All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I have a feeling it's the boy I posted yesterday. It was reported that terms were agreed between him and Crawley a few days ago yet there has been no announcement. That would suggest to me that we've jumped in at the last minute.

What was his name again?

2 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Jack Hendry reminds of Watching John Stones. Hs athletic, tall, composed on the ball and isnt afraid to tackle. I hope Dundee hold out for a decent fee because we sold big Liam Lindsay too cheaply and already English premiership teams looking at him.

He's very much in the John Stones mould. He's not scored many goals - especially when you compare him to Lindsay's outrageous tally up here - but he's excellent defensively, drives forward a lot and is great at picking a pass. He's an absolutely fantastic talent and for me ticks all the boxes of a centre half.

I think both will be capped within the next few years and are more than capable of playing in the premier league.

6 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

He's very much in the John Stones mould. He's not scored many goals - especially when you compare him to Lindsay's outrageous tally up here - but he's excellent defensively, drives forward a lot and is great at picking a pass. He's an absolutely fantastic talent and for me ticks all the boxes of a centre half.

I think both will be capped within the next few years and are more than capable of playing in the premier league.

Actually funny that 2 seasons ago Hendry and Lindsay started our first few games of the season together as our centre half pairing.

Im sure we sold him for abot 200,00 to wigan. Be nice to see them both capped for scotland in the future. ..

Propably the funniest thing for yous is that im sure we signed him from the arabs on a free.

47 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Actually funny that 2 seasons ago Hendry and Lindsay started our first few games of the season together as our centre half pairing.

Im sure we sold him for abot 200,00 to wigan. Be nice to see them both capped for scotland in the future. ..

Propably the funniest thing for yous is that im sure we signed him from the arabs on a free.

Oh you’s did. Let’s all be thankful to Jackie McNamara for that. 

Jack Hendry and Liam Lindsay would complement each other extremely well I'd imagine. I can see them becoming a formidable partnership for Scotland. Hendry needs game time though and I think a move to Celtic would potentially stifle his progress.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jack Hendry and Liam Lindsay would complement each other extremely well I'd imagine. I can see them becoming a formidable partnership for Scotland. Hendry needs game time though and I think a move to Celtic would potentially stifle his progress.

It would increase his chances of a Scotland call-up, though, for no reason other than he's on Celtic's books (note: not "plays for Celtic"). 

It's amazing to think how far he's come since being a rather poor trialist against Arbroath. Just as well McCann was prepared to give him a chance instead of having the same view as most of the Dundee fans at Gayfield that day.

43 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
48 minutes ago, The Master said:
It would increase his chances of a Scotland call-up, though, for no reason other than he's on Celtic's books (note: not "plays for Celtic"). 
It's amazing to think how far he's come since being a rather poor trialist against Arbroath. Just as well McCann was prepared to give him a chance instead of having the same view as most of the Dundee fans at Gayfield that day.

People thought Moussa was good against Cowdenbeath because he got a hatrick . Mccann still thinks he is good

Fair point, although our support does have a tendency to raise players like Moussa to almost legendary status with very little basis. For him it was (initially) his celebration against Raith, then his hat-trick against Cowdenbeath*. 

Before him came Yordi whose only goal was against an utterly horseshit Forfar in the League Cup. I genuinely can't remember why he was put on his pedestal. 

*Maybe he only plays well against Fife teams. 

Edited by The Master

So you think he is more than capable of playing in the premier league based on half a good season with one of the weaker teams in the scottish premier league? This is the guy that didn’t quite make it last time with wigan. Comedy.

From a scottish perspective, i hope he become as good as you say as we have no centre halves but not sure how you can say that thus far

So you think he is more than capable of playing in the premier league based on half a good season with one of the weaker teams in the scottish premier league? This is the guy that didn’t quite make it last time with wigan. Comedy.

From a scottish perspective, i hope he become as good as you say as we have no centre halves but not sure how you can say that thus far

The comment of a DAB that's not seen him play.

The comment of a DAB that's not seen him play.

Agreed I have not seen him play. But not many players move to Wigan and fail (aware he was not a complete failure) then move to Dundee and have a good season and suddenly become good enough to play for a english premier league. I hope I am wrong as Scotland is in dire need of decent centre halves

You only have to look at Andy Robertson to see how quickly a player’s fortunes can change. From the biggest basket case club in Scotland to the Liverpool first team in 2 quick hops.

Not a bad comparison but Robertson was quite clearly going to be a special player. He was head and shoulders above most players in the league. I hope hendry does turn out to be as good as you say but would be a daft move to go to the likes of celtic or bournemouth at the moment.

2 hours ago, Aufc said:

Yes. He's an exceptional talent and has everything you'd look for in a centre half.

The boy's in his early 20s and organises the defense, telling the likes of Josh Meetings what he should be doing. 

I full believe he's more than capable of playing for a top, top league. Which is something I've not said for any of our players for what feels like ages.