All things Dundee FC

Don't want to sound disrespectful but a 22 year old with under 50 first team apperances having a high value placed on his head by McCann is crazy. Every club are well within their rights to place a price tag onto a player who is under contract to them, and I respect Dundee for sticking to their guns, but looking at it realistically the lad has had three clubs in four seasons plus two loan periods. He has obviously failed to make the grade with Wigan which would suggest they detected deficiencies in his game and didn't feel he was worthy of retaining to work on his weaknesses and they opted to release him.
Dundee have been the beneficiaries of Wigan's decision as he has found a level he has made an impression in, but to place an unrealistic value on the guy is imo wrong, our business model is to unearth young talent, then give them opportunities that provide a platform for personal advancement within the game. 
As I have said fair dues to Dundee standing firm in their beliefs that he is worthy of a higher value transfer fee but for me he is in the process of establishing himself as a first team player and Dundee's valuation may never be matched.
Can I ask you as guys who see young Hendry week in week out what you think would be the lowest figure Dundee would consider concluding a deal at ?

Nobody here gives the remotest fuçk what you think because you’re a w****r. Now fućk off please.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's what Celtic apparently already offered.

That's interesting then, if that was the bid I would take two things from it being rejected

1 - McCann obviously thinks his potential exceeds his current value in my mind.

2 - Dundee must be in a healthier financial position than I thought if they could knock back &500K

Being honest I hate putting a value on other clubs players, but I think his lack of experience tempers any prosects of securing a huge fee. Based on my limited live game time I have seen the guy in i do rate him, would probably say £500K would be a fair price, but with Sellick desperate to acquire CB cover in this window you can probably squeeze more out of them.

I think it was 500k we got for Greg Stewart so it wouldn’t surprise me if the club took something close to that tbh. Losing him would have as big an impact as losing GS so it would be a brave decision to sell him in the window.

Just now, Daydream said:

I think it was 500k we got for Greg Stewart so it wouldn’t surprise me if the club took something close to that tbh. Losing him would have as big an impact as losing GS so it would be a brave decision to sell him in the window.

How long is he contracted for ? 

1 minute ago, happyaccie said:

Being honest I hate putting a value on other clubs players, but I think his lack of experience tempers any prosects of securing a huge fee. Based on my limited live game time I have seen the guy in i do rate him, would probably say £500K would be a fair price, but with Sellick desperate to acquire CB cover in this window you can probably squeeze more out of them.

Hendry is worth far more than £500,000.  He is a centre half that can do the usual very well - tackling,  headering the ball etc.  Over and above that he reads the game exceptionally well and is extremely comfortable with the ball at his feet.  There are not many centre halfs that have all of these qualities.    Taking all that into consideration £500,000 is far too low IMO.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Hendry is worth far more than £500,000.  He is a centre half that can do the usual very well - tackling,  headering the ball etc.  Over and above that he reads the game exceptionally well and is extremely comfortable with the ball at his feet.  There are not many centre halfs that have all of these qualities.    Taking all that into consideration £500,000 is far too low IMO.

I take your points on board, and normally would probably be in full agreement. he reminds me of a young Alan Hansen the only negative is he is relatively unproven, some youngsters have purple patches early in their careers and find it a burden to retain those high standards in subsequent seasons, in fact you had a good example of that playing for you today Scott Allan.

If we’d given all our dosh away to the son of a deceased African diplomat we might have to have a fire sale of our best and biggest asset. Thankfully we haven’t.

We have 6 months to play with with Hendry and he really could be the difference between us being in the play offs instead of Hamilton. It’s 7 figures or we will take our chances in the summer, when we can properly recruit a replacement, in my opinion. I couldn’t give a fučk what any other team sold any other player for. Hendry looks to be a very rare talent.

13 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

If Hendry is worth £1.5m to Dundee then thats what other clubs need to pay regardless of what they think his value is. 

If other clubs dont value him at that amount then they wont buy him. 

End of.

Spot on Johnny. Relegation would result easily in a loss of revenue of £1M. Hendry is key to the type of football we play. 

Also, 8 points away from bottom and 3 points away from top 6 looks a bit better than a few months ago. 

McCann saying in his interview that he is looking to get someone in and let nobody leave, hopfully that someone is a decent striker and we can keep moving up the table.

Also, 8 points away from bottom and 3 points away from top 6 looks a bit better than a few months ago. 
McCann saying in his interview that he is looking to get someone in and let nobody leave, hopfully that someone is a decent striker and we can keep moving up the table.

I have a feeling it's the boy I posted yesterday. It was reported that terms were agreed between him and Crawley a few days ago yet there has been no announcement. That would suggest to me that we've jumped in at the last minute.

I have a feeling it's the boy I posted yesterday. It was reported that terms were agreed between him and Crawley a few days ago yet there has been no announcement. That would suggest to me that we've jumped in at the last minute.
Negotiations have broken down with Crawley apparently. Stalled on the offer.