All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Including not knowing that the top league in Holland is ever so slightly higher than Port Vale emoji16.pngemoji16.pngemoji16.png

What a fucking thicko.

That was my point Spud. It'll also be a slightly higher standard than our top league. 

Edited by Yenitit

Have I f**k :lol:
When do your friendlies start? Got any decent ones lined up?

A few. TBH I'm just waiting for the cup game against the dabs. I think we might win 26-1. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet unless we sign another CH.

I guess we'll never know how you'd react if St Johnstone won the top trophy in Scottish football [emoji6]

Probably not, which is why the Scottish win was so big for us.

50 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Calvin Colquhoun.

What's he like? Best Position?

Has he had much of a chance in your first team?

He still under contract with you guys?

Five games for Dundee, loaned to The Binos last season and played 14 games. Now released. Fill your boots. Thank you.

Source: Wikipedia 

Calvin Colquhoun.

Central midfielder, although I think he may have played on the right a couple of times. Certainly not a winger though.

Was always steady enough and didn't look out of place but didn't look spectacular at this level. Could come on to be a good league one or championship player though.

Calvin's a combative central midfielder. Gets stuck in, has a good shot on him. Scored a terrific goal against Hearts U20s at Forfar. Probably wouldn't have broken into our first team but have no doubt he'll do a decent job further down the leagues.

2 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Calvin Colquhoun.

He's the type that doesn't look out of place whether he's playing first team in the top flight or junior. 6/10 player - combative, plenty of effort, but can have the game pass him by (Which is the case with most youngsters). He won't be amazing for you, but he won't be out of place.

56 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Were you chaps talking about signing Kyle Letheren?

He's just signed for Oldham. http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/104276/raring-to-go

Was only linked with us as most of us think we need a back-up goalkeeper, and none of us really know much about our young goalkeepers.

It's possible that McCann has seen enough of Gourlay and Ferrie to judge that one of them will do a job if Bain has to sit out a match or two through injury. 

Based on the players we have been linked with and that none of them (other than Letheren) have been goalkeepers, I've came to the conclusion McCann won't sign a goalkeeper unless an offer comes in for Bain good enough for the club to accept and allow him to leave. There's also talk of him signing an extension, so it looks like we are keeping him for now.

I imagine if Bain does sign an extension it'll either be a year extension or a longer contract with a minimum release clause to ensure he can leave if a decent offer comes in, although if he wants to continue to attract attention of Celtic or someone down south, he'll need to get back to putting in the performances from 14-15 and 15-16 as he wasn't great last year, he was suspect of switching off and letting in stuff he would have saved when in form.

Was only linked with us as most of us think we need a back-up goalkeeper, and none of us really know much about our young goalkeepers.
It's possible that McCann has seen enough of Gourlay and Ferrie to judge that one of them will do a job if Bain has to sit out a match or two through injury. 
Based on the players we have been linked with and that none of them (other than Letheren) have been goalkeepers, I've came to the conclusion McCann won't sign a goalkeeper unless an offer comes in for Bain good enough for the club to accept and allow him to leave. There's also talk of him signing an extension, so it looks like we are keeping him for now.
I imagine if Bain does sign an extension it'll either be a year extension or a longer contract with a minimum release clause to ensure he can leave if a decent offer comes in, although if he wants to continue to attract attention of Celtic or someone down south, he'll need to get back to putting in the performances from 14-15 and 15-16 as he wasn't great last year, he was suspect of switching off and letting in stuff he would have saved when in form.

I'd be raging and question McCann if that was genuinely his plan. Utterly mental with potential to backfire really badly.