All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Nobody been linked with Kamara. An outstanding player. His composure and pass for the winner yesterday was class.

There was something about Reading a few months back.

Pretty sure teams will be watching him and he'll go in the summer. Definitely cut out to play a few levels above and he'll go on and do well for himself. Very tough for a player of that style to adapt to the Scottish game but he's really come on superbly. Just want to see him maybe be a bit more confidence going forward and taking a couple more risks as I think he's good enough to inflict a bit more damage.

6 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:
16 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:
Celtic have bid £750,000.

Unless it includes a decent sell on clause and a loan back till the end of the season, that can get right into the fucking sea.

We can’t get a loan back from Celtic unless we either send Scott Allan back, or sign him permanently. 

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

We can’t get a loan back from Celtic unless we either send Scott Allan back, or sign him permanently. 

Easy way round that though. Can just set the date for him to move in the summer and Celtic can compensate him for the higher wages they've agreed with a signing on bonus or something like that.

I'd be pretty pissed off if we folded in that regard and they used that as an excuse as there are many ways to easily navigate round that.

I said earlier in the thread that Hendry would be best staying at Dundee untill the end of the season as he hasnt played a great amount of games in his career. However given that we signed a defender who got injured straight away I cant see it being part of any agreement now. Defence was the biggest issue for us at the start of the window but now it appears to be needing a goalkeeper and a striker due to more injuries so you might find we will cool our interest a bit now anyway.

I said earlier in the thread that Hendry would be best staying at Dundee untill the end of the season as he hasnt played a great amount of games in his career. However given that we signed a defender who got injured straight away I cant see it being part of any agreement now. Defence was the biggest issue for us at the start of the window but now it appears to be needing a goalkeeper and a striker due to more injuries so you might find we will cool our interest a bit now anyway.

ie. Unsettle him

3 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

ie. Unsettle him

Any bid can unsettle a player if they want to go. Same happened with Moussa, Gordon and Van Dijk before him, its not unique to diddy teams despite the greeting that goes on here about Celtic making bids for scottish players.

Any bid can unsettle a player if they want to go. Same happened with Moussa, Gordon and Van Dijk before him, its not unique to diddy teams despite the greeting that goes on here about Celtic making bids for scottish players.

" Diddy" is a relevant term my friend.
You lot are also the Diddy team when dealing with the big boys.

1 minute ago, bobbycoxblue said:

" Diddy" is a relevant term my friend.
You lot are also the Diddy team when dealing with the big boys.

Agreed, financially compared to EPL we are relative diddys, we also accept bids coming in is inevitable if the team and players are doing well. Its standard to start off well below the clubs valuation to test the water I just find it amusing that scottish clubs seem to think it is unique to them when Celtic come calling.

Agreed, financially compared to EPL we are relative diddys, we also accept bids coming in is inevitable if the team and players are doing well. Its standard to start off well below the clubs valuation to test the water I just find it amusing that scottish clubs seem to think it is unique to them when Celtic come calling.

Personally , have no issue with it. That's business.
My gripe will be if our American owners fall for it.

You're making some valid points. The fact of the matter is Hendry isn't going to go straight into the Celtic team if he goes in this window. My thoughts are that Celtic are trying to get him this window purely just so that they get in before any English clubs do. If Dundee have any balls they'll turn down any bid less than £1m. His value isn't going to depreciate between now and the summer so if Celtic are prepared to pay £750k now they'll offer it again in the summer. Hopefully the board stand their ground.

9 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

You're making some valid points. The fact of the matter is Hendry isn't going to go straight into the Celtic team if he goes in this window. My thoughts are that Celtic are trying to get him this window purely just so that they get in before any English clubs do. If Dundee have any balls they'll turn down any bid less than £1m. His value isn't going to depreciate between now and the summer so if Celtic are prepared to pay £750k now they'll offer it again in the summer. Hopefully the board stand their ground.

Yeah I would have agreed a few weeks ago it would make sense to get him now and let him play at Dens until the summer. However we are starting to play 3 at the back more often now with only 3 fit recognised centre halfs, one of which cant really play twice a week. Because of this Dundee could play hardball more knowing that we are a bit short and will struggle to get anybody else of note at short notcie.

Edited by gannonball

48 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

That’s how I see it. Celtic will be looking upon it as if Hendry has another good 12/18 months they’ll ship him on for a tidy profit.