All things Dundee FC

Jury is still out for me. Didn't impress me in the one pre-season game that I attended, but more than happy to have him signed up if McCann believes in him.

Just a goalkeeper and striker to go, although I know some would like another CH, I think Waddell is covering that spot till Julen is back.

I see. Sadly I seen him against Brechin and he was pretty bad.

Time will tell

I only saw him against Arbroath and that day he was by far one of the best players on the park. Can only go by what I've seen!

38 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Wasn't a hard question. Was looking for just a simple answer.
The best thing the Americans have done was sack Hartley and replace him with McCann. That was a masterstroke. Apart from that the jury is still out for me regarding them

Sorry I thought your question was fairly easy to answer tbh. 

The best thing was promotion. 

Burst out laughing when I saw that bit. He's some boy, aye.
Brought this to mind:
LOTRSauron2.gif

Imagine when he asked McCann what the rules were.

'No rules today, Gowser... Dear God! Someone get that pocket knife off him!'

9 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Have you got a link that shows where the money was spent. Was having a nosey earlier but can't find anything to say where the money was spent. The lease of 200 thousand a year for the ground is quite a steep bill.
Promotion and top 6 finish was tremendous. However having the balls to sack your manager with 5 games to save your season for it to pay off is pretty awesome.

Of course I don't have that information, you quoted me and I replied. If I recall correctly we made a loss the previous season so I'd imagine they would like to recoup their money which is fine by me. 

I'm all for praising people when they done something wrong and putting the boot in when they've not. Yesterday the club done right by the youngster's who follow us and were deservedly praised. 

Edited to say you're right about it being a big decision about Hartley and thankfully it's worked out well. 

Edited by Yenitit

21 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

In NM we trust. 

Can in "such and such we trust" not be a thing this time? He's a manager not a religion.

I think all Dees can agree the only thing we should truly be putting our faith in is the ten commandments:

1. Thou shalt consider blue as superior to tangerine.
  2. Thou shalt laud the signing of at least one comedy duffer a season.
  3. Thou shalt think the new strip inferior to 1996/7s.
  4. Thou shalt always be confused when a fermer considers himself a footballing rival.
  5. Thou shalt buy-a-brick or twa.
  6. Thou shalt remember the day of my prophet 02.06 by celebrating loudly at the 16:48th hour.
  7. Thou shalt renounce Skeletor and all his ways.
  8. Thou shalt Derry rhumba often.
  9. Thou shalt be box office.
  10. Thou shalt be a dee till thy die.

And of course the 11th bonus commandment.

11. Liking Morrissey is also acceptable.

Edited by The Algebraist

Have you got a link that shows where the money was spent. Was having a nosey earlier but can't find anything to say where the money was spent. The lease of 200 thousand a year for the ground is quite a steep bill.
Promotion and top 6 finish was tremendous. However having the balls to sack your manager with 5 games to save your season for it to pay off is pretty awesome.

Here's the financial report.

http://dundeefc.co.uk/news/dundee-fc-directors-report-financial-statements-year-ended-31-may-2016/

Appreciate that. Cheers. Lots of bills going out with wage bill very high. Not being in top 6 was a big blow. So I guess we presume ( yes presume ) the peanuts we got for our 2 best players went to these bills.
Surely we would be looking to make some money from selling Bain since he has a season left and not looking likely to sign another contract or we just let him go for nothing.

Just goes to show how big a difference a few league places can make financially.

Bain could easily gain us 8+ points this year with the saves he makes. A tricky one if you ask me as can see the point in offloading as well for a fee.

Maybe a McCann will work his magic on him and convince him to stay.

Can in "such and such we trust" not be a thing this time? He's a manager not a religion.
I think all Dees can agree the only thing we should truly be putting our faith in is the ten commandments:
  1. Thou shalt consider blue as superior to tangerine.
  2. Thou shalt laud the signing of at least one comedy duffer a season.
  3. Thou shalt think the new strip inferior to 1996/7s.
  4. Thou shalt always be confused when a fermer considers himself a footballing rival.
  5. Thou shalt buy-a-brick or twa.
  6. Thou shalt remember the day of my prophet 02.06 by celebrating loudly at the 16:48th hour.
  7. Thou shalt renounce Skeletor and all his ways.
  8. Thou shalt Derry rhumba often.
  9. Thou shalt be box office.
  10. Thou shalt be a dee till thy die.
And of course the 11th bonus commandment.
     11. Liking Morrissey is also acceptable.

I'm prepared to trust him implicitly until he makes 1 f**k up. Then he'll be a complete c**t and will need to be sacked.

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Bain I'm not going to argue about as the facts are out there. Last season he was poor. Hopefully he plays to his best like he was a few seasons ago.

On a good note he didn't concede against Brechin.

We need a back up keeper certainly unless one of the youngster's are ready for the step up.

They've had a few 'keepers in training and it's definitely the plan to have someone else come in. Gourlay is likely to head back out on loan.