All things Dundee FC

Just now, Yenitit said:

Some comeback fae the laddie. The old ‘ahh I tricked you all ‘ line after a monumental f**k up. 

Aye, I thought that doozie was reserved for Rangers and Celtic supporting fuckwits, but this dipshit seems to have broken the mould. Tremendous scenes. 

3 minutes ago, K.T said:

Because you’re spending money you can’t afford to, on magic beans that won’t grow.

That is the way Sevco, Dundee, Motherwell & Falkirk do things, again you are making a wild guess, the inclusion into Project Brave will be of minimum expense to Accies.

We had all of the staff requirements met before Project Brave was public knowledge, we have access to indoor facility at Ravenscraig, in the future I think the club will have this facility of their own, so in comparison to Dundee who met little of the criteria set out it will not be a huge expenditure for Accies to be part of it.

Not once is their a shred of evidence that points to Accies being cheats unlike Dundee FC.

Ok, think I've got it...club overspends to seek an advantage over others or for whatever reasons, can't pay players, can't fulfil fixtures (costing other clubs income) but doesn't go into admin therefore not cheats.
Keep telling yourself that.

7 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That money won't launder itself you know.

The money used to service the continued operation of our Youth programme was attained by investment made by the clubs owner in the implementation of an artificial surface, this allowed the club to provide an extensive community coaching programme in conjunction with the academy programme.

With both these courses being facilitated at the same venue, it enabled our Academy director to identify young talent from the community programme and integrate them into the Academy system, one such instance resulted in a young lad representing  us in a second tier fixture whilst he was 14, on the back of this that young lad was poached by Sellick, the fee involved has never been disclosed but knowing how well the club have fared in the transfer market with the two James's, big Easton and Stephen Hendrie I would assume it was substantial.

The money raised from these transfer's helped maintain this Development Programme & repaid the owner the money spent by him managing sizeable debts accrued by the club under previous boards. 

To summarise, to meet the criteria of Project Brave will not require much financial outlay by the club, because most of the requirements were already in existence, our only outlay granted it will be sizeable, will be the construction of an indoor facility, which will not be rushed due to the availability of Ravenscraig.

2 hours ago, happyaccie said:

The money used to service the continued operation of our Youth programme was attained by investment made by the clubs owner in the implementation of an artificial surface, this allowed the club to provide an extensive community coaching programme in conjunction with the academy programme.

With both these courses being facilitated at the same venue, it enabled our Academy director to identify young talent from the community programme and integrate them into the Academy system, one such instance resulted in a young lad representing  us in a second tier fixture whilst he was 14, on the back of this that young lad was poached by Sellick, the fee involved has never been disclosed but knowing how well the club have fared in the transfer market with the two James's, big Easton and Stephen Hendrie I would assume it was substantial.

The money raised from these transfer's helped maintain this Development Programme & repaid the owner the money spent by him managing sizeable debts accrued by the club under previous boards. 

To summarise, to meet the criteria of Project Brave will not require much financial outlay by the club, because most of the requirements were already in existence, our only outlay granted it will be sizeable, will be the construction of an indoor facility, which will not be rushed due to the availability of Ravenscraig.

^^^Like I said.

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

^^^Like I said.

Whereas for Dundee to meet the criteria they would be starting from scratch, an expense your BoD have decided is unjustifiable, that is of course the boards perogative.

But clubs like Dundee and many others have to be realistic, the prospect of being remotely competitive in the Scottish game nowadays requires more clubs to follow the model currently in operation at Hamilton.

With the lack of finances in the Scottish game, I would be realistic in believing only Sellick would be comfortable spending cash in a transfer window.The rest of the clubs mainly deal in cast offs from other clubs either in the form of free  transfers or loan deals.

The set-up at NDP not only gives us youths who have been indoctrinated into the clubs footballing philosophy, but also if their talent flourishes they may move on for good money like the youngsters we have sold, the transfer fees received from these sales have kept Accies afloat.

I am not saying this because I am a Hamilton fan I would have the same opinion if the situation was the complete opposite, imo investment in youth is the only way for a provincial club to survive/progress.

4 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Whereas for Dundee to meet the criteria they would be starting from scratch, an expense your BoD have decided is unjustifiable, that is of course the boards perogative.

But clubs like Dundee and many others have to be realistic, the prospect of being remotely competitive in the Scottish game nowadays requires more clubs to follow the model currently in operation at Hamilton.

With the lack of finances in the Scottish game, I would be realistic in believing only Sellick would be comfortable spending cash in a transfer window.The rest of the clubs mainly deal in cast offs from other clubs either in the form of free  transfers or loan deals.

The set-up at NDP not only gives us youths who have been indoctrinated into the clubs footballing philosophy, but also if their talent flourishes they may move on for good money like the youngsters we have sold, the transfer fees received from these sales have kept Accies afloat.

I am not saying this because I am a Hamilton fan I would have the same opinion if the situation was the complete opposite, imo investment in youth is the only way for a provincial club to survive/progress.

Aye right, how do you explain the roles of some of the most distasteful people ever to grace Scottish football (and that takes some doing) being involved in the club?