All things Dundee FC

Twice but that's under the terrific management of McCoist. A player like Boyd would have had a hat-trick for us today and last week.

Christ I find myself agreeing with you!!!! Some people fail to recognise just how appallingly, dismally, pish McCoist is/was as a manager. With the resources he had available he should have had a first, second and third string of players all capable of going out and beating the opposition in his first two seasons in charge. And,with the same resources, he should have been able to mould a team capable of beating Hearts to the title in the current season. Whilst keeping guys like Telfer onside.

Players like Boyd have suffered under McCoist. The issue is to find a manager to undo the damage and get another season or two out of the likes of Boyd. Can it be done? Possibly.

I agree with Granny and Deejango. Boyd would score a good few goals with the chances we create. We don't have a 6 yard box striker. It showed today and last week. Boyd would have about 5 if he played in today's and last weeks game.

Christ I find myself agreeing with you!!!! Some people fail to recognise just how appallingly, dismally, pish McCoist is/was as a manager. With the resources he had available he should have had a first, second and third string of players all capable of going out and beating the opposition in his first two seasons in charge. And,with the same resources, he should have been able to mould a team capable of beating Hearts to the title in the current season. Whilst keeping guys like Telfer onside.Players like Boyd have suffered under McCoist. The issue is to find a manager to undo the damage and get another season or two out of the likes of Boyd. Can it be done? Possibly.

Agree with that.

With quality players dropping down a division or two they seem to slug out games and get dragged down to the same level as opposition players, get frustrated and lose form.

I honestly think Boyd would score a shitload of goals for any Premiership club.

I've said this on here before but it's worth repeating.

I remember Colin Nish receive the ball in front of the dug outs at Dens with nobody within ten yards of him.

He proceeded to use a combination of his eight foot legs, amazingly high centre of gravity and unparalleled footballing ability to miscontrol said ball, attempt for a second time to get it under control, fail, and have during this hilarious episode got himself so off balance that he collapsed in a heap, all still with nobody near him.

He then claimed for a foul.

I've said this on here before but it's worth repeating.

I remember Colin Nish receive the ball in front of the dug outs at Dens with nobody within ten yards of him.

He proceeded to use a combination of his eight foot legs, amazingly high centre of gravity and unparalleled footballing ability to miscontrol said ball, attempt for a second time to get it under control, fail, and have during this hilarious episode got himself so off balance that he collapsed in a heap, all still with nobody near him.

He then claimed for a foul.

Dyron Daal done similar at us, accept he managed to never actually touch the ball

Martin Boyle with a good assist for hibs , then a typical finish that could have sealed the game for them... Missed the open goal though :(

I like Boyle so far. Should have scored the open goal mate. Can we sign him in the summer?

Has anyone seen Boyle's bird btwarry.png

Edited by Eoin Doyle

I'd have Boyd, but not for a 5 month loan deal in which we pay a sizeable amount of his wages. Simply not worth it.

Agree- would be good for SPL league pay-out IF we made it but he's not that good, hardly development potential and then we'd get post split games against ICT and Hamilton?

For the sake of ending a rather pointless curiosity can any dee tell me why you went from that fairly fancy club badge you had up till 2007/2008 season to the one you now have?

Dee supporting mate claims it was a fan poll that decided it.

Have nicked The Masters post from the Sportscene thread for a bit more info for you

200px-Dundee_FC.svg.png v 175px-Dundee_FC_crest.svg.png

The very first badge to appear on a Dundee strip (52/54) was a simple "DFC", angled from top-left to bottom-right. The following season, we adopted the DFC you see above. So if you're prepared to skip a year, we've simply gone back to where we started.

The one on the left is in fact the club crest which was only seen on blazers and the like until 1987 when it was put on the strips as well. The badge re-appeared in 1996, before becoming a permanent fixture again in 2008.

I'm not sure RE any fan votes etc

For the sake of ending a rather pointless curiosity can any dee tell me why you went from that fairly fancy club badge you had up till 2007/2008 season to the one you now have?

Dee supporting mate claims it was a fan poll that decided it.

Probably to save a fortune on embroidery costs.

The crest is still used on any official correspondence on letterheads and stuff.