All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, LM_0803 said:

Anderson who was slated by ICT fans last week? Not for me. Agree about Cameron, if anyone is daft enough to offer a couple hundred thousand then I'd sell ASAP. Midfield needs as much work as the defence imo. Would keep mccracken even if he's been poor recently. No poorer than Carson has been this season IMO. 

Can't believe there's been some fans wishing Bakayoko stays for next year.  2 (two) goals since the start of December. 

Docherty seems to love him, but the goals/return from the big lump is no use. IMO.

2 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Anderson who was slated by ICT fans last week? Not for me. Agree about Cameron, if anyone is daft enough to offer a couple hundred thousand then I'd sell ASAP. Midfield needs as much work as the defence imo. Would keep mccracken even if he's been poor recently. No poorer than Carson has been this season IMO. 

Can't believe there's been some fans wishing Bakayoko stays for next year.  2 (two) goals since the start of December. 

Anderson I’d like to see given a chance in pre season but can’t say I’ve watched him much. Cameron is overhyped for me. He’s awful off the ball, not as technical as some think and poor decision making. I really don’t know what level he is at and league he would go to. Maybe a Peterborough. Portales can’t defend but good on the ball so maybe he will go abroad or a team closer to home. Bakayoko is only good at linking play on the ground which isn’t enough. 

Need another 7 to start and the rest as backup. I also think we need an experienced coach in the coaching set up to help us see out games. Like tonight, if you can’t defend, score more goals which was easy tonight against a very poor Rangers team.

15 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

I’d only keep the following: 

McCracken  Carson

McGhee  Astley   Donnelly  

Sylla  Boateng  Mulligan Robertson McCowan Anderson 

Reilly Tiffoney

Need quite a few new players for next season

Josh Campbell, Van Veen, Jordan Jones and Jason Kerr would be some transfers I’d like. Don’t know how much Burnley have a say in our signings but those players would be a good balance to our team.

5 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Josh Campbell, Van Veen, Jordan Jones and Jason Kerr would be some transfers I’d like. Don’t know how much Burnley have a say in our signings but those players would be a good balance to our team.

You literally couldn't afford a single one.

People wanting clear outs, writing off players and generally going mental saying we need a lot better after we just finished 6th is mental.

I'd take 9th next season with a fair few of the loans signed up permanently and another batch of loans. We need to realise where we are and that we are far from the finished article. Yes, losing 5 goals after being 2 up is embarrassing and yes we need to learn lessons but we are a very easy on the eye team, finished top 6 and have unfortunately went on our holidays. I'd still be looking to keep the vast majority of our squad bar a few notable exceptions tbh.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

People wanting clear outs, writing off players and generally going mental saying we need a lot better after we just finished 6th is mental.

I'd take 9th next season with a fair few of the loans signed up permanently and another batch of loans. We need to realise where we are and that we are far from the finished article. Yes, losing 5 goals after being 2 up is embarrassing and yes we need to learn lessons but we are a very easy on the eye team, finished top 6 and have unfortunately went on our holidays. I'd still be looking to keep the vast majority of our squad bar a few notable exceptions tbh.

Who would you keep from the players we have loaned in?

7 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Who would you keep from the players we have loaned in?

Off the top of my head, all of them bar Costelloe and Dodgson. 

Certainly would like to keep McCracken, Boateng, Bakayoko (Has his critics but noticeable difference between him and Main being on the pitch), Mellon, Robinson. 

Probably forgetting a fair few of our loanees tbf so better just stating the ones I'd be disappointed to keep and that'd be Costelloe and probably Dodgson.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Off the top of my head, all of them bar Costelloe and Dodgson. 

Certainly would like to keep McCracken, Boateng, Bakayoko (Has his critics but noticeable difference between him and Main being on the pitch), Mellon, Robinson. 

Probably forgetting a fair few of our loanees tbf so better just stating the ones I'd be disappointed to keep and that'd be Costelloe and probably Dodgson.

I just can’t see what he does to progress the team forward. He doesn’t do enough to earn a contract. Surely other players will be frustrated with him jogging about the pitch. I’d keep Mellon and Robinson but they won’t want to stay.

3 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

I just can’t see what he does to progress the team forward. He doesn’t do enough to earn a contract. Surely other players will be frustrated with him jogging about the pitch. I’d keep Mellon and Robinson but they won’t want to stay.

I think he links the team very well. He's not a world beater and he's not gonna score hundreds of goals but he's a major reason why our midfield is so dangerous IMO.

I think he links the team very well. He's not a world beater and he's not gonna score hundreds of goals but he's a major reason why our midfield is so dangerous IMO.

There’s players out there that can lay off a pass first time but also work hard, win headers and offer a goal scoring threat. May as well have Fin Robertson up top

Just now, peebles_Dee said:

There’s players out there that can lay off a pass first time but also work hard, win headers and offer a goal scoring threat. May as well have Fin Robertson up top

We wouldn't be one of the top scoring sides in the league with Fin Robertson up top. I think there's a noticeable change when Bakayoko is on the pitch and when someone like Main is on instead of him. There's a noticeable difference in our potency IMO and if you don't agree, then I don't know what to tell you.

