All things Dundee FC

41 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

Ingram starts for me. Harsh he’s not started the last 2 games. Looks like McGhee’s Doc’s main man. 

Good 1st impression of the Braybrooke. 

A wee bit more experience wouldn’t go amiss. 

Ingram has done nothing wrong since after the United game to not be playing and Docherty is over thinking it in my opinion. McGhee alongside Koumetio would work better in the short term whilst we get defenders back. Portales isn’t cutting it in a back 4 right now, he works best in the right of a back three. 

Edited by Pens_Dark

Probably the better team for 70-75 minutes today, but two utterly avoidable errors in the first half had us playing catch-up all game and considering how hard we tried to hand St Mirren the winner on a plate in stoppage time I can't help but be a bit grateful for the point. Hopefully we're a lot less structurally unsure come our trip to Dingwall in a fortnight, thought we handled the absence of McCowan decently well but can't help but feel we'd have won that with him there. Simon Murray, how you've not scored that 1v1 still has my head spinning. Great save from Balcombe, but c'mon...

Braybrooke looked alright considering he's been thrown into the deep end and hopefully much more to come. Main impressed me today and finally got his first league goal, and big Koumetio looked mostly good until his head knock which forced him off early in the 2nd half. Larkeche looking very suspect again and the LB position looks to have gone from our biggest strength to our weak link at the back. He can make runs for sure though and did well for his goal, Cameron with another excellent pass.

Good time for the international break imo, Doc can figure out how he wants to proceed and we'll hopefully have Clark Robertson and Charlie Reilly back in contention at the very least in a couple weeks' time.

St Mirren still a tough nut to crack, but despite our best efforts they really didn't look like scoring when we weren't handing them goals on a plate, even at the end. Reckon they'll get up to speed pretty soon now that there's no more European ties in front of them.

20 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Ingram has done nothing wrong since after the United game to not be playing and Docherty is over thinking it in my opinion. McGhee alongside Koumetio would work better in the short term whilst we get defenders back. Portales isn’t cutting it in a back 4 right now, he works best in the right of a back three. 

Yip. I've always thought that's what he is, and not a true CB in a back 4. A lot of Mexican football is preoccupied with 3- systems, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he's grown up immersed in and isn't really comfortable playing in a pair. He isn't incisive enough to go and deal with the high ball when it's 1v1, which he'll see more of in a 4, but he's comfortable defending on the deck and can play a bit with the ball. 

23 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tony Docherty on the radio and I quote, 'After the international break, there's another signing coming in.'

After the break, not during? You'd still imagine it'd be Fraser, unless it's Jack getting up to speed training-wise or something. That or the Mexican player rumoured by Mr S on TDBF.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

After the break, not during? You'd still imagine it'd be Fraser, unless it's Jack getting up to speed training-wise or something. That or the Mexican player rumoured by Mr S on TDBF.

I could also see it as him simply meaning the boy we signed last night will be available which is the shittest interpretation of his words but equally valid.

32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tony Docherty on the radio and I quote, 'After the international break, there's another signing coming in.'

Douglas or another LB hopefully. Or it could likely be someone from abroad who is travelling to Scotland.

50 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Left back very suspect today, took his goal well mind you.

Portales all over the place, needs experience beside him holding his hand through the game. 

Cameron was good today and a lovely assist. 

Frustrating how they were in basically every time with a ball over the top today and runners behind picking up the scraps. 

Main probably had his best game for us today.

Overall can’t complain with being unbeaten so far but we are absolutely crying out for Robertson and Shaughnessy to get back for some stability in defence. 

Portales is only good when we have the ball and lots of it. Motherwell at the end of the season and hearts this season he was good but off the ball he is lost. Can’t wait for Clark Robertson to come back as he is a proper CB.

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I don't get that impression from him. There have been plenty times he's gone into a 50/50 so I don't think he's a fearty, I think he's just struggling to adjust to the intensity. Time will tell. I think he has more than enough quality to play in this league, it's a case of whether he can adapt before he gets bombed from the side. We need to persist with him in any case because we don't have another genuine LB and Clark Robertson is needed at CB. Another 45 mins of Koumetio dominating in the air, which is promising, but we need an aulder head back there organising things and on that performance Portales might be the one getting dropped.

I thought he looked slow as feck the first couple of times I saw him and wasn't impressed. Looked a wee bit better today. Moved around more, looked keener. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by f_c_dundee
Typo. Sigh.

We start with a defence of 2 young lads who’ve been at the club for a couple of weeks and have played a handful of first team games between them, an eccentric Mexican who prefers a 5 and a CH jobbing at right back. It didn’t work that well. 

Docherty’s post match interview on Dee TV he said we’ll be stronger after the international break as we’ll have people back from injury and “we’ve added, soon, as you know” dunno if that’s a slip of the tongue that we’ve signed someone unannounced? 

53 minutes ago, K.T said:

Docherty’s post match interview on Dee TV he said we’ll be stronger after the international break as we’ll have people back from injury and “we’ve added, soon, as you know” dunno if that’s a slip of the tongue that we’ve signed someone unannounced? 

We’re defo signing Jack or Fraser imho. We’ve lost Luke and brought in the lad from Leicester. The 2 Burley loanees are totally left field, even they haven’t seen them play properly. It will be a total surprise if either clocks up meaningful minutes. 

The last five minutes were wild as f**k.

Literally had Main, Murray and SPH upfront as a three and left holes everywhere. Only time in the 2nd half Paisley looked dangerous.

Fair enough going for the win but that would lose us the game on most occasions. Unlike Docherty I thought.

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The last five minutes were wild as f**k.

Literally had Main, Murray and SPH upfront as a three and left holes everywhere. Only time in the 2nd half Paisley looked dangerous.

Fair enough going for the win but that would lose us the game on most occasions. Unlike Docherty I thought.

Thank you.

Yeah, gung ho crazy shit, good for the neutral, not for me though, defence needs fixed, back to shipping goals like last season.

Thank you.

Some Internationalists that are free agents that could be the player we are signing:

Romaine Sawyers-CM

Michael Hector-CB maybe a CB will go out on loan.

Wesly Decas- Defensive LB

Sulayman Marreh-DM

Moreto Cassama-DM

Blendi Adrizi-CM

49 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Some Internationalists that are free agents that could be the player we are signing:

Romaine Sawyers-CM

Michael Hector-CB maybe a CB will go out on loan.

Wesly Decas- Defensive LB

Sulayman Marreh-DM

Moreto Cassama-DM

Blendi Adrizi-CM

f**k sakes, this gives me Marrs/Bonettis vibes

’some internationals we could sign’

Wind it in guys, we’re Dundee FC, 

Lets do honest fitba and build this from the ground up 

Id rather we signed no one else

And kept our eye on one important thing 

S T A B I L I T Y