All things Dundee FC

30 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Just tell both arse cheeks to f**k off.

It genuinely boils my piss how they get away with using the media to unsettle and tap up players.

My first thought was - we're no playing Celtic this weekend are we?!

On 15/06/2024 at 19:17, Shadow Play said:

Jack Hendry has gone onto become an international player in one the two most successful Scotland sides of the last quarter of a century.  Rumour has it his current salary is also better than most Celtic players.  Are you trying to encourage McCowan to make the move? 

ETA If Celtic do want him and McCowan wants to try his luck elsewhere Celtic will wait until January and sign him on a pre-contract.  Alternatively they will offer an embarrassing Kamara type fee for him which we will likely accept.

If we are to grow as a club we really need to avoid another red face moment like this. 

I had heard a McCowan contract extension was on the cards but that was a while back and nothing has come of it. It's important that we get him signed up or, if there are suitors in the summer, let him go for a fee. I always thought there was more chance of Cameron going this summer. Either way we need to find the right time as a club to know when to sell.

I'd be expecting a few in this week given our friendlies start a week on Saturday.

Most contracts for English-based and Euro players don't expire until the end of June, so I think its likely that if Doc and the team have been scouring for gems from beyond Scotland we are probably not going to see the results of that until next month. Squad is also still a bit on the bloaty side, although its no as bad as it was since they gave rhe heave-ho to the dead wood that was out on loan last seeson.

Personally i just think they are waiting for the latter stages of the Euros to play out so they can poach a few of the star performers 😛

6 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

If we are to grow as a club we really need to avoid another red face moment like this. 

I had heard a McCowan contract extension was on the cards but that was a while back and nothing has come of it. It's important that we get him signed up or, if there are suitors in the summer, let him go for a fee. I always thought there was more chance of Cameron going this summer. Either way we need to find the right time as a club to know when to sell.

I'd be expecting a few in this week given our friendlies start a week on Saturday.

Correct.  We all have to accept that the club will need to sell players and knowing how to get the best fee for them will be important to balance the books. 

The lack of signings so far is understandable given most of our targets will be playing the Euros……  Surely it’s no coincidence I’ve heard @Girth is currently in Germany!……🤔

25 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Correct.  We all have to accept that the club will need to sell players and knowing how to get the best fee for them will be important to balance the books. 

The lack of signings so far is understandable given most of our targets will be playing the Euros……  Surely it’s no coincidence I’ve heard @Girth is currently in Germany!……🤔

Germany Goodbye GIF by Team Coco

9 minutes ago, K.T said:

Was Legzdins not studying business or something to get a new role at the club? Wonder if he will replace Greg. 

That'd clear up the rumours from earlier in the season and make sense tbf.

31 minutes ago, K.T said:

Was Legzdins not studying business or something to get a new role at the club? Wonder if he will replace Greg. 

For some reason I thought it was a director of football course Legzdins was doing?

48 minutes ago, K.T said:

In think he has finished his course. Paul Cowie I don’t think does the same type of job as Greg Fenton so wonder what role he will get at the club. There was a rumour Strachan was stepping down from his role but he will still be involved in the club because of the amount of shares he has in the club.

On 16/06/2024 at 10:57, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Just tell both arse cheeks to f**k off.

It genuinely boils my piss how they get away with using the media to unsettle and tap up players.

That blurb lists other teams looking at him. It's what teams do. Not sure what the big deal is around this, just page filler stuff. 

45 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Are Burnley even back training yet? Give it time.

They thought I was joking when I said they had to wait until Burnley hired a new manager and he decided who could be loaned out.