All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Fisher & Donaldson Fudge Yum-Yum. The absolute pinnacle of Western Civilisation.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I'll see your yum yum, and raise you the coffee tower.

Thank you.

Fisher & Donaldson! You just can’t hide money!  

I’m more a Goodfellow & Steven Day After type of customer 😎

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Selling youth talent for good money helps us continue to build our academy's reputation which is currently blowing the 'Project Brave' nonsense out of the water - Strachan's plan is easily proving more successful IMO. And it allows us to continue the conveyor belt and help keep current talents at the club.

It's all a positive. It might be a wee bit sore in the future when a youngster we sell for £300k or so becomes a superstar but that's all part and parcel of where we are in the food chain and the players we can sell. If we continue the way we're going, the fees we can get for untested 16 year olds will only increase.

You are part of "project brave" though?

You're currently in the "Performance" level (alongside us), unless I'm missing something?

It just forces you to have a certain amount of qualified coaches etc., in youth teams.

46 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

Extremely suspicious East of Dobbies esque talk.

Good doughnuts tho.

I will admit that F&D are a bit pricier than your usual, but I cannot let such a malicious slander stand - Tip Top on Saturday as per the usual way to sort these things out.

Goodies day after bakery is top quality for butteries and donuts, as well as a pig's ear...

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You are part of "project brave" though?

You're currently in the "Performance" level (alongside us), unless I'm missing something?

It just forces you to have a certain amount of qualified coaches etc., in youth teams.

We're part of the 'Performance' level which is the 3rd tier. You were in the 'Progressive' tier, I thought? We were in the lowest tier for a number of years due to Strachan disagreeing with the philosophy and recruitment needed to get into the 'Elite' tier so we've went our own way with our development. I don't think there's a possibility to 'not' be in it.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We're part of the 'Performance' level which is the 3rd tier. You were in the 'Progressive' tier, I thought? We were in the lowest tier for a number of years due to Strachan disagreeing with the philosophy and recruitment needed to get into the 'Elite' tier so we've went our own way with our development. I don't think there's a possibility to 'not' be in it.

Screenshot_20240829_165341_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cda0ccfef8b0013253b5280c9fa033a9.jpg

I guess you maybe inadvertently moved up a level if you increased your coaches etc.

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Absolutely brilliant, exciting young signings all fighting to get in the 1st team.

'Good times, for a change'

Thank you, Doc, Keyes, Nelmsey, and everyone else.

Totally agree my man, when you consider where we were only two years ago at this time.

I recall the outcry over some of the trialists Gary Bowyer chose to bring in on the financial resources available to him at that time, then have to reject.

So on that score, a massive thank you to Gary Bowyer for what he achieved, giving us the platform we have today.

Also to The Doc for being by far the best since Archie Knox, high praise indeed.

carlsberg.jpg.34749025bd3ad5c23cc4c5a89daa3409.jpg

Hiya Hibeesbounce contributors.

I thought that we had a good relationship as fan groups but calling us idiots, wallopers and the wee team in Dundee, has soured the taste some what.

I really hope none of your comments blow up in your face tomorrow.

6f3ac503f4839adbeaa517e96724785f.gif.776b42e3474df16f307682949d27cded.gif.a0f0b3a64e4275263ca1bfefd9e881b9.gif

Thank you.

7 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

It’s embarrassing not being in the elite level.

Not really, tbh. We also have one of the highest rated youth teams in the Country. I think we've won our league at u18 level twice in a row, with the youngest squad. Only 4 or 5 players over 16 in it.

The "levels" are just a scam to allow the SFA to siphon funds to bigger clubs and ignore smaller clubs.

19 hours ago, AW saint said:

I am in Dundee just now. Got to love Clark's Bakery

Nope highly over rated due to people going there while pished at 2 in morning , anything tastes fantastic while pished at 2am , roughies for rolls and sasij rolls , Nicolls for pehs , n Bridies and fisher n Donaldsons for cakes , Greggs to be avoided at all costs , Baynes okay in a hurry