All things Dundee FC

I have no doubt David Mitchell will be a good signing for Dundee and wish him all the best . He is only 25 but has been our number 1 for about 5 or 6 years with over 200 appearances which is not bad for his age.

He's still got a bit of learning to do but I'm sure getting coached full time will iron out his weaknesses...excellent shot stopper who makes the odd wonder save and also has good distribution...for me his weakness is sometimes his decision making is poor and he will move to far off his line or come out to challenge an opposing player when he would be better staying in his goal ...but I'm sure full time coaching will iron out his flaws and make him a much better keeper ...all in all I think Dundee have got themselves a cracking keeper who will only get better ..gutted to see him leave Stranraer but delighted for him to get a chance to step up to full time football ...so good luck David and good luck Dundee.

Bit strange the Mitchell signing. He'll be second choice for a whole season at least. Not what you want when you're 25 but suppose you can't sniff at a full time contract.

He's probably eyeing up the 1st team spot for when Bain get bought next summer.

Yup, Bain's not going to be here forever. If Mitchell is good enough, then he has a good opportunity. Also Bain has been injured twice this season already so he might get other chances whilst Bain is here.

Another reasonable, cheap signing. Sorry I never got back to you Deefiant but I don't have more to give than above.

Julen is good for rambling up the pitch with the ball, he's pretty neat from a technical perspective. League 2 is a totally different place but he looked very good there. He won't replace McGinn immediately, but I think he'll be a good enough fringe player.

Edited by bunglebonce

Another reasonable, cheap signing. Sorry I never got back to you Deefiant but I don't have more to give than above.

Julen is good for rambling up the pitch with the ball, he's pretty neat from a technical perspective. League 2 is a totally different place but he looked very good there. He won't replace McGinn immediately, but I think he'll be a good enough fringe player.

Replace McGinn? I thought he was a cb who would be challenging Konrad?

Replace McGinn? I thought he was a cb who would be challenging Konrad?

Yeah, he played CB at East Fife and my instant reaction was that he'd be shifted wide because he's not strong enough for the top flight. But I'm basing that purely on regularly watching EastFifeTV and not seeing him in person. I don't know his height stats.

ETA: 189cm :lol: What do I know.

Edited by bunglebonce

Fabulusio - squad will depend upon Irvine McAlister and McGinn (and possibly Thomson?) but the way things are our first 11 is looking like a significant improvement on season just gone

I thought McGinn was a confirmed no?

I thought McGinn was a confirmed no?

Think he's indicated he's wanting to play in England again but offer still on table I understand. He'll probably recon that he can get more money down south but if an offer doesn't come then he may reconsider. Personally I'm not concerned if he's offski

Plenty cover in defence now. Wondering how everyone is going to fit in? Perhaps with 5 at the back? Maybe McGinn and Holt pushing up the wings with some combination of Konrad/Mcpake/Ghadzalov/Megatt/Leanizbarrutia making up 3 CB's or maybe one just in front playing as defensive mid. The fact we've not signed wingers tells me Hartley will be relying on full backs for width again. With Holt replacing dyer I think we're in a better position to do so.

Anyone fancy predicting our new look lineup?

Predicted line-up with cover in brackets - I would prefer all our youngsters to go out on loan so that is why they do not feature. Better for them to gets lots of game time rather than being on the bench.

Bain (Mitchell)

NcGinn (Irvine) Leano (Konrad, Gadz) McPake (Meggatt) Holt (Meggatt)

Harkins (Boyle, Stewart) McGowan Low (McAlister Thomson Ferry) Stewart (Harkins, Meggatt)

Tank (Harkins Loy)

Hemmings (Loy)