All things Dundee FC

I think McCann is doing alright, and he is building a young decent side, people need to be patient and stop the knicker wetting, we deserved at least a draw tonight.

If we don't pick up 3 points on Saturday, we'll have less points than we did this time last season under Hartley.

McCann is getting an easy time because of who he is and because he has brought some well abled players in irregardless of results.

7 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Hartley had us in top 6 with his own players.
Mccann has brought his own players in and we are gonna be fighting for relegation.
However I don't wanna speak about the past, what's the point ?

Why mention it then? What are you trying to say here? Hartley was better?

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

If we don't pick up 3 points on Saturday, we'll have less points than we did this time last season under Hartley.

Its a 'must win' defo. I believe we will hammer them though.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

This is a far superior side to the shite Hartley put out. IMO.

I agree, and I agree that the football on a whole(bar tonight) has been much more enjoyable.  At the end of the day it amounts to absolutely f**k all if you're losing games.

6 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Amazing how people can see a game so differently. I thought Haber was horrific tonight. He doesn't show to feet, doesn't run in behind and offers nothing at all when in possession.

The experiment certainly didn't work playing them both together, we can agree on that.

That's exactly how I saw it. That header he had near the end should've been powered towards goal with the defender left on his arse. 

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

Yet the 12 yard miss Moussa should of burst the net.
Least we can agree our strikers are the weakest link in the team and McCann brought in his own two.

Could've just took a touch and rolled it in the corner. AJLS was a last minute throw of the dice imo. Any chance someone, somewhere will take Vincent, Williams, El Bahktoui, Moussa and Haber off our hands?

I think Hemmings and Stewart hid a lot of problems in Hartley’s first two seasons in the top flight.   Imagine if the current team had Hemmings and Stewart.  

If we can just get a striker and / or at the very least a goal scoring winger that would make all the difference.

What position does Williams play :whistle

10 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Could've just took a touch and rolled it in the corner. AJLS was a last minute throw of the dice imo. Any chance someone, somewhere will take Vincent, Williams, El Bahktoui, Moussa and Haber off our hands?

The wages Williams and Vincent are meant to be on - no chance.  No, they will hang in there taking their pay and contributing very little.  Can’t blame them I suppose.  If they were to leave they could only drop a league or two and get paid a lot less into the bargain.  Even if Hartley gets Falkirk promoted I doubt he would want them in his team now that he has seen first hand how bad they are.

1 hour ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

So here's my thoughts on the game tonight.

Firstly, Bain has well and truly kept us in that game. Some brilliant saves, he's clearly first choice and although he makes mistakes, calls for him to be dropped for someone completely untried as unjust. 

Secondly, hopefully tonight make people realise why Haber hasn't been, and shouldn't be, starting games. His movement in the second half was utterly appalling. He must be a dream to mark for any semi competent defender.

Thirdly, I've been saying it all season but O'Dea is done. He's a complete bomb scare and gives away needless fouls and bookings time after time - we were so much more composed without him on the park.

Now on to the game. I thought Dundee were bullied for the first 20minutes of the game, Motherwell are big, physical and play completely eye bleeding football - but it was effective for the first 20minutes. After that the game settled down and really petered out into nothingness, will be interested to see Moussa's disallowed goal again as from the Bobby Cox there didn't look too much wrong with it. 

I thought Moussa put himself about well and at least puts in a shift. His chance in the first half looked like a good one, but again i'd need to see it again. One thing i'd say is that at least he gets himself into positions to score - Haber doesn't do anything of the sort.

Deacon had his worst game I've seen this season. 

Spence puts in a shift but technically isn't great.

Thought the defence was pretty settled once captain stupid went off, and looked a lot more in control. 

Curran is great going forward, but was rinsed numerous times by their left winger. A combination of him and Kerr would be a right footed Tierney but unfortunately they both have limitations. 

Kamara is just a class act we should enjoy him while he's here as he'll be off ski in the summer. 

I thought the game changed when AJLS and McGowan came on and both, to me, have shown they are starters. Although I actually agree with dropping AJLS as I've said earlier. 

It's a poor result against a team who are now third in the league - which speaks volumes for the standard of football as they were horrific. Saturday now becomes a must win game. 

For me the best team is now, with Allan out:

Bain

Curran/Kerr

Meekings

Hendry

Waddell

McGowan

Kamara

Spence

AJLS

Moussa

That's 10, you're bad enough with 11 ;)

2 hours ago, DieDee said:

With O'Dea off and Waddell on we had a clean sheet and had a dubious decision against a goal - does anyone know why it was chalked off? From the time McGowan was on we were the better team. I'm not too doom and gloom yet but McCann needs to see the obvious 

It looks like the Ref is saying that Moussa pushed the defender in the back right before the header. Dubious doesn't do it justice, it was a perfectly clean goal. If the contact that occurred there between Moussa and the defender negates a goal then we may as well pack in playing football as the whistle would be blown to stop play on every single cross floated into the box of every single professional football game. 

Maybe Nelms needs to fire off one those Rangers style 'the world is against us' letters to the SFA.

Btw, who dropped the elbow on Meekings?? Was it Bowman?? 

Edited by CanadianDee

O'Dea needs to be stapled to the bench. Our younger defenders are not only faster, stronger,  and technically better, but they are way more mature than he is in disposition. I've had it with him.

Deacon seems to be getting worse with each game, how is this possible?

Haber's got the pace of a turtle with a piano strapped to its back, but we've seen him play better than what he did tonight. You might have thought he would've had a fire in his belly tonight after having the manager tell him in pre-season that he expects more from him, and then he gets injured, and on his first game back he saunters around the pitch. Deary me.

Moussa is certainly a huge disappointment, but tbf he did have a legit goal chalked off tonight, and although there is nothing we can do about it at least we know he is capable of doing something at this level.

One thing is for sure, and that is that AJLS, and McGowan need to be on from the start. AJLS is clearly our biggest goal threat, and McGowan brings a lot of energy and fight, and that we definitely need.

In addition to our strongly worded 'Rangers style' letter to the SFA about the mistreatment of our club due to disallowing good goals, and allowing the 'Well to fling their elbows about almost fatally injuring Meekings, I propose we adopt the Hibs emergency loan signing policy of last season despite them (last year), and us this year having a squad of about 27 players. Maybe we can get a couple of strikers in due to the 'emergency' of not being able to score. 

Edited by CanadianDee

It looks like the Ref is saying that Moussa pushed the defender in the back right before the header. Dubious doesn't do it justice, it was a perfectly clean goal. If the contact that occurred there between Moussa and the defender negates a goal then we may as well pack in playing football as the whistle would be blown to stop play on every single cross floated into the box of every single professional football game.  

Tbf we had a goal disallowed for an identical reason and Dundee fans were all telling us it was a stick on to be disallowed..