All things Dundee FC

9 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Not what I'm hearing mate. Good source tells me there's an eery atmosphere around the DFC training ground after there was a wee bust-up between Luke and the manager.

Obviously just going off what I was told so can't guarantee this 100% but it makes you wonder.

This will be in the Sun tomorrow and some people will be calling it a fact.....................

7 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Not what I'm hearing mate. Good source tells me there's an eery atmosphere around the DFC training ground after there was a wee bust-up between Luke and the manager.

Obviously just going off what I was told so can't guarantee this 100% but it makes you wonder.

That's just the ghost of Bobby Cox, often appears when the club are about to do something amusing like tell Hibs to go spin. Anyway surprised you have time to hang around our training ground chatting to the groundsmen given Cove are full time now.

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

Do you know that the leaking hasn't come from Hibs for certain? I don't think it seems too far-fetched to suggest that a prospective buying team would leak it to the papers to try and unsettle the player and force a move through. Wouldn't surprise me if it did come from the agent, mind you, to try and drum up as much interest as possible.

You're right, it has been a circus. Mostly because Hibs are wasting our time with derisory offers. 

I would guess all the press speculation and bid information will be fueled by McNamara, the higher the bid the bigger his fee will be, it's in his interest to have Celtic named even if they are not after Luke in the hope that Hibs make a higher bid.

Are Hibs a bigger club than Dundee - YES.

Are Hibs a step down from Dundee at the moment - YES

Are Hibs an attractive prospect for Cool Hand Luke - NO

If I was Luke McCowan and the only offer I was getting was Hibs I’d stay at Dens and run my contract down - that £750k plus transfer fee disappears and can translate to a bigger wage and larger signing on fee at the multitude of clubs who will be interested when the pay barrier disappears. The only type of move I’d be jumping to now if I was Cowser would be an old firm or an English Championship side chucking around 5 figure weekly salaries. 

He deserves a move and he deserves a move that will set him up for life. Hibs would be a stepping stone for him - but at his age he’s not got many stones left. 

2 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

😂😂😂

2 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

I would guess all the press speculation and bid information will be fueled by McNamara, the higher the bid the bigger his fee will be, it's in his interest to have Celtic named even if they are not after Luke in the hope that Hibs make a higher bid.

Not sure about that last bit, if Hibs think Celtic are involved then Hibs will just walk away and sign somebody else. If it turns out Celtic aren't interested then McCowan likely stays, leaves for free and McNamara doesn't get a cut of any transfer fee.

4 hours ago, K.T said:

I hope for your sake McCowan doesn’t score a winner at Easter Road next week. 

90th minute winner, knee slide straight towards Block Seven. John Nelms runs onto the pitch and hands McCowan a five-year contract which he signs immediately.

Can't wait!

2 minutes ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

Do Ayr get a sell-on fee?

We signed Luke on a free, his contract at Ayr had just finished. They'll be presumably due the entirety of a solidarity payment though, which is roughly 5% spread out between senior teams that develop players until they're 21. If we got a million, they'd get about 50 grand of that.

Carson

Ingram  Portales  McGhee Koumeito

Sylla     
        Robertson                McCowan

Palmer-Houlden    Murray     Tiff

My team for the Airdrie. I’d look to get Astley and Ziyad on if we go a few goals up.

6 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Carson

Ingram  Portales  McGhee Koumeito

Sylla     
        Robertson                McCowan

Palmer-Houlden    Murray     Tiff

My team for the Airdrie. I’d look to get Astley and Ziyad on if we go a few goals up.

Ziyad?

11 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

If Mccowan is away this window, would Doc not have to pull him from the starting line up as a precaution?

He's not away this window unless a club pays what we want, so far that hasn't happened so it's carry on as normal.