All things Dundee FC

I've heard wee rumours, nothing concrete, but decent things that we've already did a lot of business for next season in terms of extending contracts and signing players on PCAs. Not heard any names but rumours are abound.

9 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

With St Mirren playing Celtic away in the last match we only need to keep the gap as it is as a minimum to be in with a shout against Killie at home. All to play for

I'll be disappointed if we're not all square going into that final game, maybe just a point behind. Better still, with our GD within a goal, maybe 2 of St Mirren's.

Squeaky bum 0-0 at Dens and 2 or 3 zip to Celtic sounds smashing!

Thank You.

Edited by hk blues

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'll be disappointed if we're not all square going into that final game, maybe just a point behind. Better still, with our GD within a goal, maybe 2 of St Mirren's.

Squeaky bum 0-0 at Dens and 2 or 3 zip to Celtic sounds smashing!

Thank You.

IMG_1216.jpeg

I can see us getting the win against Celtic. Main up top followed by two pacey wide men like Tiffoney and Cameron closing down the full backs. Defend our box if Idah playing or with Kyogo get Boateng and Sylla to cut passing lanes. Another free hit and our team is full of belief.

9 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

I can see us getting the win against Celtic. Main up top followed by two pacey wide men like Tiffoney and Cameron closing down the full backs. Defend our box if Idah playing or with Kyogo get Boateng and Sylla to cut passing lanes. Another free hit and our team is full of belief.

Dreams work like that. 

2 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

Interesting to see if Doc sticks to the back 4 and plays Boateng out on the right, Cameron on the left and Mccowan and Sylla in a midfield two like the rangers game. Cameron wasted out wide for me though, even if it's closing down defenders. Hasn't got the pace for that imo. Best position is in behind the opposition midfield and in front of the defence (I.e. mccowans position for the majority of this season). 

I'd keep the back 4 instead of the 5212 we've stuck with for the majority. Lamie wasn't great against Rangers I thought, and even though I'm not a fan of him I can see Donnelly coming back in if Doc wants more pace in defence. Portales should keep his place regardless imo. 

I've been hoping for a back 4 line up majority of the season so we can accommodate Sylla and Boateng at the same time. I'd get Robertson starting v Celts then replace with Cameron later on and Mulligan, replaced by Tiffony later on, with McCowan completing the middle 5. No way is Main going to be fit enough to start so Bakayoko in starting 11. Keep it a battle and tight then go for it.

1 hour ago, LM_0803 said:

Interesting to see if Doc sticks to the back 4 and plays Boateng out on the right, Cameron on the left and Mccowan and Sylla in a midfield two like the rangers game. Cameron wasted out wide for me though, even if it's closing down defenders. Hasn't got the pace for that imo. Best position is in behind the opposition midfield and in front of the defence (I.e. mccowans position for the majority of this season). 

I'd keep the back 4 instead of the 5212 we've stuck with for the majority. Lamie wasn't great against Rangers I thought, and even though I'm not a fan of him I can see Donnelly coming back in if Doc wants more pace in defence. Portales should keep his place regardless imo. 

I think it will be the same lineup but with Main up top. Sometimes with the 5 at the back against better teams we allow the other team to dictate play as we play quite deep. Off the ball against Rangers we were excellent but when we won the ball we were all narrow in the middle of pitch. Might be a few tactical changes. Not a big Lamie fan either but he is better with a full back close to him. 

Bakayoko one of our most underrated players this season.

I love the big man. Lots of work off the ball and has a fair share of goals but brings others into play - the first effort against Rangers from Boateng for example - Curtis Main isn’t making that chance. 

Main has always been a player I admired/hated playing against so def has his place - not slating him by any stretch - but he 100% needs a pre season for me. 

I think Main at his best was better than Bakayoko but whether he'll ever get there again is debatable.  We can probably get better than Bakayoko, but he's absolutely someone I'd at least want in the squad.

I think Beck is well out of our reach and I'm not sure we'd struggle to replace Costelloe.  If we can sign McCracken, Boateng and Bakayoko then that would be a tremendous start.

Dodgson, Mellon, Donnelly and Robinson I could see the logic in signing but I'm not sure we'd miss any of them.

8 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

I think Main at his best was better than Bakayoko but whether he'll ever get there again is debatable.  We can probably get better than Bakayoko, but he's absolutely someone I'd at least want in the squad.

I think Beck is well out of our reach and I'm not sure we'd struggle to replace Costelloe.  If we can sign McCracken, Boateng and Bakayoko then that would be a tremendous start.

Dodgson, Mellon, Donnelly and Robinson I could see the logic in signing but I'm not sure we'd miss any of them.

Donnelly I’d love to keep but doubt it , Mellon has hardly played apart from 15 mins or so as a sub , but he’d be worth another season on loan , don’t think the Doc rates Robinson though , Dodgson a bit hot and cold so he’s a no , Boateng might be lucky enough to get for another season though , McCracken and Bakayoko we should definitely try to sign 

12 hours ago, DieDee said:

I've been hoping for a back 4 line up majority of the season so we can accommodate Sylla and Boateng at the same time. I'd get Robertson starting v Celts then replace with Cameron later on and Mulligan, replaced by Tiffony later on, with McCowan completing the middle 5. No way is Main going to be fit enough to start so Bakayoko in starting 11. Keep it a battle and tight then go for it.

Robertson looked like an amateur at Parkhead, if you watch it back he loses his man every time and is nowhere near the level we need to progress. The boy can trap a ball and find a pass; his overall game is league one/lower cHampionship. We need to move on from players like him.

As for Bakayoko i'm okay with having him as part of a four man strike force next season which couldn't also include Pineda. Bakayoko has scored 6 goals and assisted 5 which is an average return. Sometimes he looks like he can't be arsed. I suppose we need a bit of continuity so i'll take Bakayoko, Boateng, McCraacken and Dodgson from the loan deals. 

Thank you.

Lamie plays for me. Would play him week in week out.  Him and Portales played well together.

If Donnelly was to play it’s in place of Dodgson. Donnelly’s use of the ball lets him down. Not sure he’s any quicker than Lamie tbh. 

Would be daft to change the starting 11 after a really good performance.  Bring on Main and Mellon or Mulligan for the last half hour if all is going to plan. 

1 hour ago, stu2910 said:

Mellon looks a player. I’d 100% keep him next season.