All things Dundee FC

With Celtic going for some safe standing at Parkhead, would this not be great for the Derry? Keeping it safe but also keeping the atmosphere?

Yes it would be great.

No, it will not happen. Quickly off the top of my head - it's expensive to install ( it needs to convert to seating for Euro ties - *insert Dundee in Europe joke here*), we don't own our ground and the landlord has no interest or incentive for any improvements and ,importantly, traditionally standing tickets should be cheaper, so not only are you losing income from a seat*, you will take longer to reclaim the initial outlay.

*unless they allow a greater standing capacity - I'm not aware of this at all and would be dubious in the hse mad world we now inhabit. I'd guess if you can fit 1000 seats in there you will be allowed 1000 to stand - no more.

Yes it would be great.

No, it will not happen. Quickly off the top of my head - it's expensive to install ( it needs to convert to seating for Euro ties - *insert Dundee in Europe joke here*), we don't own our ground and the landlord has no interest or incentive for any improvements and ,importantly, traditionally standing tickets should be cheaper, so not only are you losing income from a seat*, you will take longer to reclaim the initial outlay.

*unless they allow a greater standing capacity - I'm not aware of this at all and would be dubious in the hse mad world we now inhabit. I'd guess if you can fit 1000 seats in there you will be allowed 1000 to stand - no more.

I thought they were having to spend money on safety improvements anyway?

If they get the safe standing in then they would have done safe improvements and we can still do a rhumba!

Win Win.

I thought they were having to spend money on safety improvements anyway?

If they get the safe standing in then they would have done safe improvements and we can still do a rhumba!

Win Win.

I think the cost of installing a small wall/fence probably pales into insignificance against the outlay for this conversion. I don't know much about it but I'm sure someone at the club said it was a massive outlay (potentially on a BBC article where they asked all 12 top flight clubs about it)

Yes it would be great.

If we were to do it I think it would be closed for any potential European match - and so not really a consideration in financial terms. Only way I could see it being allowed is having separate areas in the Derry with separate accesses (available from corner of Provy Rd.). Toilet could be partitioned with access from each area. Don't think fans would mind paying the same for standing. I'm sure it would improve the atmosphere and therefore good all round. Still would cost a fair bit but I recon an investment likely worth making >100k? Will we have to replace current seating with plastic backed seats sometime soon anyway?