All things Dundee FC

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I won't confess to being an expert in such things but could a 'no recall' option not have been put in the contract?

Not really sure if that actually exists. Think it's just as simple as having the right during the window. I don't think there's any mechanism that is enforceable in terms of stopping the registration being passed and anything agreed would be a civil thing.

My hunch is that this might be a play Celtic have cooked up with an old friend to put pressure on us for Hendry. Even the Bain interest may be partially to muddy the waters too IMO. I get a feeling something is maybe going on in the background today. The million pound bid may be enough alone but I am conditioned to think that when you hear a headline about a player bid like this, the real amount is half and the rest are clauses - I really don't think they are ready to hand over a good fee just yet. Celtic's board run healthy profit margins and they, rightly I suppose, are going to try and penny pinch however they can.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Received a text saying there is not a lot in the Allan to Hibs rumour and that Celtic offered us £1million and Scott Allan permanently for Hendry. Allan is the stumbling block in this.

Don't know the truth in this but it's as credible as the Daily Star at least who are the ones that have came up with the Allan to Hibs rumour.

That's a bit more comforting.

I think the issue with Allan is that he'll see himself higher than us. It might be worth pushing the boat out to offer him a very good contract but with a release fee of a few hundred grand involved if that's what swings it for us. Not ideal but if you take it in the context of the Hendry deal, it could possibly give us a great player for another 6-12 months and/or £300k on top of the original Hendry money.

I'm hoping that we're holding firm over the deal anyway and fighting out corner at the very least. I'd be pretty disappointed if he left for a reported £1.2 million and we found out on the accounts that only £600k actually ever come to the club. A bit worried about how much we could achieve today in terms of a replacement tbh, especially with Meekings injured.

Appreciate the board are in a tough place if Celtic have offered a fair chunk of cash for a player we got on a free only 6 months ago, however the last day of the window makes it incredibly hard to get a replacement (assuming we don't have someone lined up as talks have been going on for a while).

Thought of two from O'Dea/Waddell/Julen as the centre half pairing for the weekend gives me the fear a bit. I think we would miss Hendry's commanding presence and his willingness to shout at others to get them organised.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Received a text saying there is not a lot in the Allan to Hibs rumour and that Celtic offered us £1million and Scott Allan permanently for Hendry. Allan is the stumbling block in this.

Don't know the truth in this but it's as credible as the Daily Star at least who are the ones that have came up with the Allan to Hibs rumour.

I'm obviously not a professional footballer who, in Allan's case, might be wondering where they're career is heading.

But if I were, then the above proposed deal would at least be making me think. Hendry will have got himself a move to a bigger club by impressing for Dundee. Allan is already impressing for us and I'm sure will/would continue to do so. So perhaps a permanent move to us is the boost he might be looking for to restart his career.

4 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

Appreciate the board are in a tough place if Celtic have offered a fair chunk of cash for a player we got on a free only 6 months ago, however the last day of the window makes it incredibly hard to get a replacement (assuming we don't have someone lined up as talks have been going on for a while).

Celtic need to practice what they preach and GTF.

Edited by The Master

I’m glad mcpake has been given a role at our club...but at the same time what does head of profession program do??

Sounds like we’ve just made up a job on the spot, forgive me if I’m wrong I just honestly have no idea and have never heard of this position before

I’m glad mcpake has been given a role at our club...but at the same time what does head of profession program do??

Sounds like we’ve just made up a job on the spot, forgive me if I’m wrong I just honestly have no idea and have never heard of this position before

It's one of the roles we've needed to fill for this Project Brave nonsense.

2 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

All part of the new SFA set-up with the academies. We kind of arsed up our initial application for progressive status (which is the second tier) so are on probation so need to employ three more people to get the issue sorted in the summer. McPake takes one of the roles we're needing and we're the only top flight team without that position filled.

I think the actual job responsibilities mean that he'll officially be in charge of the progression of players aged between 16-20. In practice, he'll coach the 20s and help out further down the age groups.

All part of the new SFA set-up with the academies. We kind of arsed up our initial application for progressive status (which is the second tier) so are on probation so need to employ three more people to get the issue sorted in the summer. McPake takes one of the roles we're needing and we're the only top flight team without that position filled.
I think the actual job responsibilities mean that he'll officially be in charge of the progression of players aged between 16-20. In practice, he'll coach the 20s and help out further down the age groups.

Isn’t that exactly what we have jimmy Boyle for??

Daniel Higgins, defender that moved from yourselves to Killie.... Promising? Just moved on loan to Airdrie.

Yeah. If he'd have stayed at Dens he'd have had the position to have been breaking into our team. Good with the ball at his feet, rather slender though. It's easy to tell he was a CM converted to CH.

12 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Daniel Higgins, defender that moved from yourselves to Killie.... Promising? Just moved on loan to Airdrie.

Yes. He did well in his few first team games. Last spring he was definitely ahead of Kerr Waddell in the queue for a first team chance. Higgins moved on and Waddell is now very much a first team player. Higgins should handle League One easily. I just checked my report for his debut at Tynecastle last April He played 90 minutes.

"The most positive feature of the game was an excellent debut performance in central defence by Daniel Higgins, who looked very much at home after being thrown in at the deep end. "

Sky Sports are suggesting it's a three way deal between us, Hibs and Celtic. Celtic pay a nominal fee for Bain, we have to release Allan from his loan (As do Hibs with Bain) so that Hibs sign him and we gain Simon Murray on loan.

I'd be bitterly disappointed with that tbh.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Sky Sports are suggesting it's a three way deal between us, Hibs and Celtic. Celtic pay a nominal fee for Bain, we have to release Allan from his loan (As do Hibs with Bain) so that Hibs sign him and we gain Simon Murray on loan.

On the plus side bringing in Murray should at least ensure the Derry never gets closed again due to plumbing issues. 

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hendry not involved? I'll be very surprised if something this complex can get done today to be honest.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

A cup-tied player as well.