All things Dundee FC

23 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Dodgson didn’t start in his natural position and when he got put in his natural position he was great despite fans being on his back. Larkeche has played both LB and LWB and been poor in both positions.

So he’s shite and that’s it? FFS man. 

5 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Shite In our team/Scottish football

He's played 4 games at this level.

He's had a shaky start, but to write him off already is absolutely wild.

57 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Dodgson didn’t start in his natural position and when he got put in his natural position he was great despite fans being on his back. Larkeche has played both LB and LWB and been poor in both positions.

Nobody was on his back, and he also wasn't 'great'.

Thank you.

eta. Are you Dodgsons dad?

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Nobody was on his back, and he also wasn't 'great'.

Thank you.

eta. Are you Dodgsons dad?

Every body and including me was slating him after his first few appearances. Once he got put at LWB you could see he was talented and effective going forward. He was as good as a Beck replacement available.

8 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

Shite In our team/Scottish football

Your dislike of a young player isn't a great look if you are genuinely linked with an agency, tbh.

Reeks of how Allan Preston only ever praises his clients when commenting on matches.

12 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

I remember Owen beck being described as shite in his first 5 or 6 games , he got slated after the St.Mirren game where McMenemin run rings around him , and again after the st Johnstone game at Perth where he got slated for costing both goals due to his awful positioning,  also in the same Position Nathan Ralph absolutely got a total assassin from fans all over Dundee pages after his first two games  and still got player of the year , give this boy a chance 

Aye, it took Beck a wee while to get to grips with where he was supposed to be after his bombing runs up the pitch, and Dodgson was played in the back 3 his first few starts and still had folk moaning about him being "shite", "not up to the standard required" etc.

The team we've put out over the first month of the season might as well be a completely new 11. Half of the players actually are new signings, and the rest are playing in a system we didn't really use all that much last season, so it's far too early to go writing any single player off, even if they have struggled a bit. It's also a bit unfair to single out defenders specifically, because it's clear that the entire purpose of our set-up is predicated on moving the ball forward quickly and pressuring the hell out of opposition back-lines, something that is automatically going to flatter attacking players while the defenders get left with the shit-work.

On 01/09/2024 at 09:51, AlanPartridge said:

How was Braybrooke? Didn’t see much of him in highlights.

I felt the Paisley hoofball certainly didn't help him get into the game but everything he did was positive and I think he will be a very good addition this season once he gets up to speed/match fitness

Not enjoying Utd sitting above us. Still feel it’s temporary but points mean prizes.

we need to be beating teams we’re better than more regularly 

Im hoping a more solid defence lines up after the break.

Much as I love having a Mexican in our starting line up I’m wondering if, as others have said , the back 4 would work better without him?

The main issue I have with Larkeche is his balance is atrocious. When you're stumbling about or falling on your arse constantly you're of no use going forward or defending. The second St Mirren goal was a fine example, no control over his body positioning so he his clearance ends up being a wild swing at the ball with his weak foot and only manages to clear the ball 10 yards.

Posted on TDBF, looks like McCracken has been added to the Scotland squad or at the least is unofficially training with the squad as per this picture on Sky Sports News:

IMG_3339.thumb.jpeg.421716181cda58cb10e455d6dc22ddbf.jpeg

He's done nothing that makes him look remotely close to being a call-up, but I wouldn't be surprised if Clarke is having a look at him regardless given the absolute paucity of Scots-qualified keepers of any ability whatsoever. 

If Zander bloody Clark can pick up caps, then any Scots lad who owns a pair of gloves is in with a shout.

50 minutes ago, MarkoP said:

Not enjoying Utd sitting above us. Still feel it’s temporary but points mean prizes.

we need to be beating teams we’re better than more regularly 

Im hoping a more solid defence lines up after the break.

Much as I love having a Mexican in our starting line up I’m wondering if, as others have said , the back 4 would work better without him?

Feels like we've dropped 4 points over the past two games. Hibs and St.Mirren both there for the taking, yet we've come away with 1 point each time because a CH has flogged a goal in both matches, we kept giving away free-kicks in front of our goal at Easter Road, and our LB decided to lump it into the middle of the park rather than just twat it out of play. 

I think being generous you can argue that it's unreasonable to expect solid, stingy defence when the back four is in a constant stat of flux and several players are unavailable, but unless we get to grips with the sloppiness and stop conceding stupid goals from self-inflicted mistakes, we're just going to continue to drop points in games we have the better of.

4 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

He's done nothing that makes him look remotely close to being a call-up, but I wouldn't be surprised if Clarke is having a look at him regardless given the absolute paucity of Scots-qualified keepers of any ability whatsoever. 

If Zander bloody Clark can pick up caps, then any Scots lad who owns a pair of gloves is in with a shout.

If we're dismissing Gordon, then I'd say McCracken is currently the 2nd best Scottish keeper around behind Gunn.

I'm not even saying that as a compliment, just that I think he's better than Clark, Kelly and McCrorie.

Embarrassing the complete drop off in quality we've had in the goalkeeping position.

In fairness to him, he's being let down a lot by the shitey defending in front of him, so I don't think the goals conceded count should be held against him. I can't recall him making a genuine howler, which can't be said of Zander Clark, so on that basis alone I think he's the better of the two. I thought his performance did tail off a wee bit towards the end of last season and there were a couple of games where he didn't look too clever, but I also think that's not really a stick to beat a young keeper with if he's playing his first full season of games. 

Edited by Boo Khaki

9 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Been a lot of onions being chopped nearby this week. 

IMG_6822.png

Looked very weird seeing him in green and white yesterday. Can't begrudge him the move at all. Living his boyhood dream. This is a success story for him but also on Docherty's part, saw something in him to change him positionally and I've no doubt coached him to step up to a higher level. Hopefully a long line of success stories to come from Docherty too.

I'm just flapping that Hearts get rid of Naismith and look to him next.....

Edited by Pens_Dark

1 minute ago, Pens_Dark said:

Looked very weird seeing him in green and white yesterday. Can't begrudge him the move at all. Living his boyhood dream. This is a success story for him but also on Docherty's part, saw something in him and I've no doubt coached him to step up to a higher level. Hopefully a long line of success stories to come from Docherty too.

I'm just flapping that Hearts get rid of Naismith and look to him next.....

I've no real logic to base it on, but I reckon we could put up one hell of a fight to keep Docherty away from Hearts. It's always Aberdeen I've been worried about in case he thinks he has unfinished business there but thankfully, they're doing well just now.