All things Dundee FC

We didnt take anyone on the entire game until Calder was subbed on then him and Stewart starting trying to go past players.

That's what makes me think the issue is strategic more than anything else. Why would it take the introduction of Calder to make Stewart play his optimal style of it wasn't?

Every man, woman, cat and dog know Stewart's move now. Down the right, cut in, 2/3 touches and curler across the goal. Even with that Defenders know they can't get too close to him so he keeps getting shots when he does it. If you're a true statistician you'd understand the more he does it, the more he will score. So we should be encouraging it, not hindering.

It's all fine and we'll keeping possession and playing the ball on the deck but if you're pretty toothless up front it won't work. Remember a few seasons ago St Mirren getting a lot of credit for the way they played. I thought it was pish, 40 passes across the box and another 20 in midfield means f**k all if it breaks down in the final third. A team like the mighty Saints love this, soak it up then pump you on the break.

Anyway this probably doesn't apply to Dundee so f**k knows why I've posted it.

This was brought to you in conjunction with BoredomGuy. Soz.

Sorry pal, read half of it back and just about fell asleep so added that bit at the end because I thought of you.

Is that a post I've made in the past or did you just make it up?

The thing about football possession is that their is a vast difference between possession football flaunted by the Barca of 08-11 and possession football by Dundee. Notably that Barca and teams of that ilk play to get behind, whereas we play for playing sake. Their isn't an edge or desire to get past a man, or to get the ball in to a dangerous position.

I found myself being extremely frustrated on Saturday (and not just because I'd be pulled away from the drink in Hospo). It's been the only consistent for the majority of our season so far that we are all too happy to play in front of teams without an emphasis on making a goal scoring chance.

I'm all for the 80s Liverpool rhetoric of waiting for the opposition to switch off or make a mistake, but even that requires you taking the shot at a through ball thats slim when it appears they may not be at the races.

This is Dundee's real issue. You need to keep the fans onside, and to do that you must take risks. Thats what good football is about, being willing to take the risk on of going on a run with the ball, trying a bit of skill, playing what many would see as an audacious piece of skill on a through ball, or even a shot that is from outside the 18 yard box.

Watching us is like watching a team where the manager has read the stats that passes over 18 yards are more like to fail than those under that, and that you score 75% of your goals from in the box, so you only attempt shorter passes and to score from in the box, thus nullifing the longer pass and losing out of goals from outside of the box. We need the creativity of Harkins and the audacity of Stewart together with a poacher and a target man to all play together. Unfortunately we don't seem able to find the "right" formation/XI and stick to it.

Pretty much nailed it on the head. The only things I'd add are that Dundee United are shite and RandomGuy is, indeed, boring.

Thank you.

Heard a rumour the night at football training don't no if it's true Greg Stewart signing for rangers at end of season. And east fife striker fash is signing pre contract with Dundee in January ?

If they pay the million quid plus I'm sure he will sign for them.

If not its #unlucks tbh

Heard a rumour the night at football training don't no if it's true Greg Stewart signing for rangers at end of season. And east fife striker fash is signing pre contract with Dundee in January ?

Do Alyth have an U-13's team?