All things Dundee FC

Thommo is a class act. By far our best player and dont even see why some of our fans wouldn't have him in there team. Absolutely bossing it.

Holt is different gravy too. Excellent signing!

Paul McGowan is our best player.

He's not though.

Eh, he is. Purely subjective but he's the driving force of our midfield in my opinion, and the midfield is the most important part of our squad considering our strikers are not prolific. We aren't going to agree on this, so let's end this here.

Can anyone pass judgement on Kevin McBride? He's joined Airdrie this evening and will play tomorrow against Annan all being well.

In my opinion he's a great signing for you, especially at that level. He is never flustered, can read the game, break up the opposition attack by being in the right place at the right time and can make a telling pass. However he's not, by some distance, the best player I have seen at Dens.

McBride isn't terrible nor is he excellent. But he'll stroll that league. He's probably about 3 times the player of that daft dab you had last season.

Kevin McBride is the type of player that no matter what level he is playing at, be it in the Premiership or Sunday morning, he'll have fans that love him and fans that hate him.

Thommo is a class act. By far our best player and dont even see why some of our fans wouldn't have him in there team. Absolutely bossing it.

Holt is different gravy too. Excellent signing!

Thought Thomson was very good tonight. Holt might prove to be a good signing however most of Wigans attacking was down his side due to him pushing on. Couple of times he went to far and they were into the massive hole that he had left

RE McBride - if you appreciate accurate but not penetrating passes, ball retention and recovery and a bit of dig you'll love him.

If you want your midfielders to punt it into the corners or over the top as quickly as possible and always look forward you will hate him.

Great for holding onto a lead or probing, not so good when chasing an equaliser/winner.

Kevin McBride is the type of player that no matter what level he is playing at, be it in the Premiership or Sunday morning, he'll have fans that love him and fans that hate him.

Exactly this. The exact same type of player as Thomson and Ferry who, because they won't continually try and pierce a defence with a through ball continually will always have puddledrinkers on their back.

Tankulic loves a friendly - I though he was very good when he came on.

Liked Julen a lot, ferry good again, Thomson is incredible, loy showed a bit more and took his position and goal well.

I'm an Irvine fan generally but he should be back up this year, stupid challenge for the pen and although he is better than McGinn defensively he constantly lumps it up the line to no-one resulting in possession turnover.

Keeper needs to work on his kicking but made a good save.

2 main concerns -

1 - I'm a big fan of holt who has a touch of the Craig Forsyth about him but we need to be careful to cover properly when he breaks up as we were exposed a few times.

2 - still no cutting edge really. Amount of times we shuttled it across the box, then back again only to allow them to get bodies back is disappointing. Twice quite late on Greg Stewart was behind the full back but rather than deliver played it back to holt then to the edge in the middle where we were eventually closed out. If it's going to the edge boys need to be willing and able to hit the target with pace but we all too often tried to walk it in or sclaffed it.

He almost snapped poor Kevin McNaughton in half!

That was quality lol. Hes a protective captain. Whenever a bad challenge against any of our players occurs you can bet that withen the next 2 minutes he will cruch one of theirs. He barely ever losses a 50/50. Usually still wins it when he isnt favourite its just a shame he is injured alot. I suppose if he wasn't he would be nowhere dens.