thank you.

I stopped as I had no idea where the money was going. Might have another look if they sort themselves out. 

11 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I stopped as I had no idea where the money was going. Might have another look if they sort themselves out. 

A section from the email below which looks like they're getting their shit in order. They should be advertising it via the official too, alot of people were put off with the lack of information on anything to do with it. Nearly packed it in myself.

Thank you.

'From the 1st of May, we will introduce you to a new points system with improved opportunities within your membership. This will include behind-the-scenes access and an insight into how your contributions assist and enhance the football operations. You will hear from members of our 1st team squad and coaching team on how your continuing support ensures we achieve the aims and objectives of the overall football operations of the club. We have also established partnerships to provide members with the opportunity to access events and experiences currently only available through membership of the foundation.'

Edited by Dundee-FC92

45 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

I saw that today, hadn't checked their emails in months, turns out I've had free hospitality for 2 for any Cat B since November. Yay.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thick as mince. Things are all good down dens way don't you worry.

Thank you.

Except the fucking pitch eh! 

As a long term Dee attending since 1975 these are the best vibes coming from Dens Park since Archie Knox was manager in the 1980's, imho.

Well done to the Doc, his backroom staff and players for an enjoyable season and they're not finished yet, not by a long chalk.

However shame on the SPFL for their shambolic ruling today which reflects no comparison to the similar sanction served to Motherwell FC in 2010. 

These are the same SPFL cowards who continue to sit on their hands whilst we have to listen to the poisonous, sectarian bile spouted by the Glaswegian Two at all away grounds and laughably mostly whilst on live TV. No surprise therefore these arse cheeks still apparently call all the shots in Scottish Football. 

Shame on you, this is Scottish Football after all and 2024, unless you've forgotten you SPFL West of Scotland dictated organisation of no moral substance.

That is all, thank you.

Edited by This Charming Man

It’s like we’re saying, what’s worse for our game a few postponements or sectarian bile. 

Time to bring this sh!te to a head. 

Fine the bigots when they step out of line. 

Edited by Dee Bliss

This is the minimum Dundee should be doing at Dens to avoid any future fine.

6 hours ago, Dee Bliss said:

It’s like we’re saying, what’s worse for our game a few postponements or sectarian bile. 

Time to bring this sh!te to a head. 

Fine the bigots when they step out of line. 

Monetary fine unfortunately means little or nowt to these clubs, a points deduction however, then we're in the fun zone, lol.

This toxic subject has been ignored for many decades now, time for change is long overdue.

Thank you. 

37 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Monetary fine unfortunately means little or nowt to these clubs, a points deduction however, then we're in the fun zone, lol.

This toxic subject has been ignored for many decades now, time for change is long overdue.

Thank you. 

The rest of us can't enjoy a drink at the game because of these muppets. Sectarian bile that just gets passed off as banter at the football by the powers that be. It really is a further kick in the stones when their fans do what they did last year with pyro and get away with it. 

Two wrongs don't make a right and our pitch has been a minter this season but the double standards by these gimps that pander to the old firm is incredible. Always hit the easy target first. 

First of all, I’m over the moon we’ve made the top six and delighted we’ve actually got something to play for and it feels like we can  actually compete in it compared to the 14/15 season.

Obviously it’s been well documented on how many points we’ve dropped from winning positions this season, especially late on in games. So we could have been level or a point clear of St Mirren or what not but then again, they’ve probably done the same at some point as well. 

I was too young to go to Perugia back in 2003 so seeing Dundee in Europe is one thing I want to tick off my list. Here’s hoping there’s one big final push in our remaining five games and we all get rewarded by going to some arse end country like Armenia or North Macedonia. 

Sets up for an exciting end to the season and after Wednesdays result and performance, we should have no fear against Celtic next Sunday.