I think offensively, we are more than fine. It's as a defensive unit we need to improve. 2 new starting CH's if we go 3 at the back and a new LB are much bigger priorities in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We wouldn't be one of the top scoring sides in the league with Fin Robertson up top. I think there's a noticeable change when Bakayoko is on the pitch and when someone like Main is on instead of him. There's a noticeable difference in our potency IMO and if you don't agree, then I don't know what to tell you.

I think offensively, we are more than fine. It's as a defensive unit we need to improve. 2 new starting CH's if we go 3 at the back and a new LB are much bigger priorities in my opinion.

The main reason why the game changes when Main comes on is that we aren’t changing the style of play to suit Main. It will be difficult to get rid of Main but we should now be able and get a target man that can link up play and do more than Bakayoko. 

I agree with 2 new centre backs. Docherty likes to change the formation so I agree 2 centre backs. McGhee and Donnelly most versatile in either formation. 3 strikers and 3 out and out centre backs and also McGhee and Donnelly.

2 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

The main reason why the game changes when Main comes on is that we aren’t changing the style of play to suit Main. It will be difficult to get rid of Main but we should now be able and get a target man that can link up play and do more than Bakayoko. 

I agree with 2 new centre backs. Docherty likes to change the formation so I agree 2 centre backs. McGhee and Donnelly most versatile in either formation. 3 strikers and 3 out and out centre backs and also McGhee and Donnelly.

Docherty saying in his press conference that it was good to know that defence is a weakness going into the next season. 

Just now, peebles_Dee said:

I don't fully disagree. If we can get someone better than Bakayoko then I'd be happy with that but the same applies to every player in the squad. I just think he brings more to the team than we would have if he wasn't there so on that basis I'd keep him, but if we can get better great.

Not convinced on Donnelly if I'm honest bur certainly has potential. Would like him in permanently as opposed to another loan.

If we are going 3 at the back, I think we need a Shaughnessy replacement with slightly more pace which will be the hardest job of all, a brick shitehouse type and Portales.

I actually don't mind McGhee at RB and he's been very solid. Wouldn't be opposed to just allowing him another season in that role if we can get a better LB in.

I don't fully disagree. If we can get someone better than Bakayoko then I'd be happy with that but the same applies to every player in the squad. I just think he brings more to the team than we would have if he wasn't there so on that basis I'd keep him, but if we can get better great.

Not convinced on Donnelly if I'm honest bur certainly has potential. Would like him in permanently as opposed to another loan.

If we are going 3 at the back, I think we need a Shaughnessy replacement with slightly more pace which will be the hardest job of all, a brick shitehouse type and Portales.

I actually don't mind McGhee at RB and he's been very solid. Wouldn't be opposed to just allowing him another season in that role if we can get a better LB in.

Yeah it depends on what kind of fullbacks we get in. Beck wasn’t as effective in a 4 at the back. If it’s 2 attacking full backs we’d need to have very good centre backs and two defensive midfielders. I like Portales on the ball but he can’t defend. He always stretches his legs out instead of running towards them. Hopefully we can attract better quality players with the season we’ve had. 

on the other forum a poster was saying how Burnley are having an influence on or playing squad which I am interested to see what that means for us. It may mean we sign players that nobody has heard off but Burnley like which can be positive but a negative in the way that we have less players with SPFL experience.

11 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

A more realistic signing I think would be Dylan Easton. He is versatile and he would be a decent squad player. I think Docherty was assistant manager when Kamberi was at Aberdeen. He is now a free agent and Docherty would get the best out of him in our style of play. 

I'm really surprised that fellow Dees are praising Astley. Part of a defence that has conceded 8 (eight) goals in 2 games. Portales has also been terrible the last couple of games ( at least he has a nice song though 😂 )

Out of all the loans I'd only try to get Mellon back on loan for next season and try to permanently sign Boateng. 

Other players whose time at Dens should be coming to an end are Kerr, Robertson, Ashcroft, Anderson, Legzdins and Pineda.

Sign up Simon Murray and Bruce Anderson to replace Bakayoko and Robinson. Double the effort and double the goals imo. 

Got a feeling we'll be in for Paul Hanlon as well.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Derryboy62 said:

I'm really surprised that fellow Dees are praising Astley. Part of a defence that has conceded 8 (eight) goals in 2 games. Portales has also been terrible the last couple of games ( at least he has a nice song though 😂 )

Out of all the loans I'd only try to get Mellon back on loan for next season and try to permanently sign Boateng. 

Other players whose time at Dens should be coming to an end are Kerr, Robertson, Ashcroft, Anderson, Legzdins and Pineda.

Sign up Simon Murray and Bruce Anderson to replace Bakayoko and Robinson. Double the effort and double the goals imo. 

Got a feeling we'll be in for Paul Hanlon as well.

Are you the Dens Park Choir Twitter admin? :lol:

Edited by capt_oats