All things Dundee FC

I've had a feeling about Greg Stewart to Rangers since I've heard them mentioning signing players in the summer. Only Celtic and Rangers (after being promoted and given a war chest) could probably afford him in Scotland and Rangers makes a lot of sense. He's a great player in this league and would be very effective in a more dominant team. They would get his best years.

Hope we hold out for plenty of monies.

As long as we get a decent fee - I don't mind Stewart leaving even if it is to Rangers. I think Hartley would be pretty adept at spending a little bit of cash and I reckon, as good as he is, Hartley could replace him.

Sounds weird saying that because he's been awesome but Hartley's got a good eye for a player.

Boy at East Fife is much worse than Murray Deeboy. :(

Well, that was just about to be my argument. Si hasn't adapted simply because he isn't good enough. I said as much before he signed and if you thought he was good enough but this boys worse then I hold out little hope!

I'm much the same as Ludo, if Stewart goes if actually prefer if it were to Rangers (or Celtic) much the same as I hoped Giorgi would get a move there years ago, too. I can't see him making much of an impact down South and he'd be getting a lot of exposure playing for either of those too.

It'd hurt, but he'd still be on tele every weekend :wub:

Well, that was just about to be my argument. Si hasn't adapted simply because he isn't good enough. I said as much before he signed and if you thought he was good enough but this boys worse then I hold out little hope!

I'm much the same as Ludo, if Stewart goes if actually prefer if it were to Rangers (or Celtic) much the same as I hoped Giorgi would get a move there years ago, too. I can't see him making much of an impact down South and he'd be getting a lot of exposure playing for either of those too.

It'd hurt, but he'd still be on tele every weekend :wub:

Murrays much better with the ball. Austins main strengths are his size and pace. Murray a much better player I think.

And tbf Murray walking into a terrible squad in turmoil hasn't helped IMO but that's an argument for another day.

FWIW the Greg Stewart rumours were started by the same Rangers fan who claimed he spoke to O'Halloran at a party and was told he'd signed a PCA to join them in the Summer....

In all seriousness, what sort of fee would we get for Stewart? When does his contract expire?

Deal ends end of next season. Need to get an extension ASAP or he'll be off to some mediocre outfit like Celtic/sevco/Rotherham on a PCA next Jan.

Sell him in the summer I'd want a million minimum tbh.

Deal ends end of next season. Need to get an extension ASAP or he'll be off to some mediocre outfit like Celtic/sevco/Rotherham on a PCA next Jan.

Sell him in the summer I'd want a million minimum tbh.

I'd agree with what you're saying. Can't seem to remember the last time we got a decent fee for a player though?

From what I've been told, he's getting shipped out when the window opens. Is Austin a tall player?! .. So we're effectively signing a heightened Martin Boyle? Yippee..

Yeah he's an absolute unit, looks more suited to a winger in Rugby than a striker in football. Decent enough player but never any better than the bottom 2 leagues, still only 21 years old though so he's quite impressive considering.

Yeah he's an absolute unit, looks more suited to a winger in Rugby than a striker in football. Decent enough player but never any better than the bottom 2 leagues, still only 21 years old though so he's quite impressive considering.

To be fair, you get some players who just hit accelerate to a ridiculous extent when exposed to full time football. He's come from Leven Boys Club and it doesn't seem like he's had much senior coaching. From his best bits which can be found on youtube, you don't really see any blatant limiting factors (which is understandable) but I do get the impression that he might be a bit clumsy.

The important thing is that he comes here without a great deal of hype and gets to work away for a year or two without a great deal of pressure.Many players who have looked distinctly average in the lower tiers have managed the step up before so it's definitely possible but it depends on a bit of luck and attitude.

I do think we will have been watching him for a very long time period.

Steven Doris then?

What have heard from someone who nows fash well is he had plenty offers as a kid from loads of teams but as his mum couldn't afford take him as a single parent and not from Scotland. So he just went played played with his friends at Leven United. Where east fife noticed him the boy has to start somewhere. When east fife played Motherwell in cup earlier in season he destroyed Motherwell defence. As United fan al say Dundee getting a good player here!!