All things Dundee FC

Anderson would be an excellent signing. IMO there’s no chance Robinson will be with us next season. Our strikers are pish and he hasn’t managed to get a look in. There’s also no chance we will sign Mellon, he’ll want to be down south. There’s a possibility of another loan but I wouldn’t imagine him or Burnley fancy him sitting on the bench again. 
I’d pour the majority of our resources into recruiting the best centre half and the best centre forward we can find. 

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Anderson would be an excellent signing. IMO there’s no chance Robinson will be with us next season. Our strikers are pish and he hasn’t managed to get a look in. There’s also no chance we will sign Mellon, he’ll want to be down south. There’s a possibility of another loan but I wouldn’t imagine him or Burnley fancy him sitting on the bench again. 
I’d pour the majority of our resources into recruiting the best centre half and the best centre forward we can find. 

There’s no reason why we couldn’t get Mellon back on loan, if we wanted to. 

I agree RE a central defender and a centre forward but I think we need an upgrade on Sylla if I’m honest. Done a job for us second part of the season but when he’s bad - he’s really bad. 

I think Sylla is one of our best players but do agree, when he's having an off day, our midfield pretty much collapses. Probably because he's the only one with an ounce of defensive sense. He has a tard task keeping a midfield trio of him, McCowan and Cameron tight!

I'd like to see us retain Boateng if at all possible.

I think Cameron is likely to depart in the summer so a rejig of the midfield with Boateng -- Sylla both sitting behind McCowan could be ideal!

Posted (edited)

What would your opinion be of Donnelly signing? I think he has performed well in certain systems where we had someone always close to him like Beck who will get the ball and run and he likes it when a striker makes a forward run. I think he is potential to be very good SPL Premiership if he is a bit more confident in his surroundings and if the team improve as a whole. I would however like another CB who can play in a 4 and is left footed to rotate with him potentially. Luke Graham could be a possibility but someone with more experience may be better for example an Angus MacDonald or Joe Wright type signing.

Edited by Luke Newman

56 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think Sylla is one of our best players but do agree, when he's having an off day, our midfield pretty much collapses. Probably because he's the only one with an ounce of defensive sense. He has a tard task keeping a midfield trio of him, McCowan and Cameron tight!

I'd like to see us retain Boateng if at all possible.

I think Cameron is likely to depart in the summer so a rejig of the midfield with Boateng -- Sylla both sitting behind McCowan could be ideal!

I agree with most of that but I think Cameron will stay, or he’d be well advised to. If he goes elsewhere the expectations on him will be higher and as we all know he needs to develop a bit if he’s going to become the real deal. If we were punting 1 off them I’d prefer to keep McCowan, he’s more critical to the team. If we keep Cameron and he kicks on we could of course get decent money for him. Tough one, best option is they both sign. 

On 05/05/2024 at 19:22, RossBFaeDundee said:

I would've been the first to agree with you on Pittman about 6 years ago, but he looks a shadow of the player that was key to leading Livi to the Premiership. The rumour re: Yengi is weird, as the poster is usually reliable but signing him would require a fee as he's only months into a 2.5 year deal. Perhaps there are some variety of relegation clauses inserted in there, but I clearly wouldn't know. Lively forward with plenty potential but seems a bit temperamental, still would be a top striker for Livi in the Championship if he stays there.

Anderson and Nouble are obviously worth a look, it'll be interesting to see how true the long-held rumours of Anderson signing a PCA with Killie are. Nouble will head back down south to the National League imo.

Nouble almost moved to Exeter in January, so that's probably around the level he'll get, middle end of League 1. Bruce is apparently looking to get a move down south according to Martindale but then again the rumours of Killie have been kicking around for a while. 

Pittman, imo, is done. He's lost the legs he had in him, his main strength was constant pressing to make up for a bit of a lack of quality in his game. Was fairly obvious that once that went he'd not have a lot of pedigree to rely on. 

10 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I agree with most of that but I think Cameron will stay, or he’d be well advised to. If he goes elsewhere the expectations on him will be higher and as we all know he needs to develop a bit if he’s going to become the real deal. If we were punting 1 off them I’d prefer to keep McCowan, he’s more critical to the team. If we keep Cameron and he kicks on we could of course get decent money for him. Tough one, best option is they both sign. 

There is an art to selling players at the best possible time. The last player we really done that with was Jack Hendry. Lyall Cameron won't be here forever - Dundee should always be a club that helps their youth prospects develop and help them on to a good career at a better level. If there is a good offer for Cameron this summer I wouldn't have any issue with seeing him go and continue to progress.

11 hours ago, Luke Newman said:

What would your opinion be of Donnelly signing? I think he has performed well in certain systems where we had someone always close to him like Beck who will get the ball and run and he likes it when a striker makes a forward run. I think he is potential to be very good SPL Premiership if he is a bit more confident in his surroundings and if the team improve as a whole. I would however like another CB who can play in a 4 and is left footed to rotate with him potentially. Luke Graham could be a possibility but someone with more experience may be better for example an Angus MacDonald or Joe Wright type signing.

Donnelly signing would be superb for us. He had a bad game on Saturday - but the whole team did. He has great potential and is young. 

36 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

In a heartbeat. Never happening so long as he's making India money.

I watched a short documentary about him when he was at Central Coast Mariners and he said he didn’t want to leave. He may want to come back to settle in Scotland. I reckon Docherty would get the best out of him and he would score quite a lot of goals. He is still popular amongst the fans. 

6 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

No, he's a walloper. 

Not for me either. Great striker but didn’t treat Dundee with a lot of respect. Could say Mcpake blah blah but still needs to be professional at the end of the day. 

Australia re-ignited his career and he’s living the life playing there and now in India.

11 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

No, he's a walloper. 

This. He’s 28 and is on club no 9. He also doesn’t fit the type favoured by the Doc - hard working team players. 

1 hour ago, RawB93 said:

No, he's a walloper. 

True, but he's a good striker and I loved having him here. About 100 reasons why it won't and probably shouldn't happen again though.

Posted (edited)

Cummings tried to say he didn't drink at that OpenGoal event that McPake banned him from but when they released the behind the scenes footage of their show, he was fucking rat arsed and could barely stand.

McPake did a lot of ridiculous things at Dundee. Bulleting Cummings wasn't one of them IMO.

Edited by Ludo*1

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Cummings tried to say he didn't drink at that OpenGoal event that McPake banned him from but when they released the behind the scenes footage of their show, he was fucking rat arsed and could barely stand.

McPake did a lot of ridiculous things at Dundee. Bulletins Cummings wasn't one of them IMO.

I was at that show and you could tell straight away he was absolutely wrecked. The behind the scenes stuff showed you just how bad he was though.