All things Dundee FC

Watching Inverness on BBC Alba. 

Anderson looks very decent on the ball but still a bit weak. As for Kerr he's giving it away every time he's on the ball-  the less said the better. He's not even the best right back on the pitch in a Championship relegation play off. The fact he was our number one right back for years is a crime against our club from morons like McPake and something i'll never get over. 

Thank you. 

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Murray couldn't be a hold up man to save his life.

We wouldn't be near top 6 if you swapped Baka for Murray this season.

Murray with 19 goals in all comps this season. No one near that for us, despite us amazingly being okay at scoring goals. 

Could do with pace and perseverance up top, even if he's not as physical as the big lump Bakayoko (who seldom wins headers for a tall guy). 

16 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Murray with 19 goals in all comps this season. No one near that for us, despite us amazingly being okay at scoring goals. 

Could do with pace and perseverance up top, even if he's not as physical as the big lump Bakayoko (who seldom wins headers for a tall guy). 

I like Murray but I don’t think he would score as many for us as he would for Ross County. The goals he scores are usually running through on goal which doesn’t really happen for us. We might change our style of play or formation in the summer.

I’d like us to switch to a 4231 next season and bring in Van Veen who is unable to get into the Kilmarnock team due to the form of the other strikers. He’s powerful whilst being technical and would score many goals given the right opportunities.

9 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

I like Murray but I don’t think he would score as many for us as he would for Ross County. The goals he scores are usually running through on goal which doesn’t really happen for us. We might change our style of play or formation in the summer.

I’d like us to switch to a 4231 next season and bring in Van Veen who is unable to get into the Kilmarnock team due to the form of the other strikers. He’s powerful whilst being technical and would score many goals given the right opportunities.

Van Veen is a great shout but I didn't mention him as we can't afford him. Just like we couldn't afford Robbie Deas. Kilmarnock are paying these guys more than us to sit on their bench. That's the reality of the situation.  

Also Bakayoko is on English league 1 money which means we will have to pay him a lot more than Murray. These are factors which are in play and have to be considered when it comes to picking who to sign. 

I genuinely think we will be starting next season with a completely new team. I'm expecting massive changes to our team/squad and it will then be Tony Docs squad. He's still paying for us (sadly) having a clown like McPake as manager who didn't have a clue. 

10 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

Why? It would be a very weird thing to do given Van Veen wasn't anywhere near as effective when he was playing in a 4231 last season.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

Max Anderson is definitely good enough to be apart of next seasons squad.

57 minutes ago, RiG said:

Gilmour, Anderson and Longstaff must be our worst midfield in a long time.

10 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Anderson must have compromising photos of the gaffer. 

11 hours ago, Ott said:

Between Anderson and longstaff we’ve had two passengers all night 

12 hours ago, Ott said:

Has Anderson gone off? Oh no, he’s just lost the ball. There he is. 

What game were you watching? :lol: 

Edited by RawB93

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Anderson looked pretty good first half of the season, since February onwards though he’s stunk the place out 

Maybe he doesn’t warm to Big Dunc’s ‘management’ style?

1 hour ago, RawB93 said:

What game were you watching? :lol: 

Did you watch the game? Or going by the words of a few Highland morons online raging after a defeat to Hamilton. Anderson was decent last night but was part of a woeful team performance.

Thank you.

I like Anderson, but think we've moved beyond his ability when it comes to him getting a game. He's not what we need if we want to be a team regularly aiming for 9th place or above in the top flight.

Not opposed to having him as a squad player mind you, but it's up to him and Robertson to fight it out for that spot.

12 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Did you watch the game? Or going by the words of a few Highland morons online raging after a defeat to Hamilton. Anderson was decent last night but was part of a woeful team performance.

Thank you.

Yes, I watched the game in full and read the match thread throughout the course so remembered the numerous negative comments there were about him.

I like Anderson, I like his style of play and my preference would always be to have a box to box midfielder in the team. But I agree with @Ludo*1 that the progress of the team/squad in the last year has meant there may not be a place for him anymore. For example, I don't think he's as good as Mulligan who can't get into the team or really influence it when he has done.

My initial post was taking issue with the suggestion that last nights performance proved he was good enough to be playing for a top 6 premiership team next season. He was decent in spells aye, but did he look too good for a relegation threatened team? No, IMO.

Thank you.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I like Anderson, but think we've moved beyond his ability when it comes to him getting a game. He's not what we need if we want to be a team regularly aiming for 9th place or above in the top flight.

Not opposed to having him as a squad player mind you, but it's up to him and Robertson to fight it out for that spot.

5 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Yes, I watched the game in full and read the match thread throughout the course so remembered the numerous negative comments there were about him.

I like Anderson, I like his style of play and my preference would always be to have a box to box midfielder in the team. But I agree with @Ludo*1 that the progress of the team/squad in the last year has meant there may not be a place for him anymore. For example, I don't think he's as good as Mulligan who can't get into the team or really influence it when he has done.

My initial post was taking issue with the suggestion that last nights performance proved he was good enough to be playing for a top 6 premiership team next season. He was decent in spells aye, but did he look too good for a relegation threatened team? No, IMO.

Thank you.

Pretty much would be my view too but, having said that, is he worse than Costelloe?

Edited by Fifespud

Am I the only Dee who is hoping we continue to improve next season and finish in the European places? 

This laughable pish about finishing 9th is good 🤣🤣

We should be aiming to do what St Mirren has done this season and improve and finish in the European places. 

I would like to think that that's what the management team and board will be looking to do next season. 

14 minutes ago, Derryboy62 said:

Am I the only Dee who is hoping we continue to improve next season and finish in the European places? 

This laughable pish about finishing 9th is good 🤣🤣

We should be aiming to do what St Mirren has done this season and improve and finish in the European places. 

I would like to think that that's what the management team and board will be looking to do next season. 

Yep. Tighten up the defence. Couple of new attacking options and push on with (please please please) a cup run.

Thank you. 

6 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Thank you.

There's no way he should be making the starting 11 at Dens, but I'd also rather have him starting or in the squad than Robertson. I thought he was one of ICT's most composed and impressive players last night not that in being so it's much of an achievement. 

Kerr was much worse and people have wanted him to be a starting figure for the last decade. 

Robertson is just appalling IMO. Nice and tidy on the ball granted but as a professional footballer he's dugmeat and runs like he's in quicksand. At Ibrox it was no surprise he was skipped past easily every time whilst we collapsed late on. Get rid in the summer.

If we get a good bid for Cameron I'd be letting him go, trying to bring in Boateng on a permanent with Mulligan given the chance to either step up next season or leave next summer.

Thank you.